BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

I dont think the Blackburn public is willing to support the complete b'stards who are ruining our club,lets have it right Theno!

Thats one thing SG... I gave up my ST on the back of them 18 months ago. But you have to factor in the fact that the supporters have developed a pound shop mentallity on the back of JW's cheap ticketing policy. I said at the time it was fine in the Prem when the media rights were chucking a million pound pw into our bank account but relegation and the ensuing need to return to reallity and realsitic admission prices was always going to throw a huge (and possible) terminal spanner into the works

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said this:

“Our lads gave everything tonight, I couldn’t ask any more for effort or desire but it just wasn’t to be."

Arsene Wenger after last night's efforts in Munich?

Bradford's manager after their heroic League Cup campaign ended in a heavy defeat in the final?

Nope. This was what Michael Appleton said after the game last night!!!

... If the players did indeed give everything then they are playing at least two divisions (and tens of thousands of pounds) above their actual abilities, and if they were following instructions you can only scratch your head in slack-jawed horror at the tactic of constantly hoofing the ball up to a giant of a centre half (who wouldn't look out of place in non league football incidentally - yet won man of the match in both quarter final matches!).

Nope, I haven't calmed down any from last night and I've seen enough of this latest manager's so-called tactics to seriously doubt whether he was a wise choice.

Rant over.

Tbf, I do think that the players gave 100% last night they just weren't good enough. Appleton is getting criticised for his tactics but, as I keep saying, the players aren't good enough to carry out any other tactic than hoofball. What's the point of Appleton drawing up a game plan of passing football when our players can't pass it! Look at what happened when we did try to pass it last night - it was embarrassing.

Making excuses is the easy way out. Some still have their eyes closed it seems. Maybe the longing for hope has clouded their mind?

IF he is allowing others to make decisions like that then he needs to go the same way as Berg. This isn't the time for a spineless manager

IT ALL COMES FROM THE TOP. The buck starts and ends with the manager. Excuses don't wash

I agree. But Appleton is clearing up the mess left behind from two years of Steve Kean. Can't just dismiss him as useless after less than 2 months in the job.

Appleton came in and said this is a long term project. He knew the problems and they weren't going to be sorted over night. Even when we won a few games at the beginning and thought we had a chance of the play offs - Appleton dismissed the idea and said lets see where we are with 6 games to go.

2 years of mismanagement - I think it will take Appleton at least 2 years to get us back to anything like a proper football club again; certainly not 2 months.

A very good point.

Fred Cumpstey@fredcumpstey

Shades of McNamee in the two performances from Danny Shittu over the two games. It might not be pretty but it's inspirational and effective.

Understand that he was on one of Rovers' lists in the summer !

Don't need to go that far back it's more like shades of Chris Samba. btw I was informed last night that in some poll or other N'Zonzi has been voted 8th best signing of this season!

Bloody criminal whats gone on here isn't it?

I agree. But Appleton is clearing up the mess left behind from two years of Steve Kean. Can't just dismiss him as useless after less than 2 months in the job.

If this is clearing up the mess then I dread to see the final product. I hated Steve Kean with a passion but THIS SEASON we were nowhere near as bad under him as anything this numpty has served up. He's making Berg look like a tactical and motivational behemoth. He's even making Kean look like the Scottish Enzo Bearzot

Making excuses is the easy way out.

IF he is allowing others to make decisions like that then he needs to go the same way as Berg. This isn't the time for a spineless manager

He's not spineless. He's bombed Murphy out. He's sidelined Shebby. He got rid of a lot of dross in January. He's brought in his own backroom team which no other manager has been able to do since Venky's arrived; he's also put some structure in place with a recruitment expert; the PR is better with no stupid stories leaking. Progress has been made.

Appleton came in and said this is a long term project. He knew the problems and they weren't going to be sorted over night. Even when we won a few games at the beginning and thought we had a chance of the play offs - Appleton dismissed the idea and said lets see where we are with 6 games to go.

2 years of mismanagement - I think it will take Appleton at least 2 years to get us back to anything like a proper football club again; certainly not 2 months.

I admire your optimism much more than your perception rover11.

He's not spineless. He's bombed Murphy out. He's sidelined Shebby. He got rid of a lot of dross in January. He's brought in his own backroom team which no other manager has been able to do since Venky's arrived; he's also put some structure in place with a recruitment expert; the PR is better with no stupid stories leaking. Progress has been made.

You are joking right? Spineless is letting others dictate team affairs.

Murphy has not been bombed out at all "Appletons words". Singh was sidelined by Dumb and Dumber via the trip to Pune, whilst the 'so called' shipped out dross are better than the sheer w*nk he has bought in to replace them. As for his backroom team they must be sh*t too as a glance at the form table proves

The team is hurtling off a cliff under him.

If this is clearing up the mess then I dread to see the final product. I hated Steve Kean with a passion but THIS SEASON we were nowhere near as bad under him as anything this numpty has served up. He's making Berg look like a tactical and motivational behemoth. He's even making Kean look like the Scottish Enzo Bearzot

If we still had Berg, we'd be in the relegation places by now. I actually think we were this bad under Kean at the beginning of the season. The results papered over the cracks. We should have got beaten in all of those games but we had the rub of the green at key moments. A Steve Kean performance at the beginning of the season and the luck we had would have seen us clear that Shittu header off the line whilst Best's shot would have gone in - those are the fine margins.

People say if we had kept Steve Kean we would be in a better position now. I completely disagree; I think we'd be worse off points-wise. We'd have sunk like a stone after that Boro match.

Fantastic post from Revidge, wish I could have posted so incisively. For me Charlton at home this season was the all time low but that was a combination of many things.

All I have to add to RB's comments is this; with the exception of Rhodes not one player on the pitch is good enough for us to have a hope of promotion next season. I exclude Dunn but we have to accept he's probably a bit part player now.

I've been giving Appleton the benefit if the doubt as I've liked his words. However recent tactics and his signings, Jones excepted, prove he is out of his depth.

After Charlton when I was utterly distraught I've found these things don't move me in the same manner. Defeat on Sunday though will bring real anger from all sides.

Administration beckons in the coming months. If this means we rid ourselves of the Raos and management it will be like lancing a boil. Only when these people leave, who are suppurating mass on our club , can the healing begin.

The problem is if we go into administration who will rescue us from it? The club was for sale for years when we were doing well in the Premier League and debt was low. Is someone or a group of individuals really going to want to buy a club with a lot of debt and Rovers languishing in the Championship or worse League One?

I think it's more likely if we go into administration that the club will eventually fold.

It's the hope that kill's you.

Too right it's the hope that kills you. I was really looking forward to last night's match after an encouraging display at Cold Blow Lane but I should have known better after decades of watching Rovers.

I thought the attendance last night was disgraceful. If the Blackburn public cannot be bothered to turn out to support the team with an FA Cup semi-final Wembley at stake there is little hope for the future.

As for Appleton he is shaping up to be a worse appointment than Steve Kean. How the people have in the boardroom have managed to pick 3 poor managers in succession is beyond comprehension. Anyone on this messageboard (including GAV) could have done better.

No doubt Appleton will switch the side round for Sunday but at the moment I'm dreading it. Apart from Dunn, Hanley and one or two others the players seem to have no spirit.

How about running costs 47er?

Swansea have done it from a worse position than we're in. Having the right people to make the right decisions is the vital thing.

No need to blow money away as stupid Venkys have done.

Another 2 years of him? What division will we be in?

Too right it's the hope that kills you. I was really looking forward to last night's match after an encouraging display at Cold Blow Lane but I should have known better after decades of watching Rovers.

I thought the attendance last night was disgraceful. If the Blackburn public cannot be bothered to turn out to support the team with an FA Cup semi-final Wembley at stake there is little hope for the future.

As for Appleton he is shaping up to be a worse appointment than Steve Kean. How the people have in the boardroom have managed to pick 3 poor managers in succession is beyond comprehension. Anyone on this messageboard (including GAV) could have done better.

No doubt Appleton will switch the side round for Sunday but at the moment I'm dreading it. Apart from Dunn, Hanley and one or two others the players seem to have no spirit.

Encouraging?????

And Woah!!!! steady on ;)

Swansea have done it from a worse position than we're in. Having the right people to make the right decisions is the vital thing.

No need to blow money away as stupid Venkys have done.

If I owned Rovers my first act would be to poach Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins. His last 4 appointments have been Martinez, Sousa, Rogers and Laudrup.

I couldn't agree more. There is no short term fix to the damage that Venkys have done over two years.

Wow you thought Peds was a breath of fresh air??? Do you live in between a rubbish tip and a sewerage plant?? He was disgraceful, one of the worst performances ive ever seen from a pro footballer!

Compared to Murphy and Lowe that is.

The problem is if we go into administration who will rescue us from it? The club was for sale for years when we were doing well in the Premier League and debt was low. Is someone or a group of individuals really going to want to buy a club with a lot of debt and Rovers languishing in the Championship or worse League One?

I think it's more likely if we go into administration that the club will eventually fold.

Administration means debt-free status once its completed. Rangers are a recent example.

That's when The Trust and whomever it can find to work with moves in. It'll be a long road back but we have to believe it can happen.

I absolutely believe the Club will still be there at the end of all this.

Distraught and depressed.

Unable to say too much BUT Sunday really does define the future.

Can you imagine ST sales next year? Last night will be a big attendance.

Venkys have to quit.We want our Club and team to be one we can be proud of.

Archived