BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn Rovers gave me some pride back yesterday after two years of negativity and disappointment. The commitment shown by the players was terrific and whilst I still feel that some of them aren't good enough that level of effort might just get us into the top six. I spoke to several players at the train station after the game and they seemed to be pretty grounded and thinking about Hull on Tuesday. I'm convinced this is the managers influence.

I recorded the game specfically to be able to go back and study how rovers went about their game. However after watching the game I chewed my finger nails down to the elbows in the last 5 minutes then let the euphoria take over. Anyway once I settled down and watched a few more clips it's obvious that this team has been efficiently reorganised and that is obviously down to Appleton. I see no reason why we don't have a good chance of making the playoffs especially if as I've said previously they continue to improve, which I am convinced they will.

It's no coincidence that Singh appears to have left the building,lets hope its for good.

They don't even know what players we use so no wonder they got the result wrong.

I hope you've gone on the site Plastics and pasted in the live text of what actually happened.

It's from the "Introduce Yourself" section of this mb. And you can't reply on the thread - which is probably as well for them'

I doubt we'll hear from them ever again. I mean, who would continue to make one cringe-worthy post after another - regardless of the feedback?

It's from the "Introduce Yourself" section of this mb. And you can't reply on the thread - which is probably as well for them'

I doubt we'll hear from them ever again. I mean, who would continue to make one cringe-worthy post after another - regardless of the feedback?

Only the very egotistical.

Although Arsenal dominated possession they only actually had 7 shots on target and Kean made 1 great save and a few routine ones. For that Arsenal bloke on the last page to claim they were unlucky is missing the point as our game plan worked and their's didn't so it is a fair argument that we deserved to win. We were never going to try and out pass them so instead we basically defended with at least 6 across the back and kept them out of our area which worked perfectly. Our centre backs and centre midfield were superb I thought. We never managed to keep hold of the ball in the first half but we were much better in second and began to look dangerous when we broke away. All in all it was the perfect performance from any team playing a more gifted team away from home. Similar to Chelsea against Barca and Bayern last season really.

Although Arsenal dominated possession they only actually had 7 shots on target and Kean made 1 great save and a few routine ones. For that Arsenal bloke on the last page to claim they were unlucky is missing the point as our game plan worked and their's didn't so it is a fair argument that we deserved to win. We were never going to try and out pass them so instead we basically defended with at least 6 across the back and kept them out of our area which worked perfectly. Our centre backs and centre midfield were superb I thought. We never managed to keep hold of the ball in the first half but we were much better in second and began to look dangerous when we broke away. All in all it was the perfect performance from any team playing a more gifted team away from home. Similar to Chelsea against Barca and Bayern last season really.

And there was Keans problem, trying to outplay superior sides without a gameplan, as well as being totally inept!

Irony I presume?

I told him what he wanted to hear.

don't think irony is the right word, this is braddsticks after all.

Anyway back to the game, was it a bigger game for us or arse?

It could spell the end for the venger boy

Interesting thought. It could be huge for both teams. Part of a collection of games that become a catalyst for us and possibly an acceleration of the end for Wenger. On the other hand, it could be neither.

:rock:

Just watched the highlights. That looked a different Rovers out there. Plenty of determination for once and players actually working for each other. It's been a while since that's happened. We rode our luck, ( if Arteta had played the ball across our 6 yard box instead of going for personal glory at the death there was a tap in waiting for an Arsenal player ) at times but to win there to nil you need a bit of luck. Really made my day Yesterday. Probably the best I've felt since we beat Wolves to stay in the Prem.

The Arteta incident sums up Arsenal for me at the moment, too many players playing for themselves and not the team.

I was staggered to see that the BBC Sport website gave us as much as 46% Possession. Radio 5 made it sound as though we were really under the cosh for virtually all the game - I thought the possession stats would be something like 60 - 40.

Weird that. The Guardian had it 71:29 to Arsenal.

Still hasn't really sunk in yet, brilliant result and nice to see the players playing for each other again. Things are definitely looking up! Does anyone know what time the era w is today and what channel it's on? Hoping for millwall/Barnsley but a big prem club at Ewood could be good too, would be amazing to have a buzzing Ewood again!

Archived