SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New kit supplier

Gumbi

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

I agree with the concensus, it does look like a 70's West Germany kit. Perhaps we're that desperate for success we are hoping the new shirt magically turns us into winners. If so, the new away kit will be yellow with blue shorts.

Sadly Umbro hasn't been English owned since 2007 and I believe that contrary to common belief our best selling away shirt of recent times wasn't the red and black halves, it was in fact the all-white one.

Perhaps their logo is on there to get people excited so they go rushing to the club shop to order one :)

The nike proposal image looks quite good (apart from the sponsor) , looks like its halved sleeves as well so possibly the halves on the back might be the right way round.

Edit: on closer inspection looks like the halves are still wrong way round on the back

Sadly Umbro hasn't been English owned since 2007 and I believe that contrary to common belief our best selling away shirt of recent times wasn't the red and black halves, it was in fact the all-white one.

Are there any British sports companies left now?,I know Reebok are owned by Germans (Adidas). Like everything else we've sold them all to foreigners. :(

Surely venkys aren't stupid enough to put their name on the shirt!

I think there'd be a record for least shirts sold in a season for a club if that was the case.

Guest Norbert

I seriously doubt any shirts will be sold at all if Venky's put their own name on it. It wouldn't even be worth buying it to add 'Out' to the bootom in marker pen.

I seriously doubt any shirts will be sold at all if Venky's put their own name on it. It wouldn't even be worth buying it to add 'Out' to the bootom in marker pen.

Instead of having numbers printed on the back they could offer the word OUT on the front. They'd sell a kean load!

I like the nike mockup but I would love the collar to be red ala 2 seasons ago. That shirt without the sponsor was the best design since the old perspex kit. Also my favourite away shirts were the thick black/thin red stripes and also remember the old yellow away shirt with blue trim, that one. Bring back the yellow kit I say.

Guest Norbert

That's better!

You'd think they'd avoid doing that, but then again they are a bunch of utter morons. It makes you wonder how the hell their other businesses are still afloat.

kit_zpsad44f50a.jpg

brilliant ! .... where can i buy one?

Guest Norbert

I thought the white away kit was just a bit half hearted and dull. My favourites are the black and red halves, and the black with red pin stripes worn in the 1994/95 season.

I like that nike effort, would ironically be the first time in our history to play in complete halves (Sleeves in the same colour as respective side). In fact our kit is techincally 'quartered' -> blue sleeve, white half, blue half, white sleeve.

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Blackburn_Rovers/Blackburn_Rovers.htm

Archived