BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest - match thread

I've heard of all of Millwalls players and Boro's, i could also tell you where most of them were signed from. I'm just well informed when it comes to football. You aren't.

Besides Mr Fickle. Lets look at your comments after the Cardiff game (the first game you attended this season).

You said "I'm cold, tired and depressed having just seen the worst Rovers team since the early 80's."

Olsson Mtn -I thought he played well defensively. which is rare

Dann&Hanley - the dumb and dumber of Ewood

Lowe - Worked really hard but can't pass the ball. League 1 standard.

Etuhu - what's the point

Markus Olsson - clueless. League 1 standard at best

Rhodes - Deceptively slow!

So answer me this Mr Well Informed. If you only went to your first game of the season against Cardiff and you thought that the players were as poor as above, why have you done a massive about turn and now think the team is better than everyone else in this league. Also how have you formed this opinion when you've obviously been watching highlights and the odd live game?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did we score three two games in a row with Black.
No but it's the first time we've had back to back wins since Black was in charge. Bowyer and Black the managerial dream team.

And Bowyer only took two games to get them.

What a great result, who would have thought Gary Bowyer would come in and inspire us to 3-1 and 3-0 wins after the week we've had? He really can't be praised highly enough, regardless of whether he gets it full time or not.

Funnily enough I didn't think we played that well today, I thought we played better against Birmingham in particular and even Millwall when we didn't get the results. Such is football I guess.

First half was ordinary, the first goal was a fluke even though Rochina earnt his huge slice of fortune with a surging run. Prior to that I thought the Spaniard was at the heart of anything good we did manage to produce, no-one else looked likely to create anything at all. I was mortified when he was withdrawn with fully half an hour to go but presumably that was down to injury. Accordingly after he was withdrawn I thought we lost all impetus for a while and it was a dour battle to cling on until we caught Forest on the break with a superb counter attack.

MGP who had come on on the "wrong side" as sub yet looked more up for it than in many a long while produced a superb run leading up to Rhodes instinctive finish from a near impossible angle. That lad is sheer gold. He can be starved of service and completely out of the game for 89 minutes but you still know he is capable of a moment of brilliance to swing the game at any time.

After that it was showboating and exhibition time and the move and finish leading up to CKR's third goal was the best I've seen at Ewood for a long time.

Negatives, we indulged in too many aimless high punts and bouts of head tennis instead of keeping the ball on the deck at times.

Positives:

1) Jake Kean. My mom. Turned the game on its head imo with an unbelievable reflex save with the score at 1-0. Also what a refreshing change to see a keeper indulge in what I would term some proper old school goalkeeping and actually catch crosses as opposed to the modern fad of flapping at crosses trying to puch them away. I've said for a couple of years that I was very impressed with Kean when I'd seen him for the reserves, much better imo than the likes of Fielding and arguably Bunn who were released. If he can keep this up, much as I like Robbo, he wouldn't be unduly missed.

2) Henley. best game for a while

3) Hanley and Dann. Rather more agricultural than we've seen up to now, not standing about on ceremony so much and seemingly not afraid to put in in row Z if needed. What's needed at times.

4) Rochina. Still a work in progress but an unbelieveable talent. Can receive the ball in a difficult position when we and the team are under pressure and 99% of players would either be forced to give the ball away or play an ordinary pass. He can somehow turn and squirm and wriggle and put us on the offensive again.

5) Wait for this one............. Pedersen ..............very good cameo.

6) Gary Bowyer. When CKR scored he ran over to greet Bowyer when he scored it wasn't just for show, there seemed to be real warmth between the two. The players seem to have taken to him and I would hate for him to be removed just to make way for a non entity like MacDonald or Peter Taylor. We might as well stick with our own coach as someone else's.

All in all a very good day. We need to add at least another couple of back to back wins to the two we've just got and let's see how things are looking.

I noticed that too it was almost immediate. I was lamenting the change too right when we scored. Did not know Rochina was injured but his withdrawal either demoralized us or lifted Forest.

Besides Mr Fickle. Lets look at your comments after the Cardiff game (the first game you attended this season).

You said "I'm cold, tired and depressed having just seen the worst Rovers team since the early 80's."

Olsson Mtn -I thought he played well defensively. which is rare

Dann&Hanley - the dumb and dumber of Ewood

Lowe - Worked really hard but can't pass the ball. League 1 standard.

Etuhu - what's the point

Markus Olsson - clueless. League 1 standard at best

Rhodes - Deceptively slow!

So answer me this Mr Well Informed. If you only went to your first game of the season against Cardiff and you thought that the players were as poor as above, why have you done a massive about turn and now think the team is better than everyone else in this league. Also how have you formed this opinion when you've obviously been watching highlights and the odd live game?

Jesus, you are a sad little man, trawling for trolling! etuhu is @#/?, so is Mrk Ollson. They didn'y play today did they?. Rhodes was awful against cardiff but he got no service, the guy is the best finisher in this league IF he gets the ball to his feet, or on his head. He's slow but deadly. Vuckevic and rochina are class but didn't play against cardiff (rochina was a late sub used in central mid). Dann and Handley ran round like idiots against cardiff, they didn't have a clue to pick up. Mainly cos Berg was tactically stupid. Hence the dumb and Dumber comments. Dann even tried to run out of defence with the ball like Bobby Moore at once point and gave the ball away fro them to score. Lowe's passing was awful against Cardiif, but he tried his heart out. Works much better with Murphy, who is apparently improving slowly. As is Lowe.

Robinson was also awful that game, kean played well today apparently. You also missed off that i thought Henley was terrific prospect and that King was excellent in the 2nd hal against cardiiff. How convenient. CKR also played well in 2nd half against Cardiiff after coming on as sub. he was on from the start today. Try comparing like with like.

So all in all the team that played cardiff was a lot different to the team that played today, both interms of personnel and tactics. It was 4--2-3-1 today by all accounts. Players need guidance. Berg couldn't do it. That's what you don't get.

I'll try and find my assessment of the players that you called 'complete rubbish'.

I've seen all the players enough to see they are good enough to get out of what is a poor league compared to the prem. Happy now?

Jesus, you are a sad little man, trawling for trolling! etuhu is @#/?, so is Mrk Ollson. They didn'y play today did they?.

One of them did !

Basically you have twice in the last week or so said this side is easily good enough to get promoted (and you called me a c o c k as well for disagreeing you sad little man).

Your post in the link below is what you posted after you went to your first game of the season less than a month ago (and said never again !). 8 of those 11 players featured today. You've done a massive about turn.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28122-blackburn-rovers-v-cardiff-city-7th-december-2012/page-24#entry1346538

Another good win, that gives us a lift going into the second half of the season. IF we get a good manager in and IF we buy the right players, we could still make the playoffs. By all accounts it wasn't a great performance, but at this stage it's all about results.

It's obvious that someone else is deciding that Givet, Robinson and Dunn are no longer being allowed to be picked.

No way attendance was that high - JW had 2,000, if that, 3,500 in DE (2,500 away), 3,000 in WS, probably 4,500/5,000 in BE
Our attendance the only one of the Championship clubs not declared on Sky Text.

Just an observation.

So according to Rovers (sorry Agspew) we were nearly 1/2 full.......pull the other or, it has chicken nuggets on it

That was Cryer from the Lancs Telegraph

Knock the 2000 tickets that have been created off the official figure and I think that would be near enough the attendance.

Went today and well chuffed with the 3 goals – and that previously elusive clean sheet!

Make no mistake, Forest were pretty clueless. But we took our chances and enjoyed some decent luck. About time too.

Kean – no worries with this guy between the sticks. Great handling and his point-blank save from Sharp saved our game

Henley – another good performance and bags of energy

Good Olsson – Did okay and nice to see him moving forward – shame it was in the 93rd minute!

Dann and the heed – never really troubled by two short-arses up front and looked largely in control – especially Hanley who looked up for it today

King – tried to create with bags and bags of speed

Murphy – absolute toilet. Three steps behind every move and rarely looked interested or confident

Lowe – thank god he was in centre mid. His energy and enthusiasm saved us on numerous occasions while Murphy was watching on

Kazim – good goal but not a winger.

Rochina – not one of his best games but put the Forest defenders in a spin more than a few times

Rhodes – model professional. Starved of service but never gave up on anything and got his reward

Pedersen – lots of purpose and enthusiasm – a welcome sight. Chased everything, going forward and back

Goodwillie – not on for long but good to see him back. At least we have another striker that we can call upon if desperate

COYB!

Well if someone like Taylor is given the job and he failes, then we should give the job to Bowyer on a permanent basis in the summer.

Just for a note, O Driscoll got Forest organised then win and then get sacked. McLeish comes in and almost loses it first game then loses 3-0 against a managerless Rovers side in turmoil.....cant be easy being the right coach at the moment. Bowyer is doing a marvellous job.

Went today and well chuffed with the 3 goals – and that previously elusive clean sheet!

Make no mistake, Forest were pretty clueless. But we took our chances and enjoyed some decent luck. About time too.

Kean – no worries with this guy between the sticks. Great handling and his point-blank save from Sharp saved our game

Henley – another good performance and bags of energy

Good Olsson – Did okay and nice to see him moving forward – shame it was in the 93rd minute!

Dann and the heed – never really troubled by two short-arses up front and looked largely in control – especially Hanley who looked up for it today

King – tried to create with bags and bags of speed

Murphy – absolute toilet. Three steps behind every move and rarely looked interested or confident

Lowe – thank god he was in centre mid. His energy and enthusiasm saved us on numerous occasions while Murphy was watching on

Kazim – good goal but not a winger.

Rochina – not one of his best games but put the Forest defenders in a spin more than a few times

Rhodes – model professional. Starved of service but never gave up on anything and got his reward

Pedersen – lots of purpose and enthusiasm – a welcome sight. Chased everything, going forward and back

Goodwillie – not on for long but good to see him back. At least we have another striker that we can call upon if desperate

COYB!

What did Lowe do today apart from running around doing little and passing the ball out of play.

One of them did!

Basically you have twice in the last week or so said this side is easily good enough to get promoted (and you called me a c o c k as well for disagreeing you sad little man).

Your post in the link below is what you posted after you went to your first game of the season less than a month ago (and said never again !). 8 of those 11 players featured today. You've done a massive about turn.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28122-blackburn-rovers-v-cardiff-city-7th-december-2012/page-24#entry1346538

Which one played today? Markus Ollson? Etuhu? You sure?

I'll say it again, cos you're not getting it. A GOOD MANAGER WOULD GET THAT TEAM PROMOTED (the one that played today)

THE PLAYERS UNDER BERG LOOKED SHYTE. CHECK THE RESULTS WHEN HE HASN'T BEEN MANAGER THIS YEAR. MY ASSESMENT WAS BASED ON THE MATCH I WATCHED.

THIS LEAGUE ISN'T VERY GOOD.

This is getting boring :xmas:

the c o c k was a joke hence the smiley. no offence intended.

I know it's been mentioned but the most pleasing thing for me today was the tackles coming in all over the pitch 2nd half, players covering each other and the back line looked like a defensive unit today. Adam Henley led by example. Poor first half but Forest sat back a bit and we tried to open them up by passing it slowly wide as usual very little penetration or pass and move. 2nd half they came forward more which played into our hands and job done.

I know it's been mentioned but the most pleasing thing for me today was the tackles coming in all over the pitch 2nd half, players covering each other and the back line looked like a defensive unit today. Adam Henley led by example. Poor first half but Forest sat back a bit and we tried to open them up by passing it slowly wide as usual very little penetration or pass and move. 2nd half they came forward more which played into our hands and job done.

Even Rochina was trying to tackle, quite novel really.

Which one played today? Markus Ollson? Etuhu? You sure?

Markus came on as a sub for King about 20 minutes from the end.

However I'll agree to disagree with you on the ability of the team and leave it there.

What did Lowe do today apart from running around doing little and passing the ball out of play.

He did loads.

One example: Murphy gives the ball to Forest in the second half and Lowe rescues us with a last-ditch tackle and takes a crack on the head from the Forest player.

He's not a world beater but at least he cares and I'd much rather watch him than Etuhu who'll cost us in the region of £6 million over the next four years!

Markus came on as a sub for King about 20 minutes from the end.

However I'll agree to disagree with you on the ability of the team and leave it there.

Blueboy3333 are near enough bang on in his assessment of those players he quotes. Just think the words deceptively slow for Jordan Rhodes isnt right but I see what hes implying..

Blueboy3333 are near enough bang on in his assessment of those players he quotes. Just think the words deceptively slow for Jordan Rhodes isnt right but I see what hes implying..

Re-read the whole thread JAL from a few pages back. You've got the wrong end of the stick.

He did loads.

One example: Murphy gives the ball to Forest in the second half and Lowe rescues us with a last-ditch tackle and takes a crack on the head from the Forest player.

He's not a world beater but at least he cares and I'd much rather watch him than Etuhu who'll cost us in the region of £6 million over the next four years!

What about when he collects the ball on 28 minutes and plays a pass across field to M.Olsson unchallenged and passes it straight out of play for Forest thrown in.

Throwing him self about is about is about the best we can hope for from Jason. Ineffective and definitely a player who gives Rovers no competitive advantage whats so ever.

Re-read the whole thread JAL from a few pages back. You've got the wrong end of the stick.

Only meant what hes quoted on saying about those players thats all.

Archived