BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Question for those attending today

If you we're on the game today, how do you think your support for Venkys will affect the club in the long term?

They currently own a football club but without any fans they simply own some buildings and employ people to play football.

Surely going to games gives the owners the legitimacy they require to continue and that means the clubs league position and finances will continue to deteriorate.

Venkys and their mate Shabby are taking you for fools and laughing into their sleeves.

Anyway up the Rovers eh?

As a member of Rovers Trust Steering Group it's clear what my views are. However my son cannot attend games without me and there is no one or thing which will stop me taking him to Ewood.

Outside of this I will continue to do all I can to see the club returned to us, the fans, and to be run in a manner acceptable to us all.

Christ, people looking down on folk for attending is such a bore. Paul, i wouldn't have bothered justifying yourself again to people like this. I didn't go today due to my wife working, if she hadn't of been i would have attended. What of it?

If you we're on the game today, how do you think your support for Venkys will affect the club in the long term?

They currently own a football club but without any fans they simply own some buildings and employ people to play football.

Surely going to games gives the owners the legitimacy they require to continue and that means the clubs league position and finances will continue to deteriorate.

Venkys and their mate Shabby are taking you for fools and laughing into their sleeves.

Anyway up the Rovers eh?

Due to work and the fact I do not live in the area, I did not attend today.

But if I was not working and lived in the area. I would most probable have gone to the match.

Attending the match is supporting the club not venkys. which will be here long after venkys have gone. I do not give a dam if venkys go bust. But I do if the club goes bust.

There are still folk working at ewood park, who do not deserve folk like you putting their jobs at risk.

The supporters who went today saw a 3 0 victory.

I went. i did not have a season ticket at the start of the season. I bought one when Kean left because I said I would and I try to keep my word. I'm not supporting Venkys. If they make another stupid appointment who lies to fans and treats us with the lack of respect that Kean did then I'll probably stop going again. But guess what? Today for the first time since Venkys took over i saw a performance I enjoyed from players who looked like they trained together and I heard a "manager" and a player give a straightforward post match interview that was not about him but about the team and the fans. It reminded me of what it could be like even under Venkys if everyone at the club ignored them, put their egos behind them and got on with their jobs. I enjoyed it and I won't apologise for that.

I went. i did not have a season ticket at the start of the season. I bought one when Kean left because I said I would and I try to keep my word. I'm not supporting Venkys. If they make another stupid appointment who lies to fans and treats us with the lack of respect that Kean did then I'll probably stop going again. But guess what? today for the first time since Venkys took over i saw a performance I enjoyed form players who looked like they trained together and I heard a "manager" and a player give a straightforward post match interview that was not about him but about the team and the fans. It reminded me of what it could be like even under Venkys if everyone at the club ignored them, put their egos behind them and got on with their jobs. I enjoyed it and I won't apologise for that.

+ 1 trillion. Not that i was there! But that is the very least a fan should expect.

It reminded me of what it could be like even under Venkys if everyone at the club ignored them, put their egos behind them and got on with their jobs. I enjoyed it and I won't apologise for that.

Great post. I liked this bit the best. :tu:

Just what the hell ishappening - asking people on a football clubs fans message to justify attendance at a game

The worlds gone mad

Keyboard warriors are a fooking menace

Well said¬

is this thread for f****ng real!!

@#/? off to Burnley

As supporters who need to be sticking together more than ever, I'm not sure what this thread is meant to achieve. I know many people who aren't going anymore and I respect and understand their stance and reasons for doing so. I also know people who still, like myself, go to the games. There is a world of difference between supporting the team and club yet having serious misgivings about the owners - going doesn't necessarily mean you like what is going on off the pitch. I just choose to do things the way I think is right, just like everyone else has the right to as well without people condemning you for it.

As for the game, it was great to see us win 3-0 and see the players looking pumped up about it at the end!

Anyway up the Rovers eh?

My ticket was £15, Rovers (Venkys) are losing £500,000 per week. Do the maths yourself @#/?.

My attendance has no effect on Venkys pocket at all. The sooner the penny drops the better.

I did support my team though!

Anyway up the Rovers eh?

Disgraceful post.

I didn't attend the match today for personal reasons but will be at the next one and I don't expect anyone to question my motives for doing so.

I was here before Venky's arrived, and god willing, I will still be here long after they have gone.

Loud and clear Den .they are definitly revelevent when in two years theyve quickly destroyed the fan base and peoples passion. Its not like going to rovers anymore.

But the point is that yesterday it almost was. We saw again why Utd and others can hate their owners and still support the club. If we could have more days like yesterday it would help us forget the utter shambles that is the rest of the club. Not close our eyes to it or stop being concerned about it but putting it to one side for a while and enjoying our football.

that's because we've almost forgotten what winning feels like. How long is it since, on the back of an away win, we not only won at home but looked and felt good doing it. How long is it since we were the team looking stronger at the end of the game? People weren't there to make an atmosphere because the club hasn't given us anything to celebrate but that will return if we keep winning and drawing more than we lose. even without the bigger crowds we used to get the atmosphere can be good if we go to a match with anticipation rater than dread, if we can know that we stand as much chance as the opposition of scoring the first goal and if we feel that even if we go a goal down heads won't drop and players won't feel already beaten. it's been 2 years of misery - it's not going to change in one afternoon, but it can change if we can keep doing what we're doing now. Bowyer's post match was for me the highlight of the afternoon. No lies, no evasion, no positive spin, because he didn't need it. we could all see that the players, on this occasion, were playing as they can. Not saying that it will stay like this. One decent performance, as we've seen before, doesn't change everything, but yesterday it felt different too.

I am a supporter, not a spectator. Venky's are very relevant to me when they're destroying a club who are very dear to my heart.

* sorry Glenn :)

I rationalise it the same way I don't let the Tories' approach to tax, education and the NHS drive me to emigrate. I can't influence Tory policy as i cant influence Venky's. if I thought my actions would result in them changing their ways, I would, but for now I don't want the club to suffer any more than it already is.

Archived