BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Middlesbrough

Robertson

Please don't insult my intelligence Stuart , my thread was by no means any more of an insult or wind up like many threads in here by BRAG or other keaned off members of this site!
Seriously?

Well, as we are on a match thread - which will be mothballed soon anyway, perhaps you could clarify what point you were trying to make then?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but that is absolute nonsense. Consistency is a necessary a component of success. We're chopping and changing players, occasionally formation, for a side that is made-up of several players who only joined in the summer. Expecting them to adapt to new team mates and a new league whilst constantly changing their own roles and who they are playing alongside simply doesn't work. Good teams and good runs are often built on stable sides.

A little bit of tweaking in order to find a plan that works is fine, but you can't change everything because you have lost the last game or two. A good manager would have a sense of what his best team was and would stick with it, expecting that issues would sort themselves out over a bit of time. He must know that the squad is capable of better, it clearly is based on early season results alone.

Do you think it is any surprise that we are failing to control the midfield and making basic defensive errors when there are different players there each week? On top of that, it is the fastest way to destroy the confidence of the majority of our side.

Anyone would think that the teams being picked by a third party, somebody who doesn't really understand the game, somebody who thinks its his 'toy'

Tear up trees to get Souness in, he'd fire up these under achieving pansies
I was thinking that AS, but I'm not sure a.) that he has that fire any more and b.) whether his methods would work - especially returning to the club.

But, yeah, I'd support that one. Not sure Singh would though - could you imagine a meeting between Singh as suggestor-in-chief and Souey as manager.

"Get the Kean Out of my office!"

Ah, a beautiful dream...

Seriously?

Well, as we are on a match thread - which will be mothballed soon anyway, perhaps you could clarify what point you were trying to make then?

I find it quite insulting Stuart that you should ask me that question especially as you find it so neccessary to comment on my thread which was 'mysteriously removed today!

I find it quite insulting Stuart that you should ask me that question especially as you find it so neccessary to comment on my thread which was 'mysteriously removed today!
You get insulted very easily.

I merely pointed out that you have a specific and targeted agenda - as demonstrated by the thread you created with your first post on the site - usually indicative of a second account by a seasoned and bitter poster - which many posters won't be aware of.

You asked me why it had been removed and I gave you my opinion - which insulted your intelligence apparently.

You said it was no worse that others so I asked what your point was - seemingly insulting you futher.

If you had been insulted for being mistaken for another poster I could understand it but I'm not sure what your issue is. Apart from wanting people to pipe down so you can hear yourself "cheering on the boys".

Nero and fiddling springs to mind, ES.

You get insulted very easily.

I merely pointed out that you have a specific and targeted agenda - as demonstrated by the thread you created with your first post on the site - usually indicative of a second account by a seasoned and bitter poster - which many posters won't be aware of.

You asked me why it had been removed and I gave you my opinion - which insulted your intelligence apparently.

You said it was no worse that others so I asked what your point was - seemingly insulting you futher.

If you had been insulted for being mistaken for another poster I could understand it but I'm not sure what your issue is. Apart from wanting people to pipe down so you can hear yourself "cheering on the boys".

Nero and fiddling springs to mind, ES.

I think the squad needs a bit of a clear out and get a few in that show a bit of passion n give it 100%, nothing worse than watching over paid players going through the motions as if losing is an acceptable habit
We need to set the team up around Rhodes.

Let's hope January will allow us to do so.

Having thought about it, our PL experience may be working against us. Perhaps top-half Championship experience is what's required.

My issue and agenda Stuart was stated very clear in my thread which was removed after 30 min whereas mullans thread lasted 24 hours! Once again I ask you not to insult my intelligence but show a little respect!. Since when did 'cheering on the boys' become irrelevant during a match Stuart !forgive me if I'm wrong but I sense a bit of affection for shebbys allies... Glenn and mark?

Good of happy clappy to hijack the match thread. Sounds like a well rounded individual without any hang ups or lasting bitterness. Let us know when your done.

Having thought about it, our PL experience may be working against us. Perhaps top-half Championship experience is what's required.

If playing one upfront then Rhodes is not the answer. Not physically strong enough, or quick enough, does not win enough headers or hold the ball up, lacking the skill and trickery to beat a man although he can create a yard in the box. Needs a target man alongside him.

The most worrying thing about today is that we actually played better than we have done in recent games while Middlesbrough looked off key and yet the end result was still the same. We had plenty of possession but the final ball was poor. Kean kept us in the game with a superb save when Middlesbrough were already one up.

Once again the lack of substitutions was baffling. The game was crying out for Dunny to come on to play behind Rhodes and yet when he was finally brought on he was stuck on the left wing.

The simple truth is that the players are not good enough. I have said it from day one at Ipswich and I have yet to see anything to make me change my mind. I had hoped that Berg would turn things around given time but, sadly, we seem to be going backwards. However, what manager would be a success having to work under Shebby? Relegation is now becoming a serious danger. Time for Shebby and co to forget about promotion and allow the manager to sign players in January who will actually keep us in this division. Sadly, one suspects that the future is now as a Championship/League One club. Venkys have simply destroyed this club.

My issue and agenda Stuart was stated very clear in my thread which was removed after 30 min whereas mullans thread lasted 24 hours! Once again I ask you not to insult my intelligence but show a little respect!. Since when did 'cheering on the boys' become irrelevant during a match Stuart !forgive me if I'm wrong but I sense a bit of affection for shebbys allies... Glenn and mark?

ForeverHappyClap The Action Group are pro Blackburn Rovers and allies of the club as are all Rovers Fans.

Good of happy clappy to hijack the match thread. Sounds like a well rounded individual without any hang ups or lasting bitterness. Let us know when your done.

If playing one upfront then Rhodes is not the answer. Not physically strong enough, or quick enough, does not win enough headers or hold the ball up, lacking the skill and trickery to beat a man although he can create a yard in the box. Needs a target man alongside him.

Makes you wonder why he cost 8 million doesn't it?

Highest wage bill but the worst team in the championship.

I doubt anybody would have thought we'd gat anything at Boro today but there is the rub. Gross incompetence bordering on criminal activity has seen this situation arise. I can accept us taking our rightful place in the football heirarchy of hovering between the lower divisions cos we have simply reverted to life as it was before the intervention of Jack Walker. This is what we are and what we deserve as a small depressed northern town with a dislocated support base, but what I cannot accept is the dire financial situation the club has been put in by a combination of base greed, criminal opportunism and dire incompetence.

The club's very existence is teetering on the edge of a precipice and imo the continuation of BRFC is down to whatever patience and pride our distant owners afford us. Everything they have meddled with here has been a huge and unmitigated disaster. They are surely in a stop loss situation and I can not think of any reason why they will not accept that they have made a huge financial mistake, cut their losses, salvage whatever they can and simply pull out. It's what I felt could easily happen two years ago and common sense dictates they must.

to sack berg now would be as crazy as that of not sacking him so what would you choose after another bad performance today?

As I said I came on here to read about the game (having no idea of the result/performance) so talking of sackings before I knew why was irrelevant.

We need someone to grab the team by the balls n show a bit of leadership n show the younger players that Blackburn rovers is a club worth fighting for, I feel this needs to come from a few of the older players such as dunn Murphy n pederson because I think the managerial staff are low in confidence n the upstairs isn't really giving anyone in the club any confidence so if the boys can pick it up a bit.

If there not up for that then maybe we n a few boys in that want to win matches and are vocal enough to relies that this is unacceptable at the moment and try to rescue this embarrassment of a season

Archived