BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Appleton on Radio Rovers.....

'' There is a losing mentality at this club''

Really? Agree we've bad apples and individuals and very possibly a lot of mercenaries who don't care at all. Am sure all of this doesn't contribute to a good atmosphere. But a loosing atmosphere?

When Appleton took charge we'd gone undefeated in 4. Additionally when we started under him bar charlton we went a few games undefeated. I'm not sure this loosing mentality really washes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real concern is that we created nothing and lost comfortably at home to the only team in the league on a worse run than ourselves. Seeing as we create absolutely nothing, I cannot see where our next point will come from. We are absolutely terrible. With the reasonable form of the teams below us, relegation is becoming a fairly likely prospect and the lord alone knows what will happen to our club then. We are the worst club in the league at the moment. I despair.

"Blackburn failed to impress" states BBC which I think is a good comment for the performance I saw tonight:

Pedersen - was a good player years ago but now lost it, doesn't care anymore and should not be in the team. King - too weak & greedy, can't hit the target, need to loan him out to Accy Stanley (his level). Dann, Hanley & Lowe - did MA say " aim for Shittu's head"? because that all you did. Got to include Kean in this too.

Shocking performance with the exception of Dunn. Only 60% fit yet he played with his heart and was man of the match. If only we had 11 Dunnies!

Pedersen's been robbing the club for years, he's not on his own but he's on big money. To quote a guy who once coached me - " I could get guys to murder their own mothers for that sort of money ". I've mentioned the fact from time to time only to be shot down in flames by members of his fan club, some of whom should know better.

Was your Dad sat in some sort of solicitors' box?

No...the Jack Walker upper. He is a solicitor though? One of the peoPle that told him was the same person who told him about the Murphy bust up after the match the other week, so seems pretty reliable!

Got to say I was shocked at some posts on here pre match. What on earth made people think we would beat millwall? We've been terrible for months, but yet people thought we would all of a sudden pull off a massive result.

I can't see this side winning any of their remaining games this season.

The truly sad thing is in my life time at least we'll never have a better chance to get to wembley in the semi final of an fa cup and then a better chance for a final. Maybe once we're relegated to league 1 could have a good go at the johnson's paint trophy.

No...the Jack Walker upper. He is a solicitor though? One of the peoPle that told him was the same person who told him about the Murphy bust up after the match the other week, so seems pretty reliable!

If your dad is Paul then I think there may be something in this

Not being funny Michael Appleton is another poor appointment from the board,league form awful and now another inept performance at home !

I know Savage is a nugget but that statement is absolutely right, Venky's have made so many bad decisions and the appointment of our third manager in one season had to be spot on...they could not afford to make another bad decision and nor did they have to seeing as Bowyer was doing so well but what happened!

He was never going to be the right man looking at his CV nor was Berg nor was Kean but they let the idiots in charge carry on and employ another manager who isnt up to the grade and it's showing.

I made a decision not to go again while these idiots are in charge rightly or wrongly I have stuck to it, I cant justify lining the pockets of people who only make decisions that our harming the club.

What good is backing the wrong people to run the club and the wrong manager to coach the players, the money the owners have wasted listening to idiots advice is frightening I bet they wish now they had'nt told John Williams to "tow the line"

Unforgivable.

If your dad is Paul then I think there may be something in this

Without wishing to put fuel on this particular fire - makes you wonder if this is why Jack Straw is making renewed efforts to get the FA to confirm their findings on the take over. All of this is obviously a huge shame for all us fans - but poor Jack Walker - his memory doesn't deserve this.

Ashamed of our own supporters tonight. That sort of attendance at an occasion like that is pathetic. Say what you want about the owners, players and management, but that is shameful.

I have to say j feel you've made some unfortunate comments tonight Eddie. Most people around Blackburn are devastated by the events of the last two years. I'd guess 50% of us who still turn up have lost heart, I certainly have. To call the fans for not attending is wrong and ill-judged.

The bigger concern for us all is tonight's attendance was the hardcore. The atmosphere was pretty good for an hour or so. This is our natural attendance and I'd put most games next season at 6-8,000.

I didn't go tonight for personal reasons - but I will be there on Sunday. Had enough of what ? Venky's obviously messed up by continuing to employ Kean - but ultimately they have supported the club this season far more than anyone would have hoped - we kept together the majority of the squad and even spent large sums in the transfer window (granted not always well) - so what have you had enough of - getting beat ? As a supporter that isn't an answer !

Just because we spent money it doesn't mean Venkys have been supporting the club. We got sizeable amounts of money for Samba and had a lot of the Jones transfer money that hadnt been reinvested together with money for Hoillett, N'Zonzi etc and £16m worth of parachute payments.

The fact we bought Rhodes for £8m and a few others isn't an indication Venkys are supporting the club, just that they're not sucking money out of it,

• Backroom

Abbey made a comment on Facebook about the chants from the Darwen End bunch in N01 today and got to say I agree to a point

I'd rather sit in deadly silence than sing songs about Pedersen and his relationship with John o Shea amongst other stuff

A for effort in trying to make a noise but it was embarrassing some of it

Not quite true , don't forget their just like a family member advisor, and his business partners and also the enemy's within pre takeover and currently still on board

I stick to my view. Not one correct decision since purchase. Incompetence beyond comparison.

Destruction of an institution. Alienation of fanbase & revenue stream.

Hope we don't get beat on Sunday.

F you! Venkys.

Totally overrun in midfield which resulted in us playing hit and hope balls which all seemed to hit Danny Shittu. we had nothing on the bench that could have changed that and none of the players that left in January would have helped.At this moment all I can hope for is avoiding defeat on Sunday and keeping clear of relegation. Major rebuilding required in the summer.

listening to Appleton after the game saying we did not get the lucky bounce today really points out how he wants to play hoof it forward and maybe get lucky when i hear other managers say it it think oh they where unlucky but i currently think he actually means this in a literal sense and it terrifies me.

Archived