BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New kit supplier

Gumbi

• Backroom

Absolutely love the new USA shirt from Nike and brazil and others have followed the same template as Nike tend to do

USA1001.jpg

Give me that in blue and white halves with red detail and ill be one happy customer

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I don't think anyone has set this up as such, Umbro were a company of Nike anyway i think?

Sure Umbro have been sold on and Nike are taking up the supply of technical gear for football teams previously working with Umbro.

England kits also following this trend...

Correct. Nike own Umbro, and a few formerly Umbro sponsored kits are now going to be done by Nike- England, Citeh and now us.

Guest Norbert

Couldn't give a crap which faceless, mass market multinational makes our kit as long as the shirt looks good. It all comes from the same Chinese sweatshop anyway.

If its in the same style as Galatasarays current Nike shirt then I'd be very happy, that template could make a blue and white masterpiece :D

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-galatasaray-home-shirt-2012-2013-377778

Fully agree with that opinion. Any computer experts out there to oblige with a mock up?

If its in the same style as Galatasarays current Nike shirt then I'd be very happy, that template could make a blue and white masterpiece :D

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-galatasaray-home-shirt-2012-2013-377778

Not sure about the two-colour collar but could be persuaded.

Definitely not pleased with the back!

Why do people always knock the club even on the small things? Its just a continuation??

No its a new deal that lasts for 3 years!

Would the original contract not have been with Nike anyway , on behalf of its subsidiary company Umbro? So in effect its an extension in all but name as its taking over an existing contract due to the sale of a subsidiary company as is the contract for the England shirts. Granted the people at the club must be given credit for getting the paperwork done and back in time but lets not go overboard in thinking that they went out and negotiated this deal with Nike whilst fighting off Adidas, Puma etc.

Now lets see if Nike can get the four quarters of the shirt in the right order

Pretty sure the original Umbro contract was until 2016 so Nike are simply continuing it as they are doing with other teams who had Umbro

correct, Umbro had a deal until 2016

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/new-sponsor-for-blackburn-rovers_10015

Not knocking the club at all but surely no hard work was done to reach an agreement with Nike if it was already in place?

I can't see that the sale of Umbro by Nike rendered the currect deal null and void.

Archived