BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley fans up in arms over Ewood game.

Looks like many of our friendly neighbours at the cobbled end of the M65 are boycotting the derby game at Ewood in protest at the travel arrangements.They have been given the bottom tier of the Bryan Douglas Stand 4,000 tickets.

Again the question has to be asked..if it reduces the chances of idiots causing trouble then what really is the problem?

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113221045&page=2

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The travel arrangements are disproportionate to the amount of trouble.

You'd think it was Fenerbace v Galatasary!

If it was really that bad, we should be televised every match due to the sheer spectacle.

Most fierce derby in the world

:rolleyes:

Treat people like animals and they will behave like animals.

I actually agree with the arrangements. If it saves one innocent person fom either club being hurt then it has to be worth it. Quite a few Burnley fans are boycotting because of the price rather than the mandatory travel arrangements.

They probably will but where else does this happen?

There are far worse derbys even in this country. Fine, bus them in but why do they/we have to go so early? This actually excludes some people from being able to attend.

The cynic in my makes me wonder if it's a way of increasing bar sales!

• Moderation Lead

Don't see what they've got to moan about. We had to go through the same OTT arrangements for the game at T'Turf. Our coach only arrived 5 mins before kick off.

Exactly, hardly a revelation is it? The same arrangements were in place in 09/10......

• Moderation Lead

Just because it has been done before does not make it right

As many have said, it's OTT, but when there's very little bother as a result, the Police will only say that they've been proven right.

I'd rather we didn't have to go through these measures, but it's a small sacrifice to make to see your team on Derby Day.

I do agree with their views though. The arrangements are far too extreme and seem like the police taking the easier way out, without taking into account the views of the fans.

There are examples every week of matches like this going ahead without the away fans needing to be treated like this.

A joint gesture/protest would be a good thing.

I actually agree with the arrangements. If it saves one innocent person fom either club being hurt then it has to be worth it. Quite a few Burnley fans are boycotting because of the price rather than the mandatory travel arrangements.

Completely agree.

Football is a game, a sport.

Nobody should be getting hurt, or even be in danger of being hurt, when going to watch a game of football.

Looks like many of our friendly neighbours at the cobbled end of the M65 are boycotting the derby game at Ewood in protest at the travel arrangements.They have been given the bottom tier of the Bryan Douglas Stand 4,000 tickets.

Again the question has to be asked..if it reduces the chances of idiots causing trouble then what really is the problem?

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113221045&page=2

Best quote on the inbred forum.

"The £6.50 coach charge finally decided me not to go. They only paid £5 so why should there be a difference."

I know times are hard but is an extra £1.50 really enough to put you off your biggest derby game?

They probably will but where else does this happen?

There are far worse derbys even in this country. Fine, bus them in but why do they/we have to go so early? This actually excludes some people from being able to attend.

The cynic in my makes me wonder if it's a way of increasing bar sales!

Which derbys are far worse in England? Just curious.

"The £6.50 coach charge finally decided me not to go. They only paid £5 so why should there be a difference."

I know times are hard but is an extra £1.50 really enough to put you off your biggest derby game?

Silly inbred Pillocks . Our bus was £6.50 ?

Charges are priced per finger, aren't they? What does he expect?

I don't mind the measures in place. I don't mind paying a little extra for safety. Financially and in regards to time expense.

Best, most dedicated fans in the planet...

Way way over the top but if it passes without any major incident then hopefully if the game is on next season things should be relaxed a bit. Burnley will sell what they get despite the moaning. they sold 3500 at Bolton easy enough.

Which derbys are far worse in England? Just curious.

Chelsea v Millwall

Liverpool v United

West Ham v Millwall

Luton v Millwall

Birmingham v Villa

Then there's...

Celtic v Rangers

Cardiff v Swansea

...are all as bad if not worse than ours. Most generate sharp intakes of breath in the commentary boxes. We barely get on the telly! Granted that's down to ignorance and bias but still... do they all get bussed in 4 hours in advance?

Archived