BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kazim Richards

Pedro

Can't understand that. Surely they got a loan fee for ckr of about 400k when we took him and we are paying most of his wages atm. We must have declined on signing him permanant in July for a fee what was going to be more than a million.

Strange...

he is only 26 so 4 and a half year deal if on low wages is quite shrewd, if he plays well and picks up form, sorts his attitude out then you never know one of the big boys might just pay a pretty penny to take him off us in a few years.plus he doesnt get into his prime for atleast 2 years

he is only 26 so 4 and a half year deal if on low wages is quite shrewd, if he plays well and picks up form, sorts his attitude out then you never know one of the big boys might just pay a pretty penny to take him off us in a few years.plus he doesnt get into his prime for atleast 2 years

Fair enough if its on low wages as I really rate the guy. I don't imagine he's the sort of person who will take a contract cheaply though and if in the probably unlikely event we go up, can he cut the mustard in the Premiership?.

Conversely if we go down next season we could be stuck with another high earner which can be fatal (see Portsmouth). I really think the club shouldn't be handing out long term contracts willy nilly when we are in such a pivotal position that anything could happen in the next year or so. 2 year deal at the very most imo

Depends on your definition of low wages - I saw an article mentioning £23k - which may be relatively low for the Premiership - but would be a high wage given our income in the Championship.

Kazim is a Marmite player. You either like him or you don't. Yes he can sulk but he is also a big strong lad with pace and ball control. He is a bully and frightens defenders by running at them, particularly down the middle. We have nobody else who can do that.

I exclude Best who I don't remember ever seeing play but when will he return and what will he be like when he returns? Remember Matt Jansen?

You can't really compare Jansens injury with Bests.

I said that in an earlier quote but my point is that you never know how a bad injury affects a player, particularly a cruciate.

Archived