BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking crap again Eddie.

That was utterly abysmal. Appleton and the players should be ashamed of themselves.

We played a cup QUARTER-FINAL at HOME like it was a bloody practice match for 80 minutes. I guess that performance has blown away all the BS about the 'nasty wind' at Milwall.

Appleton's honesty has been refreshing but if THAT is the best he can offer, he might as well resign now.

• Backroom

Ashamed of our own supporters tonight. That sort of attendance at an occasion like that is pathetic. Say what you want about the owners, players and management, but that is shameful.

I'm ashamed of this post. The owners have brought the club to its knees, assembling the worst squad in decades and hiring a worthless manager who doesn't even appear to know the very fundamentals of football... and you're on here attacking the fans for not paying to see it. Unbelievable.

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely. There's no Kean or Anderson anymore, if you can't get yourself out for one match that could make a tremendous difference to this club then what are you calling yourself a supporter for?

Clear off Eddie, sure you had a great view from Paris. :rolleyes:

Mug.

Absolutely. There's no Kean or Anderson anymore, if you can't get yourself out for one match that could make a tremendous difference to this club then what are you calling yourself a supporter for?

With that Kean or Anderson quote are you including any of their associates in that?

Ashamed of our own supporters tonight. That sort of attendance at an occasion like that is pathetic. Say what you want about the owners, players and management, but that is shameful.

Why would you come on here to wind up your fellow fans after what they've just had to put up with? What an arsehole way to act.

Best way to protest is not go, why in the keaning hell do supporters continue to buy shirts, tickets, scarfs when its going into Venkys coffers. They will soon clear off when Ewood is empty, they are the root of the problem whichever way you look at it.

after seeing us a few times in recent weeks that performance and result came as no surprise. Appleton has lost it. No signs of progress - as others have said he is no better than the rest of the managers we've been through this season. Tactics are dreadful and the players just don't look good enough (against Millwall FFS).

If I could have gone I would have, circumstance prevents that, anyone who says the same is fine by me, but what is going to change at a club where 10k show up for a quarterfinal? You think someone will invest 30m in that sinkhole, or that new players will be tempted? We have been ravaged by mismanagement, but if we make this year zero we should consider ourselves fortunate to have someone paying 35k a week to players, even if they are crap.

All I want is for this club to exist in the future, with support like that...it won't.

I thought I was crying because of the lost chance at going to the new Wembley but it's not that, it was never going to happen (you know that's the case when rovers fans get cocky) we simply didn't deserve it.

I'm crying because of what the other posters have said, this football club is a disgrace now, and has been for a while.

Sure it's sad we're not going to London for a big weekend but at least the focus will be back on those terrible terrible people that run the club and the appalling staff they employ. It would have been a travesty with Venkys taking us to Wembley. Whilst us fans deserve it, no one working at the club or running it deserved a semi-final.

So not up for Sunday now, what's local pride good for if you ain't got nothing to be proud of??

I hope all you doom-mongers are happy! Go suck a kean you keaners

• Moderation Lead

If I could have gone I would have, circumstance prevents that, anyone who says the same is fine by me, but what is going to change at a club where 10k show up for a quarterfinal? You think someone will invest 30m in that sinkhole, or that new players will be tempted? We have been ravaged by mismanagement, but if we make this year zero we should consider ourselves fortunate to have someone paying 35k a week to players, even if they are crap.

All I want is for this club to exist in the future, with *owners like that...it won't.

Fixed it for you.

Why would you come on here to wind up your fellow fans after what they've just had to put up with? What an arsehole way to act.

Expressing a view doesn't mean that you are on to wind people up. This board became a one view medium long ago, maybe people should take a step back and do a review of the entire club now. If we want to improve then what has to happen?

Gutted on so many levels.

Our best chance of wembley, our best chance of a final as well. We'll never get an easier QF draw than Millwall home or Wigan in the semis. Could have been the last chance we have outside of the league trophy to get to wembley.

Secondly if we can't beat Millwall at home you have issues of whether we can compete in this league let alone get promoted.

I've been a fan of Appleton, I like what he's said and the actions backing it up, but things on the pitch bare no correlation to these encouragements whatsoever. We're not winning, we're not scoring and we're not really even having any players playing well. I know he has a lot to work on, I know we're in a shocking place off the pitch but beating Millwall and scoring more than 3 goals in 7 or 8 is the type of progress we should expect to see this season.

All I want is for this club to exist in the future, with support like that...it won't.

So a threadbare stadium is the reason why the players couldn't even string a pass together and kept lumping it into no man's land? Nothing to do with tactics, organisation, that kind of thing? Yes, the turnout was poor but it's hardly surprising given the state of the club and can't be blamed for that diabolical performance.

Middle of the month, 3 days notice to get a ticket on the back end of a diabolical match at The Den and your hitting out at fans?

3 times we have been played off the park by Millwall this season and your blaming the fans?

Give your head a wobble

Expressing a view doesn't mean that you are on to wind people up. This board became a one view medium long ago, maybe people should take a step back and do a review of the entire club now. If we want to improve then what has to happen?

Expressing a view that you are ashamed of the supporters after a game like that is only ever going to wind people up. You're clever enough to have known that when you were writing it.

Archived