BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

Just on the train back from the Smoke after watching a thoroughly professional away performance by us at The Emirates.

Yes we rode our luck a little at times but I cannot stress enough to those that didn't manage to make it how well we defended as a team. How together the team were and always looked like nicking a goal at the other end and so it proved.

I feel the pride is coming back. TF.

Get an early dart on Tuesday everybody and get to Hull.

Chuffed to bits.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on the train back from the Smoke after watching a thoroughly professional away performance by us at The Emirates.

Yes we rode our luck a little at times but I cannot stress enough to those that didn't manage to make it how well we defended as a team. How together the team were and always looked like nicking a goal at the other end and so it proved.

I feel the pride is coming back. TF.

Get an early dart on Tuesday everybody and get to Hull.

Chuffed to bits.

Well done to you and the other 1,400. BBC news are showing the goal again, Blues Bar went mad!!

Outstanding effort and result, it's simply amazing what Appleton has managed to do with this team in such a short time.

This makes for some entertaining reading, by the way:

http://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24127&start=390

Amazing how easily fans resort to the defence mechanism of - "it's the player's fault". Suddenly it has nothing to do with the manager's selection policy or tactical nous.

Wow, I think all us Rovers fans deserved a result like this after all we've endured in the last two years. Also well done to the fans who went and kept the faith - I bottled it expecting a mauling!

Mightily impressed by Appleton's tightening up of the defense. just two pens conceded in teh past six games is very good. Keep clean sheets and good things will follow :)

i didnt know we had scored until the 85th min,, i went for a tinkle, came back to watch the stream and the score board thing was gone, but the commentator said arsenal still havent broke through so i was like nice still 0-0 take this back for a home replay lads!!

then 85th min the score thing come back up and it said 0-1 i was like surley thats a mistake..soon relalised it wasent,, went keaning bonkers!!

Just got back from the Emirates. Our end went ballistic when Kazim scored, I dont think any of us had seriously thought about winning the game.

Kean, Orr, Hanley, Dann and Martin were immense. Williamson was impressive and Kazim held it up as well as anyone could. We did ride our luck to an extent but Arsenal just ran out of ideas. Apart from Gervinho's miss they had very few clear cut chances. It was a fantastic performance from us.

The fans were great today. That's probably the best away day I've ever been to. The noise when we scored and at the final whistle was crazy. Great to see the club getting back on its feet. PROUD.

I know I've posted a lot on this thread in the last few minutes but the last time I remember feeling this chuffed was 38 years and 2 days ago [Rovers 5, Plymouth Argyle 2]!!

That was great but what about beating Crystal Palace 5-4 at Ewood; the early years of the Prem; Millenium stadium, Cardiff?

But, yes, I'm chuffed with today's result.

That's great, bypass06.

Is Williamson the battler we've been missing since Jermaine Jones? Obviously I'm not expecting him to be at that level but it sounds like he's not scared to do the dirty work in the middle of the park.

I only saw the second half on TV but he seemed to put himself about a bit. I think everyone played their socks off today.

MOM? The whole team! :)

also player ratings anyone?

heres my personal view.

kean - 9 wasent troubled that much to be fair! but when he was my god wasent he commanding and brilliant!!

orr - 8 started off sloppy but was brilliant after, cut out some crosses , got stuck in well!

hanley - 10 my MOM won everything, very strong, only caught out once and that was the gervinho chance, just brilliant today he was.

dann - 9 solid again, very commanding, shouted at his players got organised well like a true captain!

martin ollson - 7 some sloppy work at times, but was solid still, and he created the chance for the goal.

markus ollson - 6 i really dont like him i think we need a proper left winger.. he just, dosent seem good enough

pedersen - 7 solid from him, passed well when had the chance, corners and set peices were good.

kazim - 9 held up ball well on times and scored, worked so hard he was class.

williamson - 9 this was a great debut for him, battled hard passed well, clearly likes the hard work.

rhodes - 7 no service, didnt hold up the ball that well, but 7 cos i like him lol

bentley - 7 good passes, nice flick to ollson for the goal, will be a key player if stays fit

goodwillie - 6 i like him, but his time here is over i feel, all he did of note was boot an arsenal defender in the face.

Appleton is still after a left winger on loan.

Is Williamson the battler we've been missing since Jermaine Jones? Obviously I'm not expecting him to be at that level but it sounds like he's not scared to do the dirty work in the middle of the park.

hope so.

Appleton rates him highly. he is hard working box to box midfielder who can pass, tackle and score

It was great to see Rovers play on Swedish TV, it doesn't happen every day. I thought we did well, it wasn't pretty, but so sweet nonetheless.

I thought Williamson impressed. He kept the ball, wasn't afraid to put in a tackle. Looked very promising. Lowe on the other hand. Very sloppy passing, took some stupid free-kicks and just generally seems a bit clueless out there. Since we got the win it doesn't matter so much today.

Bentley did fairly well. I thought it was very good that he kept it simple, I was a bit afraid that he would overwork situations, but we played well. Good to see him in a Rovers jersey again, (even though the blue one looks like a pajama top or something).

Anyways, great effort all around, and what a nice victory. The defenders were amazing, and the entire team worked so hard!

Come on you Rovers!!

Every single player today was incredible and ten out of ten for all of them imo.

What a top keeper Kean is. Going to be a massive star.

Dann, Hanley and CKR also stood out.

Williamson looked energetic and busy. Had a great game. Difficult to tell what he was like going forward as we didn't have many.

Great to see Bentley come on. From the small cameo he had, it was quite clear from his close control and awareness on the ball, he is technically a different class to our other players.

Was nice to see Bentley back. I Think he can turn around his career with us for the better. Should never had left.

Goodwillie came on but did nothing.....

Williamsson was okay, worked hard but need more games.

I do hope we go for a win at Hull.

Now 6 games unbeaten and just let in 2 goals (yes two penalties)

I would like to see this team against Hull:

Kean

Orr, Dann, Hanley, Rekik

Bentley, Lowe, Williamsson or Murphy, Martin Olsson

Rhodes, Kazim

Archived