BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby or Shaw

208 members have voted

1. 1. Shebby or Shaw / rock or hard place!

• Shebby
    • Shaw / Agnew

I don't think that we have seen the last of Shebby. He definitely lost a big battle with Appleton being appointed in preference to his recommendations, but like Shagnew did after Kean left he will sit tight and wait for his opportunity. Also I am fairly sure that he is employed/paid by Venky's and not Rovers.

who was Shebby recommendation for manager job???

he didnt seems to know who he wanted.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Shaw, Agnew and Singh,

I think nothing has changed as the decision to appoint Appleton was none of theirs and they was last to know. The whole deal was done by India, bar the paperwork on Friday, which was done by Shaw.

He was also not recommended by any, so all three's position is currently unknown

Agnew currently away on holiday.,

One point to note before another BRAG witch hunt starts, the way things evolved publically and the way things happened are what a few people are looking at.

One poster in particular claimed this deal was done 6 days before it was completed and 5 days before official permission for Appleton was granted (RE Statements from both clubs)

I think the term used was, "deal done by handshake and 60/40 split with supporters re this appointment.Bowyer appointment"

'Partially' John Williams id assume!(is that a blasphemous thing to say?), Although i'd imagine Jerome(or whoever) gave Williams the hard sell 1st.

Sounds likely whoever found Venkys had also previously introduced Syed. That's what I was getting at really.

Unless it was like our management search...

Regarding Shaw, Agnew and Singh,

I think nothing has changed as the decision to appoint Appleton was none of theirs and they was last to know. The whole deal was done by India, bar the paperwork on Friday, which was done by Shaw.

He was also not recommended by any, so all three's position is currently unknown

Agnew currently away on holiday.,

One point to note before another BRAG witch hunt starts, the way things evolved publically and the way things happened are what a few people are looking at.

One poster in particular claimed this deal was done 6 days before it was completed and 5 days before official permission for Appleton was granted (RE Statements from both clubs)

I think the term used was, "deal done by handshake and 60/40 split with supporters re this appointment.Bowyer appointment"

Well that explains Mark's post in the FF thread.

What's the end game here then, Glen? Pressure on a particular board member to resign - if he did the deal - or a fine or points deduction for the club?

If we really want shut of Venkys we need a viable buyer and a compelling reason to sell. We are struggling with the former and if the dossier fell on deaf, sweat-beaded ears then the latter seems unlikely also.

Leave M.G. alone :), he's proven(finally) himself to be the most in-the-know of anybody on this site recently, the 4(shebby,shaw,agnew,brag) of you Starting a witchhunt against him just because he knows more than the lot of you is just another Low blow and completely unhelpful.

Well that explains Mark's post in the FF thread.

What's the end game here then, Glen? Pressure on a particular board member to resign - if he did the deal - or a fine or points deduction for the club?

If we really want shut of Venkys we need a viable buyer and a compelling reason to sell. We are struggling with the former and if the dossier fell on deaf, sweat-beaded ears then the latter seems unlikely also.

This series of events is being looked at, by a few external bodies.

Mark has asked for clarification on Shaws role in this. Its quite unfair if more internal bickering occurs from something it appears he had no hand in

Leave M.G. alone, he's proven(finally) himself to be the most in-the-know of anybody on this site recently, the 4(shebby,shaw,agnew,brag) of you Starting a witchhunt against him just because he knows more than the lot of you is just another Low blow and completely unhelpful.

I don't think he was having a go, more pointing out the timing and content of the information posted by MG, which could lead to questions

Leave M.G. alone :), he's proven(finally) himself to be the most in-the-know of anybody on this site recently, the 4(shebby,shaw,agnew,brag) of you Starting a witchhunt against him just because he knows more than the lot of you is just another Low blow and completely unhelpful.

Come again?

By stating that someone said the deal was done n dusted a whole 5 days prior to any official approach, does this not smack you as strange?

There is no witch hunt, this is our football club and anything which may be a breakage of the rules is of interest to all rovers supporters.

The fact its being looked at, is of deep concern to me, and should be you

Carlos Queiroz???

why did the venkys family not appoint him but Appleton???

who wanted Appleton to be appoint as rovers manager???

Exactly, as he was not recommeded by ANYONE at Ewood Park

I don't think he was having a go, more pointing out the timing and content of the information posted by MG, which could lead to questions

Completely correct

Another point to note Rovers have also this week brought in a high profile PR Company, these are the cream of the crop. Where this leaves PAPR , I dont know. However this company are top notch

so Glen, who recemmond Appleton for the Rovers job???

Nicko and Cryer both said it was Shaw.

Cryer said on Talksport yesterday, that Shaw knew nothing about it.

Shaw has also told the rest of the board he knew nothing about it.

Hence Mark has asked the FF to get clarification

I too presumed it was a Shaw recommendation with their past Preston links etc and I think many others just presumed too

Another point to note Rovers have also this week brought in a high profile PR Company, these are the cream of the crop. Where this leave PAPR , I dont know. However this company are top notch

Name please???

at least Agnew company will have nothing to do with Rovers now.

Come again?

By stating that someone said the deal was done n dusted a whole 5 days prior to any official approach, does this not smack you as strange?

There is no witch hunt, this is our football club and anything which may be a breakage of the rules is of interest to all rovers supporters.

The fact its being looked at, is of deep concern to me, and should be you

Its no different than you dropping hints at the managers Shebby had been putting forward(only Shebbys choice/s didn't get selected), word-it-up all you like its just its just sour grapes, your just looking for trouble in an attempt justify your position.

Even if Appletons appointment was arranged in principal before an official approach to Blackpool was made, So what, that's football, things like that happen at every club every day, Karl Oyston doesn't seem fussed, he got a good cash boost out of it)

Another point to note Rovers have also this week brought in a high profile PR Company, these are the cream of the crop. Where this leaves PAPR , I dont know. However this company are top notch

I too presumed it was a Shaw recommendation with their past Preston links etc and I think many others just presumed too

so who are u saying recommed him then???

what talk did Cryer said this on talksport?

Its no different than you dropping hints at the managers Shebby had been putting forward(only Shebbys choice/s didn't get selected), word-it-up all you like its just its just sour grapes, your just looking for trouble in an attempt justify your position.

Believe what you want, My only interest is Rovers and its long term future.

How you wish to look at things is entirely upto you, but do not presume I have a motive unless you are going to back it up!

so who are u saying recommed him then???

what talk did Cryer said this on talksport?

The million dollar question, No-one is certain who did, I only know who did'nt

Name please???

at least Agnew company will have nothing to do with Rovers now.

The Sports PR Company

It's becoming fairly clear that the Appleton appointment was done at Venky's level, with Shaw being told to handle things at this end once the decision had been made, even Shaw's daughter tweeted that Appleton wasn't his choice.

This does not mean that there is anything dodgy in this, Venky's have lots of different advisors who they choose to listen to. However, the authorities will want to look at things if it comes out that this deal was done days before official permission was granted, but nen again this kinda thing is common with the game.

Surely he's not going to say something different to the FF than the board.

So if you want him on record saying 'no' then you must have proof to the contrary.

Interesting.

Glen, when did Cryer on Talksport yesterday then?

It's becoming fairly clear that the Appleton appointment was done at Venky's level, with Shaw being told to handle things at this end once the decision had been made, even Shaw's daughter tweeted that Appleton wasn't his choice.

This does not mean that there is anything dodgy in this, Venky's have lots of different advisors who they choose to listen to. However, the authorities will want to look at things if it comes out that this deal was done days before official permission was granted, but nen again this kinda thing is common with the game.

+100

Archived