BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New kit supplier

Gumbi

If they thought why bother making a kit for rovers there a lower league team just use a template, do you think other lower league teams would choose Nike? So if you consider the contracts of all the lower league teams it will have an impact.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the lower league teams with Nike have their kit deal with the Just Sport Group who supply Nike templates and Avec kits. Even Everton don't have a deal with Nike as their kits are Nike template kits supplied by Kitbag. Judging by the press release when the Nike deal was announced we are having our kits supplied by Nike UK and not Just Sport.

Slightly off topic but a good reminder to those few who would welcome a BRFC crest redesign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22679092

Worth remembering that if nothing else we've got a great, traditional and unique kit (no one else in England even have halves) and the same goes for the fantastic club crest.

(Leave well alone V**ky's)

Guest Norbert

That Everton badge is not that good at all. It is still recognisable as Everton, but it will look dated pretty soon. Sort of like the different fonts and layouts used in FM over the years, it may look quite slick, but in 5 years time that font will be 'so last decade'. It's quite hard for a non-design expert like me to put into words.

Still it is better than the Fulham badge.

I'm pretty sure that the reason why teams change their badge every so often is that they only have a 25 year copyright on them, so after that time anyone would be able to use it on their own merchandise etc.

That said, the everton one is crap!

That Everton badge is not that good at all. It is still recognisable as Everton, but it will look dated pretty soon. Sort of like the different fonts and layouts used in FM over the years, it may look quite slick, but in 5 years time that font will be 'so last decade'. It's quite hard for a non-design expert like me to put into words.

Still it is better than the Fulham badge.

Yeah but don't forget Fulham have got a great statue outside their ground.

• Backroom

I imagine the Probiz deal has been extended

I only say this as on the season ticket advert the Umbro badges have been removed from the kit yet Probiz still features

I for one am very interested to see what design Nike come up with, i'd like to think that they would go for a new design (I love what Adidas has been doing with the Middlesborough kits) but with us being a championship side there is little chance.

I really like their take on the England kits, including the away. lets hope they do a black and red away kit.

i'm hoping our shirt has the blue/white halves on opposite sides this time around

also, that cardiff kit is awful, will only sell because of the optional premier league logo on the sleeve

• 2 weeks later...

The home shirt is coming out before the end of this month. I would assume it will be revealed this week, possibly the same day as the fixtures are released, with a release date of either the 27th or the 28th.

Archived