BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Lowe, Murphy, Markus Olsson, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Ugh.

Another chance for CKR - though he does look better up front than on the wings. Presumably MGP on the right wing - with Olsson Mk2 on the left. Hopefully Pedersen can deliver some crosses for Rhodes to score. Worried about Murphy playing two games in quick succession.

Don't like how Simon's been dropped altogether with Markus replacing him

Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Lowe, Murphy, Markus Olsson, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Subs: Usai, Givet, Fabio Nunes, Dunn, Nuno Gomes, Rochina, Goodwillie.

Bit of a strange selection.

Hoping Murphy would have been left out with at least a couple of other changes.

Think it shows how umbalanced our squad is and how short of 'real' options we are.

Well I've just watched three blokes entering the Riverside and getting a proper frisking on the way in. Apparently it was a "random" search and the stewards are "being watched" to make sure they are "doing their job properly".

I kid you not.

Wonder if they've been told to search for snowballs? :rolleyes:

Bit of a strange selection.

Hoping Murphy would have been left out with at least a couple of other changes.

Think it shows how umbalanced our squad is and how short of 'real' options we are.

We don't really have anyone else. Jorge is the only other fit central midfielder and I wouldn't want him in there. Get the feeling Vuckevic won't be at the club beyond the summer.

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Pedersen, Lowe and Markus Olsson in our first team. How far we have fallen.

Definitely it looks like a poor PNE team.

For those there if Lowe or Murphy pass back to the centre halfs at any point should question, could they have turned and gone forward like hasta mentioned on another thread.

Very strange, Simon should be in the centre, but not even on the bench, injured? Slow side, Rochina deserved to be dropped, CKR doesn't deserve another start - goodwillie/Rhodes up front - would need to play to feet, so our centre back hoofball not suited.....can't see the reasoning, other than we have few alternatives!

Well I've just watched three blokes entering the Riverside and getting a proper frisking on the way in. Apparently it was a "random" search and the stewards are "being watched" to make sure they are "doing their job properly".

I kid you not.

Wonder if they've been told to search for snowballs? :rolleyes:

On Saturday my cousin who sits in JW, asked the stewards what exactly they were looking for. The answer was live chickens.

What a laughing stock we have become.

If a chicken had got onto the pitch it would probably have had more mobility than many of our players.

• Backroom
Kaz n Markus Olsson hav pace.

Kaz has average pace and Markus Olsson has quite literally nothing to offer other than pace. He can't do anything else. Having him in the squad let alone the first 11 is a joke.

• Backroom

Well he's made some changes but on paper they look like the wrong ones

Rochina deserved to be dropped but so did others and Simon wouldn't hae been one of those for me

Beginning to have a little cry before a ball is even kicked tonight.

On paper in my eyes, and in the performances so far this season:

Championship standard CB's (JUST)

A league one CM

League one wide men

I'd love to have egg on my face come 9.40 but I don't think I will. Love 'em or hate 'em but Simon and Rochina are the only two with an ounce of creativity in their bodies.

Just arrived back home so too late for Ewood. Looking at the team sheet its pretty poor selections.

Defeat and end of any lingering hopes of promotion.

On the plus soide. Appleton will get his wish to build a team for next season WITHOUT any decent players.

Chaddy you're a good supporter but you only mention two players.

What about the other eight outfield players ?

Kane and Olsson Mk1 are both quick - for a centre midfield player Lowe isn't too bad - and for a centre half Dann isn't too slow.

If he trying for a certain team pattern - Olsson Mk2 is the ideal player to play on the left while King is injured (other than Olsson Mk1)

Archived