BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Middlesbrough

Robertson

Sorry, but that is absolute nonsense. Consistency is a necessary a component of success. We're chopping and changing players, occasionally formation, for a side that is made-up of several players who only joined in the summer. Expecting them to adapt to new team mates and a new league whilst constantly changing their own roles and who they are playing alongside simply doesn't work. Good teams and good runs are often built on stable sides.

A little bit of tweaking in order to find a plan that works is fine, but you can't change everything because you have lost the last game or two. A good manager would have a sense of what his best team was and would stick with it, expecting that issues would sort themselves out over a bit of time. He must know that the squad is capable of better, it clearly is based on early season results alone.

Do you think it is any surprise that we are failing to control the midfield and making basic defensive errors when there are different players there each week? On top of that, it is the fastest way to destroy the confidence of the majority of our side.

I'll tell you what - give me the name of one of these fabled good players, who could give a good argument against being dropped

Eddie. Your starting position is that this is one of the best squads in the league - correct? Well, if you did, then it's no surprise to see that your next argument is that it's all down to tactics. In all fairness you're not on your own there. Our problems have nothing to do with team selection. Different managers have tried different things for two years now, and while some people have argued every transfer window that we've strengthened, we're sliding towards another relegation slot. ?

Stand back and have a look at what's happened over the last two years. Some of us pointed out what would happen a long time ago.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes you wonder why he cost 8 million doesn't it?

I like Rhodes. He is an honest player talented at what he does best. Give him two decent wingers and a target man, or a quality player in the hole and he would be perfect to finish moves off.

Asking him to toil away chasing shadows on his own upfront is unhelpful and unproductive as shown by our pathetic goal return in general over the last month or two.

The biggest mistake that he is making is that he won't stick with one side. We are struggling at the moment and we desperately need a bit of consistency. Changing two or three players every match, particularly in key areas of the pitch, is hardly going to help.

Nonsense.

I like Rhodes. He is an honest player talented at what he does best. Give him two decent wingers and a target man, or a quality player in the hole and he would be perfect to finish moves off.

Asking him to toil away chasing shadows on his own upfront is unhelpful and unproductive as shown by our pathetic goal return in general over the last month or two.

It's a shame tho that we wait till we get relegated to spend some money or is it that we got the safety net payment from the FA for relegated teams and the venkies didn't have to put any of there own money into the club

Rhodes seems like a good a lad but the rest of the team is lacking a bit at the moment

I'll tell you what - give me the name of one of these fabled good players, who could give a good argument against being dropped

Eddie. Your starting position is that this is one of the best squads in the league - correct? Well, if you did, then it's no surprise to see that your next argument is that it's all down to tactics. In all fairness you're not on your own there. Our problems have nothing to do with team selection. Different managers have tried different things for two years now, and while some people have argued every transfer window that we've strengthened, we're sliding towards another relegation slot. ?

Stand back and have a look at what's happened over the last two years. Some of us pointed out what would happen a long time ago.

My starting position would be that we have a top 8 squad. We are certainly underperforming by several places at the moment and our recent run is totally unacceptable with the players that we have at our disposal. It is even less acceptable when you look at the performances behind the results, which include several halves where we have failed to threaten and one or two where we have failed to even compete.

The 'some of us pointed out what would happen a long time ago' is pretty pointless. This isn't a discussion about the way the club is being run, I'm talking about performances and the team and tactics that are being used.

I'm not going to use this as an opportunity to defend Kean, but the fact remains that until he left we were challenging for the automatic promotion spots and until Berg was appointed we were challenging for the playoff spots. You can't say that every approach by every manager in the last two seasons has failed, it is Berg that is failing spectacularly at this particular moment in time when two other managers have shown that this squad is capable of challenging for promotion.

Now, this is in part due to the fact that Berg is getting none of the luck that the other two benefited from, but that only tells part of the story. He is doing a bad job and looking beyond the mess that is going on behind the scenes anyone making a decent analysis of this team would see that chopping and changing the side is unlikely to do much to help. What is he expecting? That we will win one game and he will then stick with that team and everything will be fine. We won a game, he chose the same side next out and he then changed it for the following match after a draw.

Try to find a side in the top half of either the championship or the premiership that is making two or three changes for every match. You won't be successful.

I don't know, ES, I'm not a mod. However, at a guess it was, in the opinion of the site admin that it was designed to wind people up and would have descended into a slanging match - adding nothing to the quality of the site but I'm guessing you knew that, eh, ES?

Nice idea posing as a disillusioned ex-BRAG member though - divide and rule, eh?

Mmmm . The quote facility doesn't seem to be working correctly, but I would just like to clear up some confusion that Stuart seems to be having. I do not, or never have had a second account on here. Anything I say I say it through this account. I would be grateful if some 'techie' type could confirm this. Cheers.

Mmmm . The quote facility doesn't seem to be working correctly, but I would just like to clear up some confusion that Stuart seems to be having. I do not, or never have had a second account on here. Anything I say I say it through this account. I would be grateful if some 'techie' type could confirm this. Cheers.
You sound just like him.

Although he seems to have disappeared now you've arrived. ;)

The 'some of us pointed out what would happen a long time ago' is pretty pointless. This isn't a discussion about the way the club is being run, I'm talking about performances and the team and tactics that are being used.

It's absolutely not pointless Eddie. It's the whole reason we're where we are today. Team performances are the result of the way the club has been run. You surely must see that you can't simply divorce the off field situation from the onfield results. Team selection or tactics isn't the problem here Eddie. Berg doesn't have a squad at his disposal that has the elements needed to get this club out of the Championship.

Happy-clapping, berating the action group or setting up a dupe?

Stuart, my view has always been the same ... that a section of our support 'aided and abetted' relegation last season. I do not need to set up another account to reiterate those views.

Please could you tell me why it was removed Stuart and did you think it's content warranted its removal ?imy guess is brag influence on this website is more powerful than freedom of speech!???

Don't talk a load of @#/? pal. I've defended you in the past but you are truly deluded.

Would have been a bit lonely at Ewood today.

btw Are you Neil (ES)? Many appear convinced that you are.

Not neil...

Don't talk a load of @#/? pal. I've defended you in the past but you are truly deluded.

Not neil...

Fair dos, I apologise to ES.

Sounds like it is a reincarnated poster though - who are we dealing with Ste?

It's absolutely not pointless Eddie. It's the whole reason we're where we are today. Team performances are the result of the way the club has been run. You surely must see that you can't simply divorce the off field situation from the onfield results. Team selection or tactics isn't the problem here Eddie. Berg doesn't have a squad at his disposal that has the elements needed to get this club out of the Championship.

I'd simply ask; if our squad is so good, why have they only played well in a couple of games all season ?

Apology accepted.

I'll also apologise - I think your views are completely off the mark but it seems like it isn't you and happy to admit I was wrong when blaming you.

It certainly sounds like a 'bitter' 2nd account poster though, and it seems like it's been confirmed above.

Do spill ;)

I couldn't attend todays game how did Rosado do? Radio said he was doing OK others who went said he didn't?

He's nowhere near good enough. He's too slow in his decision making thus keeps getting the ball taken of him. He's to lightweight and is easily knocked off the ball.

The game passed him by.

Archived