BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Didn't gO tonight because of work, but just spoke to my Dad who did do. He said he spoke to 3 solicitors who don't know each other but work in Manchester and apparently was told by all 3 there have been some tentative inquiries about administration for the summer.

About the performance: simply not good enough on all levels from what I've been told...

Was your Dad sat in some sort of solicitors' box?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't go tonight for personal reasons - but I will be there on Sunday. Had enough of what ? Venky's obviously messed up by continuing to employ Kean - but ultimately they have supported the club this season far more than anyone would have hoped - we kept together the majority of the squad and even spent large sums in the transfer window (granted not always well) - so what have you had enough of - getting beat ? As a supporter that isn't an answer !

I imagine a number of people have had enough of useless managers and spineless performances from players who could at least try to demonstrate why they are professional footballers. Getting beaten is one thing, it is the manner of them that is the most depressing thing

Didn't gO tonight because of work, but just spoke to my Dad who did do. He said he spoke to 3 solicitors who don't know each other but work in Manchester and apparently was told by all 3 there have been some tentative inquiries about administration for the summer.

About the performance: simply not good enough on all levels from what I've been told...

Where they the same solicitors who said we would sell all our squad at the start of this season - and Venky's would drive off into the sunset with the proceeds ? Lots of rumours as always around Ewood - best to deal with facts.

The worst I've ever seen. I understood playing defensively minded football against Brighton and Arsenal, good footballing sides, but I assumed that against poorer teams at home we'd have a more adventurous game plan. We don't. Injuries or no injuries, the players we had out there were wasted. Awful tactics.

I'm beyond feeling embarrassed. I hadn't cared about a Rovers result so much in a long while, but after they had scored it was just resignation. The club doesn't deserve to be in the premiership just as it doesn't deserve to go to Wembley. The players we have SHOULD be good enough. But everything else is falling to pieces.

8k fans. I used to take 20k home attendances for granted. Will those days ever return?

I imagine a number of people have had enough of useless managers and spineless performances from players who could at least try to demonstrate why they are professional footballers. Getting beaten is one thing, it is the manner of them that is the most depressing thing

Didn't think it was spineless - just lacking in quality or tactics (step forward Mr Appleton - though it would be our sixth manager, wouldn't be devasted if he was replaced, though they possibly do need to give him a pre-season to prove his worth - but not convinced at all).

Generally to win a football match you have to have the majority of players winning their personal battles. Hand on heart tonight how many did? I am sad that for an opportunity to play at Wembley some of our players didn't seem to want it as much as Millwall. Good luck to them, I hope they get to the final now. As for us the players need to collectively grow a pair.

"Blackburn failed to impress" states BBC which I think is a good comment for the performance I saw tonight:

Pedersen - was a good player years ago but now lost it, doesn't care anymore and should not be in the team. King - too weak & greedy, can't hit the target, need to loan him out to Accy Stanley (his level). Dann, Hanley & Lowe - did MA say " aim for Shittu's head"? because that all you did. Got to include Kean in this too.

Shocking performance with the exception of Dunn. Only 60% fit yet he played with his heart and was man of the match. If only we had 11 Dunnies!

Appleton on Radio Rovers.....

'' There is a losing mentality at this club''

He needs to look at himself - even taking into account injuries tactics were useless tonight. Looks like we have another manager who blames everyone else but himself. Talking to some Blackpool fans - some worrying things are coming out of the wood work about his time at Blackpool - many seem to be coming true at Rovers. Though the owners have backed managers this season - they don;t have a good track record of picking the right manager !

Think the comments say it all - at least I wont be pilloried as I was earlier today.

Ironically, I understand that Shittu was on one of the Rovers' target lists last summer, a fact that I shared with a couple of board members at the time.

I honestly fear for Rovers' future now and after tonight's exit, I would not be at all surprised should Venky's call time on the Rovers. Administration would cost us 10 points and our Championship place.

A sad night on the back of two sad years for all Rovers' supporters.

Archived