BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest - match thread

What about when he collects the ball on 28 minutes and plays a pass across field to M.Olsson unchallenged and passes it straight out of play for Forest thrown in.

Throwing him self about is about is about the best we can hope for from Jason. Ineffective and definitely a player who gives Rovers no competitive advantage whats so ever.

Only meant what hes quoted on saying about those players thats all.

Yeah I agree with what he says about those players in that post.

I don't agree that the team that played today is definitely good enough to get promoted. There are too many weak links in it that need addressing this month,

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't agree that the team that played today is definitely good enough to get promoted. There are too many weak links in it that need addressing this month,

To right they arent good enough the league table doesnt lie.

really enjoy match and the players were excellent. show so much desire, passion and commitment to the club, themselves and the most important the fans.

Thought Bowyer team selection and subs were good.

Bowyer and co have done an excellent job so far.

Kaz, Hanley and Kean were outstanding.

Plus Rhodes does what he does best SCORES!!!

as usual the negatives outweigh the positives on this forum. players gave their all for this result. wether they are good enough doesnt really come in into play. we did well today (including lowe) and played as well as i have seen us play at home for a while. after the second goal we played with confidence. the full time whistle went and we clapped the team off with genuine applause. enjoy that instead of picking out the negatives

How long is it since we won 3 nil at home ? How long is it since 2/3 of the crowd stayed till the end and applauded them all off the field ? I can't remember either without looking it up :) Lets all just enjoy that win !

How long is it since we won 3 nil at home ? How long is it since 2/3 of the crowd stayed till the end and applauded them all off the field ? I can't remember either without looking it up :) Lets all just enjoy that win !

I think it was against Wolves at Ewood ...the week before Big Sam was sacked.

On the subject of the declared attendance figures ... this has been brought up at the Fans Forum ... and the answer is that the figure given is the number of tickets sold for the game ... not the number of people through the turnstiles. Apparently, every other club also uses this method.

What about when he collects the ball on 28 minutes and plays a pass across field to M.Olsson unchallenged and passes it straight out of play for Forest thrown in.

Holy **** a misplaced pass over 90minutes!? To the gallows with ye, Jason!

I know that you were so monumentally wrong about Jones, Olsson & Hoilett that you have to compensate in some way, but for once give it a rest.

I saw Gerrard do something similar just the other day. @#/? that Gerrard isn't he

Probably that game against Wolves under Sam.

To right they arent good enough the league table doesnt lie.

So when Kean had them top of the league, that was down to him being an excellent manager yea?

If Steve Kean can win 5 games out of 7 with this squad, it must be pretty decent......and we weren't "lucky" under him, you can't be over an extended period like that.

Hasta I think you are being a bit harsh on Rhodes about being slow.

Looking at that 1st half pretty much our midfield & defence is quite slow apart from maybe Olsson Mn, King & Henley the rest are very slow esp down our right hand side.

If we had a proper quick right winger you would change your mind that reminds me what has happened to Nunes/Vukcevic could have done with either on the right today.

The thing that stood out for me was that we actually pressed the ball rather than stand off them all the time and didn;t let Forest bully us (how on earth was their number 6 not sent off for kicking out? pretty sure the Laws state violent conduct is a straight red)

Jake Kean impressed me, quality save in the 2nd half, think he would of got to the one Murphy cleared off the line too, also some good interaction with the fans and wasn't afraid to dive at feet (as can be seen in the pic on his twitter), one day he could be a very good keeper.

I think Lowe has some potential as a Savage type player, he certainly isn't as bad as many on here make out.

Sad to see King go, think he could also do a job for us, espaecially this season given we don't have ANY wingers at all

• Backroom

The players seemed to be behind bowyer but the thought crossed my mind that they were a group of players relaxed and just going out to play football in their own way without a rigid gameplan

Once a manager is installed and they are told how to play to the managers taste we may see it all go out of the window

That surely is what good players look like when they are enjoying their game. How many times did CKR say on Radio rovers that they were enjoying it, training especially. he kept saying It's fun. No point in playing football if it's not fun at all.

I've only read the last two pages, so don't know if they're representative of all/majority of opinions, but until Rochina scored that first, very fortunate goal in the second half, we and the game as a whole were/was pretty grim. Rovers players looked lethargic and certainly not up for anything. Passing was poor as we consistently played poor passes infield. We had no tempo and the lads looked frightened and apprehensive.

The goal changed all that. Rovers stepped their game up a little and for the first time in a while looked up for it. Deserved the win at the final whistle, but in my mind the scoreline flattered us a little.

Think the bottom line was that we played well in the second half, which always tends to hide the match as a whole. However, that second half, which wasn't exactly brilliant, was a pointer that maybe we can start to move forwards now. It was something we can build on.

The thing that stood out for me was that we actually pressed the ball rather than stand off them all the time and didn;t let Forest bully us (how on earth was their number 6 not sent off for kicking out? pretty sure the Laws state violent conduct is a straight red)

Jake Kean impressed me, quality save in the 2nd half, think he would of got to the one Murphy cleared off the line too, also some good interaction with the fans and wasn't afraid to dive at feet (as can be seen in the pic on his twitter), one day he could be a very good keeper.

I think Lowe has some potential as a Savage type player, he certainly isn't as bad as many on here make out.

Sad to see King go, think he could also do a job for us, espaecially this season given we don't have ANY wingers at all

King has agreed to make his move to Rovers permanent! Great news!

He did loads.

One example: Murphy gives the ball to Forest in the second half and Lowe rescues us with a last-ditch tackle and takes a crack on the head from the Forest player.

He's not a world beater but at least he cares and I'd much rather watch him than Etuhu who'll cost us in the region of £6 million over the next four years!

Wasn't it Murphy who recommended Euthu. He should be sentenced to jail for that and dismissed :)

Sometimes wonder which people here are supporters or gloryhunters from the 90s

It is on LT as breaking news. 2 1/2 yr deal.

On Lowe, if he is allowed to do the savage role, he will do just fine. Needs to continue to break up play and give it to the play maker.

Reason for shaky play until we scored is the awful home record and a complete lack of confidence. Once the first went in, it was like a weight had been lifted and players started to look for the ball and space.

we seem to play better with a higher line. everytime we push up we look far more dangerous but we tend to drop deep sometimes and that is when we look disfunctional. i think bowyer recognised this and told the defense to play a higher line in the 2nd half. for the first time this season we outplayed someone at home

kean - 8 - vital save that could have changed the game

olsson - 7 - looked a little more like his old self

hanley - 9 - mom. brilliant display

dann -8 - looked comfortable

henley - 7 - wish he would get forward more but this lad is one for the future. did well for ckr's goal

king - 7 - has pace

murphy - 7 - brilliant header off the line. passed it well

lowe - 7 - tireless

ckr - 8 - dangerous

rochina - 7 - some nice skills

rhodes - 7 - quiet as usual but come up with a very nice goal

Jal The move you referred to with Lowe was easily misread. It was sensible for Lowe to play the ball in front of olsson and it was olson who failed to anticipate the move.

Sorry Riverside disagree, Lowe put too much weight on that pass, with this he took the team from an attacking opportunity to being unecessarily on the back foot thankfully though Forest had nothing in their side to trouble us.

You have to ask do Rovers want promotion this season or next at the very least ?

If so then why are they plugging Jason Lowe so much when hes struggling to keep his head above water in this league.

Archived