BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still buzzing about yesterday amazing what a top performance from the team ,milwall away bring it on . its about time all rovers fans had something to buzz about life is sweet at the moment good to see on here too rovers fans getting up beat about our team may it contiue, hull here we come

5 hours detention should help you learn to use punctuation and capitals where necessary.

Only joking! I know you were on one of those £10 mobiles like mine. ;) Which is also why I NEVER EVER do texting. Seriously!!

Good observation that. I think it's by far the best approach to this division.

Although to be pedantic for a second - Rekik isn't English.

To be even more pedantic, whilst Rekik isn't English, he wasn't on the pitch either.

On the chat about preparation and pro-zone, I don't know if it's been posted earlier, but there was an article in Saturday's Independent about how Rovers' scouting team prepare for a game - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/when-strangers-meet-the-scouts-and-analysts-become-more-vital-still-8497582.html?origin=internalSearch

The amount of detail was impressive, having Arsenal watched for several games and Rob Page, First Team Opposition Analyst, preparing a 10 minute video with 4 minutes on Arsenal in possession, 4 on them without possession and 2 on their set pieces. This is reviewed by Head of Performance analysis Paul Brand and Ashley Westwood and then shown to the players the night before the game. This is apparently standard procedure in the Championship too. Rovers were used as an example and it may be that every Championship team does the same - I have no idea.

Monday morning woke up, checked the paper. Same result. Not dreaming for two days. Now officially designted a heritage event in my life. Today will be spent bumping into American Arse fans and phoning the Football show on Sirius Satellite Radio.

:rover:

players who played in both saturday's team and the one which got thumped 7-1 last time we were there:

BR: martin olsson, dann, peds, hanley (sub prev game), orr (sub prev game)

AR: Szcenzny, vermalen, koscielny, rosicky, ox, coquelin, walcott (sub)

who didnt play for arsenal... RVP

Onwards and upwards, amazing the difference a manager who appears to have a clue and a few weeks in control can make

Monday morning woke up, checked the paper. Same result. Not dreaming for two days. Now officially designted a heritage event in my life. Today will be spent bumping into American Arse fans and phoning the Football show on Sirius Satellite Radio.

Might go against the grain and all the euphoria on here but I'd still rather have let Arsenal have Brightons two penalties.

I understand your sentiments gordon but it didn't happen so we might as well live in the moment and enjoy the success we DID have.

Exactly. The Brighton results were annoying, especially at home, but did not detract from the performances and we took confidence from both. No point crying over spilt milk and clearly the players have put any disappointments behind them. Onwards and upwards, I remain quietly confident for Hull away.

Exactly. The Brighton results were annoying, especially at home, but did not detract from the performances and we took confidence from both. No point crying over spilt milk and clearly the players have put any disappointments behind them. Onwards and upwards, I remain quietly confident for Hull away.

Even after the Lord Mayors show? Best I can manage is 'cautiously optimistic'.

Even after the Lord Mayors show? Best I can manage is 'cautiously optimistic'.

Arsenal was only a warm up, the Lord Mayors show will be at Wembley! (once, twice or thrice I'm not too sure!)

Cautiously optimistic should manage once! :-), ;-)

Guest Norbert

I bet the Bayern management and players are sharpening their knives after seeing that. Imagine if it was Man Utd they were playing, or a team managed by Clough? Wenger would be some sort of jelly by kick off with all the digs and mind games.

Archived