BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby or Shaw

208 members have voted

1. 1. Shebby or Shaw / rock or hard place!

• Shebby
    • Shaw / Agnew

Well, just a few points to take note of.

Some people said that Shebby Singh has been interfering in team selection, but Steve Kean has always been making baffling team selections and omiting senior players way before he came in. Henning Berg himself said that Shebby Singh never interfered in team selection and that he had full control of first team affairs, and that is if you don't believe Shebby Singh's own declaration that he doesn't interfere in first team affairs at all.

Roverandout accused Shebby Singh of firing Henning Berg because he didn't toe the line, but I think it was because Berg only won one out of his first ten games, a record worse than even Steve Kean. Don't get me wrong, I like Berg, but football is a results orientated business, and Berg wasn't getting the results we needed.

That said, there are many people who are more competent than Shebby Singh, and I would prefer to see them at the helm (John Williams and Tom Finn come to mind), but as it is the Malaysian is being overly villified to make Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew look good. Those two are pretty much responsible for the decline of our club way before Shebby Singh came in, and I would rather throw them out ahead of Shebby Singh than tossing the Global Advisor out and ending up severing communications with the club entirely. At least Shebby Singh speaks to fans, the Action Group, etc, even if he is accused of not telling the truth, but we were basically vilified by our dear Public Relations Officer while Kean was in charge.

Shaw and Agnew responsible for the decline of our club-good god Shaw only arrived in July did nt he?? get a grip

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong. I've no time for Agnew either but I find the Brag / Shebby love in very uncomfortable.

Surely questions need to be asked regarding the timing of the Agnew slating, just at a time when Shebby is copping it.

Don't get me wrong. I've no time for Agnew either but I find the Brag / Shebby love in very uncomfortable.

Surely questions need to be asked regarding the timing of the Agnew slating, just at a time when Shebby is copping it.

There is no Shebby love, I do believe that Agnew is the biggest problem in the club and have always said that. It gets mentioned more as it is topical at the moment with a poll running and lots of conversations regarding the whole set up. Those who have overseen this mess should be held accountable and the whole mess is older than 6 months old.

• Backroom

Shebby has been involved in the club for far longer than 6 months though hasn't he although maybe only in his current role for 6 months

However Derek Shaw hasn't been here for much longer than 6 months and he isn't offered the same courtesy it appears

Shaw and Agnew responsible for the decline of our club-good god Shaw only arrived in July did nt he?? get a grip

Sorry, mistype, I meant Agnew, not Shaw. Why did I write the two? I was talking about Agnew, especially if you read that last statement. Kind of forgot what I was typing when I was typing (okay, that didn't make sense).

Shebby has been involved in the club for far longer than 6 months though hasn't he although maybe only in his current role for 6 months

However Derek Shaw hasn't been here for much longer than 6 months and he isn't offered the same courtesy it appears

Quite right Shaw hasn't been here that long, but for the purpose of this thread it was Shaw/Agnew as a package. I don't have a massive axe to grind with Derek he seems a nice bloke when you talk to him.

So has Coar but you don't seem quite so arsed about him.

burnley Bob has served his time, didn't do a bad job as I recall, Agnew and Shaw aren't fit to sit at the same table as Coar, but he could be seen to be doing more in my book instead of seemingly sitting back and watching things unfold.

Quite right Shaw hasn't been here that long, but for the purpose of this thread it was Shaw/Agnew as a package. I don't have a massive axe to grind with Derek he seems a nice bloke when you talk to him.

Honestly it is quite simple, all three need to be removed, for different reasons they are almost as bad as each other. None of them have the skills or expertise to do the jobs that they are currently doing and are ripping apart the club with their games.

burnley Bob has served his time, didn't do a bad job as I recall, Agnew and Shaw aren't fit to sit at the same table as Coar, but he could be seen to be doing more in my book instead of seemingly sitting back and watching things unfold.

I'd agree with that. Think you need men like rob coar in there just in case the owners do ever @#/? off and take that Malaysian with them to tell the next owners what's been going on. Technically he has no power but he is in a position to speak his mind. Obviously the venkys currently ignore him along with every other sane former board member.

Can you imagine a scenario without the likes of coar the new owners walk in and the first person they see us Agnew gurning at them telling them how he knows of a bald Scottish man to come and manage.

tbh I think Coar is doing the right thing. He's very little power under the Venky's and if he rocked their boat would no doubt be booted out quickstyle. In effect he currently holds no real influence at the club in fact his only purpose using old cold war jargon is in a 'sleeper' role. Should the Venky's jump ship and new owner/owners come in Bob Coar could re-emerge as a very useful individual with much experience and many contacts throughout the football heirarchy.

Just my opinion of course.

I'd be staggered if anyone puts Appleton's name forward overall win rate of 23.8%.

Portsmouth were extenuating circumstances. And that's putting it lightly.

Hasn't lost many at Blackpool but hasn't converted enough draws into wins, either.

But we need someone who knows this league inside-out. What am I saying? This is Venky's...

Portsmouth were extenuating circumstances. And that's putting it lightly.

Hasn't lost many at Blackpool but hasn't converted enough draws into wins, either.

But we need someone who knows this league inside-out. What am I saying? This is Venky's...

Won 2 Drawn 7 Lost 2 at Blackpool, not what we need right now surely,

I'd be staggered if anyone puts Appleton's name forward overall win rate of 23.8%.

Even further adding to what i was (not so subtly) hinting at with my last post in that thread, i cant help thinking brags most outspoken members will be against any manager that is being touted by Derek Shaw/Paul Agnew(even though Shaw does have proven good form of spotting a good manager)

Archived