BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby or Shaw

208 members have voted

1. 1. Shebby or Shaw / rock or hard place!

• Shebby
    • Shaw / Agnew

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People asking as to why Shebby gets the abuse on match days now and not the other two. Most of the none internet-dwelling fans at the game (the majority) won't follow the off the field shambles as closely. All they see is Shebby popping up everywhere he can using 1000 words when 10 would suffice. It's his own fault for hogging the limelight. Most people won't know who Agnew is.

People asking as to why Shebby gets the abuse on match days now and not the other two. Most of the none internet-dwelling fans at the game (the majority) won't follow the off the field shambles as closely. All they see is Shebby popping up everywhere he can using 1000 words when 10 would suffice. It's his own fault for hogging the limelight. Most people won't know who Agnew is.

Shebby is an obvious problem who, while clownish in the extreme, at least appears to listen to fans and corrects course from time to time. I actually think he's fairly honest, as these things go in the world of football. In my opinion Agnew is a deeper, less obvious but more virulent problem.

Shebby will make us look like a circus from time to time but Agnew appears to be the common denominator. Cut out Agnew and I believe some stability will be achieved. Then we can focus on the cosmetic issues, like Shebby.

Both parties believe they have the support of their bosses

In today's LT Andy Cryer has reported that Agnew\Shaw and Singh both believe that they have the support of Venkys.

Unbelievable.

Surely something has to give we can't go on like this.

probably a case of one party getting support from one venky, the other from another Venky. We know that communication at the upper echelons is not a strong point.

I don't come on here that much, but can someone briefly explain why Shebby is winning this poll?? I was long of the opinion that having him there was better than having no one, as was the case last season...but now I'm not so sure.

I think Singh is seen as the lesser of two evils but for me he's now the biggest problem.

His choice of Berg has directly resulted in our descent to a new level of chaos.

It's clear if his paymasters decide to listen to him again we'll end up with another poor appointment.

I don't come on here that much, but can someone briefly explain why Shebby is winning this poll?? I was long of the opinion that having him there was better than having no one, as was the case last season...but now I'm not so sure.

Glen M made a case for Shebby being a fool but an honest one trying to remove what he perceived to be the real negative interferences at the club. It swung the votes from Shaw/Agnew towards Shebby. It's a bad poll anyway as both Shebby and Agnew shouldn't be anywhere near our club.

gotta to keep shaw, he was the only sensible one when it came to appointing a new manager, singh is power-mad, if the wicked witch from the east had listened to shaw and not singh, we might be in and around the play-offs now, singh will drag this club into oblivion, he doesnt give two jots about the club. Anyone who thought he got rid of kean for the fans is deluded, he got rid of kean simply because he wanted to be topdog, kean wouldnt have any of it, same why berg was sacked because he wasnt prepared to toe the line, hes scum!!!

Absolutely agree with you. Shebby is a total moron

Well, just a few points to take note of.

Some people said that Shebby Singh has been interfering in team selection, but Steve Kean has always been making baffling team selections and omiting senior players way before he came in. Henning Berg himself said that Shebby Singh never interfered in team selection and that he had full control of first team affairs, and that is if you don't believe Shebby Singh's own declaration that he doesn't interfere in first team affairs at all.

Roverandout accused Shebby Singh of firing Henning Berg because he didn't toe the line, but I think it was because Berg only won one out of his first ten games, a record worse than even Steve Kean. Don't get me wrong, I like Berg, but football is a results orientated business, and Berg wasn't getting the results we needed.

That said, there are many people who are more competent than Shebby Singh, and I would prefer to see them at the helm (John Williams and Tom Finn come to mind), but as it is the Malaysian is being overly villified to make Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew look good. Those two are pretty much responsible for the decline of our club way before Shebby Singh came in, and I would rather throw them out ahead of Shebby Singh than tossing the Global Advisor out and ending up severing communications with the club entirely. At least Shebby Singh speaks to fans, the Action Group, etc, even if he is accused of not telling the truth, but we were basically vilified by our dear Public Relations Officer while Kean was in charge.

Both parties believe they have the support of their bosses

In today's LT Andy Cryer has reported that Agnew\Shaw and Singh both believe that they have the support of Venkys.

Unbelievable.

Surely something has to give we can't go on like this.

I think it would be sensible of venkys to buy time and wait until they have sorted out the boardroom before they waste money on a manager, but I bet 5 weeks down the line nothing will have changed and then they will appoint a manager anyway who will continue to have no support and be inbetween the petty squabbles of the three of them.

Agnew/Shaw out now, Singh should have a stay of execution to prove his worth until a healthy stable board is put together.

Well, just a few points to take note of.

Some people said that Shebby Singh has been interfering in team selection, but Steve Kean has always been making baffling team selections and omiting senior players way before he came in. Henning Berg himself said that Shebby Singh never interfered in team selection and that he had full control of first team affairs, and that is if you don't believe Shebby Singh's own declaration that he doesn't interfere in first team affairs at all.

Roverandout accused Shebby Singh of firing Henning Berg because he didn't toe the line, but I think it was because Berg only won one out of his first ten games, a record worse than even Steve Kean. Don't get me wrong, I like Berg, but football is a results orientated business, and Berg wasn't getting the results we needed.

That said, there are many people who are more competent than Shebby Singh, and I would prefer to see them at the helm (John Williams and Tom Finn come to mind), but as it is the Malaysian is being overly villified to make Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew look good. Those two are pretty much responsible for the decline of our club way before Shebby Singh came in, and I would rather throw them out ahead of Shebby Singh than tossing the Global Advisor out and ending up severing communications with the club entirely. At least Shebby Singh speaks to fans, the Action Group, etc, even if he is accused of not telling the truth, but we were basically vilified by our dear Public Relations Officer while Kean was in charge.

The treatment of and the blame placed firmly on the supporters by the press and the underlying PR work which elevated that @#/? to matryr status can surely not have been forgotten so quickly can it?........ not even in the deepest depths of the Blackburn / Darwen Ends?

Venky's could solve the alleged conflict at a stroke by sacking Agnew and Singh and leaving Shaw in charge, and taking his advice. If they're not prepared to take Shaw's advice, well then they might as well sack him as well as there's no point him being there.

John Williams and Tom Finn and the Board didn't have the ultimate say on anything when they were here, that was down to the Trust in Jersey, but they did trust them to run things on a day to day basis and presumably went along with their recommendations the vast majority of the time.

The treatment of and the blame placed firmly on the supporters by the press and the underlying PR work which elevated that @#/? to matryr status can surely not have been forgotten so quickly can it?........ not even in the deepest depths of the Blackburn / Darwen Ends?

My point exactly.

I absolutely cannot stand Agnew, Shaw, I'm not overly keen on mind.

Shebby gets my vote only because he isn't aligned with Agnew.....

Well said.

Doesn't mean that Shebby is supported, it just makes him less poisonous than the others.

Archived