BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cryer - Leaving LET

Baz

Havent seen this discussed anywhere else, but Andy Cryer is leaving the LET in a couple of months to join the BBC.

Id like to wish him well for his efforts and for sticking up for the fans in the past couple of years. He has come on leaps and bounds in that period in my opinion.

It would be great if the job went to a local Rovers fan. Kamy would be ideal in my view.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, good luck to Andy and thanks for the support.

On the other, he never really fully committed, let alone turn the screw, after the "Time to go, Steve" front page.

Wonder if 'crime reporter' Chris Flannagan will step into the breach?

• Backroom

Id imagine its his bold headline articles over the last 12 months that have brought him to the attention of the bbc, personally think he's been too fickle at times and he loves to play devils advocate with his twitter messeges.

Perfect for 'beeb balance'.

But good luck to him nonetheless. Wouldn't mind Dan Clough being promoted (is it dcbrfc?) internally. Or Kamy ofc.

Perfect for 'beeb balance'.

But good luck to him nonetheless. Wouldn't mind Dan Clough being promoted (is it dcbrfc?) internally. Or Kamy ofc.

Yeah Dan would get my vote. Does Kamy write for the LT?

Really cant stand Dan Cloughs scribblings, he's total opposite too Cryer in that he's way too biased and borderline unprofessional at times, the rubbish he posts on twitter(via his LT account) is like that of a 13 year old football supporter.

My vote goes to Shebby Singh(football pundit extraordinaire).

Really cant stand Dan Cloughs scribblings, he's total opposite too Cryer in that he's way too biased and borderline unprofessional at times, the rubbish he posts on twitter(via his LT account) is like that of a 13 year old football supporter.

There's a difference between blogging and reporting though.

Anyway, surely we can't pass any comment on how he might do until he's been given the job? ;)

• Backroom

Cryer never seemed to have the best sources and was constrained somewhat by the limits the LT imposed upon him. A thoroughly likeable bloke though and a decent journalist. Good luck to him, I think he'll fit in well at the BBC.

• Backroom

Reckon we could do with some bias after all we've put up with.

If you look at Clough's reports in the front of the LET he's as good as any other typical journo imo. Reckon he could deserve a shot at focusing his skill on his passion for rovers.

Havent seen this discussed anywhere else, but Andy Cryer is leaving the LET in a couple of months to join the BBC.

Id like to wish him well for his efforts and for sticking up for the fans in the past couple of years. He has come on leaps and bounds in that period in my opinion.

It would be great if the job went to a local Rovers fan. Kamy would be ideal in my view.

Whats he going to be doing at the Beeb exactly? Anyone know?

Reckon we could do with some bias after all we've put up with.

If you look at Clough's reports in the front of the LET he's as good as any other typical journo imo. Reckon he could deserve a shot at focusing his skill on his passion for rovers.

Having an unashamedly biased writer is pointless, you may as well give Chaddy the job!(hang on thats a thought :) !!!)

Eh?

Blogging is huge and widely respected in the right circles. If we are talking about serious issues or issues close to peoples hearts (like their football clubs) then blogging is just as big for the computer literate.

Anybody serious about journalism as a profession in the modern day would make better use of their blog.

Blogging is huge and widely respected in the right circles. If we are talking about serious issues or issues close to peoples hearts (like their football clubs) then blogging is just as big for the computer literate.

Anybody serious about journalism as a profession in the modern day would make better use of their blog.

I seriously think you do Dan Clough a disservice with your pomposity.

His blogs are his opinion and there is much more latitude with style, and can be much more partisan; his newspaper articles are professional and stand up to scrutiny.

I'm not sure why I bother entering into debates with you though, Braddock, they only ever end one way.

Archived