BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Appleton 2 games 1 Point...at home...sorry but @#/?!
Get lost.

Were you there?

We deserved to win that by 2 clear goals and but for a worldie by their keeper we would have done. We were easily the best side tonight, and got better and better as the game wore on.

I just hope Goodwillie is feeling just a tenth as bad as I feel right now. His stupidity has just cost is 3 massive points. It may have been in the 6th minute of the 5 added on but it was a definite penalty. The keaning stupid oaf.

Appleton needs to start getting his substitutions right but there was a lot to be proud of tonight.

Special mention for Pedersen but they all worked their socks off.

I'm so angry right now that I'm not going to post anything else until the morning.

At the end of the day it's clear Appleton needs to rebuild the squad to put up a proper challenge next year. If we make it to the playoffs this year that would be fantastic but realistically if we go up with this squad we're screwed. There's no harm in taking a look at players like Goodwillie in action. He's a young player and scored plenty in Scotland. Most Championship teams get players from Scotland. I agree though, Goodwillie isn't good enough but people like Gomes aren't the future of this club and to be honest bar goals in his first few games he offered little else.

Anyone who thinks we played well tonight needs to seriously consider a different sport. We were awful again. Giving pointless balls away, hoofing it up to Rhodes who, yes won a couple of headers but needs it into his feet and the lack of closing down quickly in dangerous areas. Pedersen should be nowhere near that team. Brighton play the sort of football I like to see. Quick, lots of movement and close down quickly

Frustrating but the performance was more important for me than the result, hopefully the players are now on board and we'll see gradual improvements in fitness and organisation and the building of a team suitable for a proper push at promotion next season.

Bringing on goodwillie - no problems with that as he needs to see him play but also shows that we didn't plan on just putting 10 behind the ball and retreating to our own goal line. It backfired but i'll take all our good luck next season when it might be more useful than simply the difference between 12th and 9th...

Dreadful first 40+ minutes.

Decent 2nd half with CKR and Murphy getting stronger and a great game from Kane.

What the hell was Appleton doing bringing on Goodwillie when we should be shutting the game down with 5 minutes left....a basic and stupid mistake from our Manager.

Just in. Two big things for me. Poor substitution and having to move players around to accommodate this and in my opinion we did not do enough to get the second goal.

What on earth Goodwillie is doing in our own penalty area at that stage of the game anyway?

Anyone who thinks we played well tonight needs to seriously consider a different sport. We were awful again. Giving pointless balls away, hoofing it up to Rhodes who, yes won a couple of headers but needs it into his feet and the lack of closing down quickly in dangerous areas. Pedersen should be nowhere near that team. Brighton play the sort of football I like to see. Quick, lots of movement and close down quickly

worst post tonite

you obviously didnt go

At the end of the day it's clear Appleton needs to rebuild the squad to put up a proper challenge next year. If we make it to the playoffs this year that would be fantastic but realistically if we go up with this squad we're screwed. There's no harm in taking a look at players like Goodwillie in action. He's a young player and scored plenty in Scotland. Most Championship teams get players from Scotland. I agree though, Goodwillie isn't good enough but people like Gomes aren't the future of this club and to be honest bar goals in his first few games he offered little else.

~I disagree. Gomes has been keeping the bench warm very well...

Why did he put Goodwillie on when he had Givet on the bench?

• Backroom

worst post tonite

you obviously didnt go

People see things in different ways

I think the majority tonight who did go (and haven't written the manager off already) will see we were much improved, organised, hard working and simply let down by a teammate

Shoving a geezer in the back with the ref just about to blow isn't a mistimed tackle or some other such error, it's a blatant lack of professionalism.

Not that it needs to be used as an excuse to exclude him anyway, 'cos he's dog @#/?.

+1

Best performance I have seen for ages.

Lots of pressing high up the pitch and winning the ball back. The players battled and worked hard. We even threatened from set pieces!

Massive improvement from the last game I saw which was v Cardiff.

Down side was we didn't create enough and in hindsight Appleton made the wrong substitution. However, I don't want to criticize too much because that was a huge improvement. And, great to see and hear everyone backing the team.

Gutted by the result but encouraged by the performance.

Players gave everything today in terms of effort and commitment, we didn't create much, although Rhodes had 2 chances in second half which he usually tucks away, but our workrate stopped Brighton from being effective in an attacking sense,

Very stupid challenge from Goodwillie, there was no need to make that challenge. Not sure why he was bought on, as it meant moving Richards wide, he was very effective in second half at holding up the ball.

Appleton should also have used his subs in injury time to break up play and kill a few seconds which proved crucial in the end.

But seems players have responded to Appleton's criticism from Saturday, hopefully they will take confidence from that performance, few signings will also give people a boost. I think getting into playoffs is a very long shot, so it's about building for next season now.

Best performance I have seen for ages.

Lots of pressing high up the pitch and winning the ball back. The players battled and worked hard. We even threatened from set pieces!

Massive improvement from the last game I saw which was v Cardiff.

Down side was we didn't create enough and in hindsight Appleton made the wrong substitution. However, I don't want to criticize too much because that was a huge improvement. And, great to see and hear everyone backing the team.

that is one thing i would disagree with. peds set pieces were dreadful

People see things in different ways

I think the majority tonight who did go (and haven't written the manager off already) will see we were much improved, organised, hard working and simply let down by a teammate

To be fair, anyone can make a mistake at any time. The reason it always seems so crucial with us is that we never manage a 2 goal cushion----Burnley being just one other example.

Anyone playing us will always think they have a chance until the second the whistle goes.

Archived