BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley fans up in arms over Ewood game.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry but I could never agree to the measures/tactics employed by Lancashire Police for this game (and all the others before).

Fan safety first and foremost, if its worked in the past then why not now. Just cant believe the Darwen end fans arent allowed in their normal seats, very poor as this takes a little bit of the home advantage away.

Makes you wonder how the police cope with games like:

Newcastle v Sunderland

Chelsea v Spurs

Sheff Weds v Sheff Utd

City v Utd

Utd v Liverpool

Bpool v Preston, I could go on.

How the Lancashire police get away with treating thousands of fans like animals is beyond me, its disgusting.

Thats said with regards the burnley fans complaining, kean em!

Fan safety first and foremost,

Come on JAL, anyone with any football nouse knows that the idiots will travel by either coach or train, how hard can that be to police? its a disgrace that we have to put up with such restrictions, it wouldn't be the case if we made it to Wembley, the met wouldn't insist on such measures with more fans to police, pathetic.

it worked without the OOT bullcrap for over a hundred years.

Blackburn fans entered into the same arrangements for the same reverse fixture, so there really cant be any reason why the Burnley fans cant do likewise.

Come on Gav,you simply know thats not true...the Station pub 'incident' for a start!.

That's got nothing to do with the police operation SG, that was hours after the game and nothing more than a few handbags.

I'd like to see 100 lads getting taxis over on match day to have a ruck, it's easy hours after the game with only 20 of you.

Overkill as per usual.

Chelsea v Millwall

Liverpool v United

West Ham v Millwall

Luton v Millwall

Birmingham v Villa

Then there's...

Celtic v Rangers

Cardiff v Swansea

...are all as bad if not worse than ours. Most generate sharp intakes of breath in the commentary boxes. We barely get on the telly! Granted that's down to ignorance and bias but still... do they all get bussed in 4 hours in advance?

Did you just include Millwall in three fixtures? are they -THAT- bad?

I've heard that Millwall - West Ham is very bad, but do the Millwall fans have enough 'negative energy' to channel towards three teams simultaneously?

From my observation as a foreigner, Blackburn fans obviously channel most hate/banter towards one team, Burnley... There would be less glamour about such a derby if we hated Bolton and Wigan as much as Burnley ;)

Chelsea v Millwall

Liverpool v United

West Ham v Millwall

Luton v Millwall

Birmingham v Villa

Then there's...

Celtic v Rangers

Cardiff v Swansea

...are all as bad if not worse than ours. Most generate sharp intakes of breath in the commentary boxes. We barely get on the telly! Granted that's down to ignorance and bias but still... do they all get bussed in 4 hours in advance?

Read the first chapter in this book. It's about an innocent Millwall fan who was stabbed by West Ham fans and nearly died. South Wales police operate the 'bubble' when Swansea play Cardiff and on Saturday there were several arrests at Luton against Millwall. Having been to a Celtic v Rangers game each set of fans have their own streets and it is relatively safe. When was the last time Chelsea played Millwall?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Death-Football-Frontline-Proper/dp/1906850267/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361220302&sr=8-3

Read the first chapter in this book. It's about an innocent Millwall fan who was stabbed by West Ham fans and nearly died. South Wales police operate the 'bubble' when Swansea play Cardiff and on Saturday there were several arrests at Luton against Millwall. Having been to a Celtic v Rangers game each set of fans have their own streets and it is relatively safe. When was the last time Chelsea played Millwall?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Death-Football-Frontline-Proper/dp/1906850267/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361220302&sr=8-3

Are any of those teams' fans bussed in 4 hours before kick off? That seems to me to be the most extreme measures of any fixture. It's like transferring prisoners.

I stand by my initial post that it's disproportionate.

Are any of those teams' fans bussed in 4 hours before kick off? That seems to me to be the most extreme measures of any fixture. It's like transferring prisoners.

I stand by my initial post that it's disproportionate.

Did we not leave Ewood at 9.30 for noon kick off this season?

As a middle aged man with 40 years experience of dodging fights and with no previous convictions I hope I could get to the Turd and back to Clitheroe without incident. I do take exception to being herded like cattle to a game of football. What were the arrest rates at our derby games? The worst incident occurred when the scum trashed their own town centre on the pretext of giving it a makeover. I've been to derby games with mates who bat for the other side and have drunk in their town centre before the game, albeit being very quiet. It really has got out of hand - I don't agree to a eight hour experience that could be done in half the time - policing these days is a bit better than it was - I' d be interested to know the costs of bussed games v policing at the ground?

Did we not leave Ewood at 9.30 for noon kick off this season?

12.30pm kick off, which makes it 2-and-a-half hours this season but it's still not the issue. Which other teams bus their fans to an away fixture as the only means to get there?

12.30pm kick off, which makes it 2-and-a-half hours this season but it's still not the issue. Which other teams bus their fans to an away fixture as the only means to get there?[/quote

If you had been allowed to travel independently what time would you have left? I only know of Cardiff v Millwall where it is mandatory travel. I know several Cardiff fans who agree with this.

They probably will but where else does this happen?

There are far worse derbys even in this country. Fine, bus them in but why do they/we have to go so early? This actually excludes some people from being able to attend.

The cynic in my makes me wonder if it's a way of increasing bar sales!

This is a Lancs Constabulary problem. They should be made to release the financial cost of such over the top policing so the tax payer can ask if its value for money. Such measures aren't deemed necessary at other flash point football matches.

This is a Lancs Constabulary problem. They should be made to release the financial cost of such over the top policing so the tax payer can ask if its value for money. Such measures aren't deemed necessary at other flash point football matches.

The police can't take any chances when there is the potential for mass disorder.

May be draconian measures which I for one could well do without but spare a thought for the families with young kids who can attend the games without worry as a consequence.

I'm certain that wouldn't be the case if the measures weren't in place.

Archived