BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

Yea a whole team-full. But have had a whole pre-season and season for the manager to gradually implement his style. From memory, they were mid-table, eventually made it into the playoffs, and are now challenging for automatic promotion. Swansea had similar players but Sousa and Martinez had started that philosophy in the lower leagues.

Next year, if we're still here, players of that ilk could prove very useful, like Taarabt proved, and Rochina in glimpses, but under Appleton, the best way to go has been making us hard to beat and using an 8 million pound striker to try and nick a goal.

Real managers sort the defence out first, then add things like flair at a later date.

+ at least 10.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea a whole team-full. But have had a whole pre-season and season for the manager to gradually implement his style. From memory, they were mid-table, eventually made it into the playoffs, and are now challenging for automatic promotion. Swansea had similar players but Sousa and Martinez had started that philosophy in the lower leagues.

Next year, if we're still here, players of that ilk could prove very useful, like Taarabt proved, and Rochina in glimpses, but under Appleton, the best way to go has been making us hard to beat and using an 8 million pound striker to try and nick a goal.

Real managers sort the defence out first, then add things like flair at a later date.

But did not their manager take off to the Dingles part way through the campaign.

Drury's a terrible commentator who desperately tries to coin as many retarded soundbites as possible.

Agree with this, it was worse when Henry was in his pomp, whenever he was through on goal he would moan "Henryyyyyyy" for about 8 seconds then had a mini orgasm when inevitably the net rippled. Gets right on my wick. Did it yesterday when Gervinho was "onsiiiiiiiiiiiide" (albeit to a lesser extent).

Fantastic result for the players and the manager. Appleton has really sorted the defence out. Crucial.

The only downside is the thought of the b@st@rd Indians dining out on this. Other than that, the confidence it will provide to the players could be huge at the business end of the season.

i was really impressed with the whole work rate of the team in defending, its great to see again after the past few years. the one bit that caught my eye was i think the 88th min when arteta rifled into the side netting, there were 4 players on the line behind kean and peds closing him down. love it!

Agree with this, it was worse when Henry was in his pomp, whenever he was through on goal he would moan "Henryyyyyyy" for about 8 seconds then had a mini orgasm when inevitably the net rippled. Gets right on my wick. Did it yesterday when Gervinho was "onsiiiiiiiiiiiide" (albeit to a lesser extent).

Just heard him on the FA Cup Intro:

"HISTORY HYSTERIA!"

What does that even mean!?

Fascinating; that shows how clued-up 'Appy is! Very impressive.

Looks like Prozone > I think Hughes was the first one to use it at Rovers and I seem to remember a rumour about it finding Friedel had covered more miles than an outfield player during a match.

Big Sam uses it a lot and I can remember reading he was one of the early pioneers of it at Bolton after seeing it being used in American Football.

Although it looks like the manager in this clip may have been sold a dodgy copy >

http://www.prozonesports.com/news-article-feature-video-blackburn-rovers-fc-usage-of-prozone.html

Looks like Prozone > I think Hughes was the first one to use it at Rovers and I seem to remember a rumour about it finding Friedel had covered more miles than an outfield player during a match.

Big Sam uses it a lot and I can remember reading he was one of the early pioneers of it at Bolton after seeing it being used in American Football.

Although it looks like the manager in this clip may have been sold a dodgy copy >

http://www.prozonesports.com/news-article-feature-video-blackburn-rovers-fc-usage-of-prozone.html

There is no manager in that clip,

nearly trashed the laptop near the end,

would have had to send you the bill dannydisco

Archived