BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst thing is, when I saw the line up it thought 'hes going for it here, 2 creative centre mids'

Then we decide to miss them out of the game completely

That's funny, when I saw the midfield I thought we're going to by pass it completely because it's so crap. If we'd have intending playing a midfield game we could have dropped one of the front two and played five in midfield.

The players have to take a lot of the blame tonight.

How many times were simple passes misplaced?

How often was the ball easily given away?

Appleton will, and should, get the worst of the blame tonight, but the players let everyone down in a big way tonight.

Cringed at Dunn's crocodile tears at the end.

Get real, Pieboy.

Reality check, I would never criticise fellow supporters, we are a family. Just like families, we fall out sometimes. I have a season ticket, didn't go tonight for work/family reasons. Watched at the waggon in Clitheroe. God, there was even a poor turn out in the pub. Watched with a Dingle ST holder - even he couldn't get excited about our loss. He has no expectations about them winning Sunday after Hull, he's more depressed than us v depressed. Awful league, drags you down. Probably better we lost, does it mean we are one step closer to the Loons leaving? God, I hope so, as they are the cancer that has eaten away at our club and reduced us to dust. We need serious treatment from someone who has a love for our club, not a bunch of half-wit chancers...Venkys leave now, not even please.

Your comments would have been less offensive tonight if you had have actually attended the game. You must be a fool not to realise that. I didn't go tonight because I've had enough, I'd had enough over a year ago. I take my hat off to those who did.

I didn't go tonight for personal reasons - but I will be there on Sunday. Had enough of what ? Venky's obviously messed up by continuing to employ Kean - but ultimately they have supported the club this season far more than anyone would have hoped - we kept together the majority of the squad and even spent large sums in the transfer window (granted not always well) - so what have you had enough of - getting beat ? As a supporter that isn't an answer !

Played off the park - really ?

Don't get me wrong I expect far more - but tonight we weren't played off the park.

Having said that - I totally agree about the "lump up field" - the few times we got it down and played we created chances. Injuries have played a part - but Appleton has to take some of the blame for his tactics - Sam like tactics, but not played anywhere near as effectively,

BTW - devastated

Sorry mate my bit was the last line it got mixed up with the original post, as for Sam tactics at least he made us hard not softies like today who get pushed off the ball

The worst thing is, most of those players, Dunn, Lowe and Kean aside (edit: and Hanley), dont have any reason to care about the Burnley game.

This was their most important game this season.

And that performance was the best they could do, within their playing capabilities, and within the constraints of the tactics set out for them.

Absolutely dreading Sunday now.

Absolutely atrocious. Dire going forward. Created 1 decent chance over two legs. Not good enough.

In truth, neither team deserved to win tonight. Both terrible. We had about 2 shots on target and I think Millwall only had 1. But that shouldnt take away from how bad we were going forward. Hit and hope(less).

I appreciate that Appleton is trying to build from the back but 2 goals in over 10 hours of football is not good enough. I have sympathy because the players we have (apart from Dunn) can't pass it 5 yards.

When we did try and get it down and play, 9 times out of 10 we gave the ball away. Problem is we arent very good at hoofball either. I'm not quite sure whether this long ball style is down to Appleton or is a by product of the players not being good enough to pass it.

But you don't seem to understand that the two are intrinsically linked, Eddie. You can't continue alienate the fanbase with one shambolic decision after another like the owners have done for two years straight and then expect fans to be climbing over one another based on one game. Let's be honest, Rovers have never been known for their hardcore numbers, have they? Even when we were an established PL club we still had to offer cheap seats to get people through the gates. We're a small town club whose had its moment in the sun and whose catchment area contends with far bigger and more popular clubs than ourselves. So, knowing that fact, and considering all that Venky's have wrought to drive away supporters, what else were you honestly expecting?

To demonstrate our hardcore fanbase further, take a look at the attendance statistics for 94/5 and 95/6 seasons, our finest hour. We couldn't even sell out Ewood consistently as Champions of England.

The players have to take a lot of the blame tonight.

How many times were simple passes misplaced?

How often was the ball easily given away?

Appleton will, and should, get the worst of the blame tonight, but the players let everyone down in a big way tonight.

Cringed at Dunn's crocodile tears at the end.

Get real, Pieboy.

Maybe not, his best chance of a wembley game, and he was one of our better players tonight

Didn't go tonight. I knew it would be torture like every other game this season (except maybe Forest). I decided I'd had enough after Peterborough. I'll see out the last 5 games of my ticket and with great sadness check out until the untouchables have relinquished what is generously referred to as their control of the club.

The worry is I live in Pendle and worry that my son (3) may stray...

I reckon 5,000 season tickets next year? Average attendance 8,000.

Really poor tonight. Who thinks playing hoof ball football against Danny Shittu is going to work!! Especially when we're playing Gomes and Rhodes up top in the second half. I think it's clear to see that Appleton has little tactical nous, we,re playing terrible football and never look like we're going to score a goal, unless we get a lucky break. Where do we go now? Have lost all faith in the manager already. I really do worry for the future

• Backroom

Dunn's tears were pathetic. He was lumping it forward just like the rest of them.

I hope they were tears of embarrassment, or realisation as to just how low the club has sunk.

I didn't go tonight for personal reasons - but I will be there on Sunday. Had enough of what ? Venky's obviously messed up by continuing to employ Kean - but ultimately they have supported the club this season far more than anyone would have hoped - we kept together the majority of the squad and even spent large sums in the transfer window (granted not always well) - so what have you had enough of - getting beat ? As a supporter that isn't an answer !

dont talk @#/?

BTW, however sad it is, and as a diehard Blue, Millwall deserved to go through. Credit where it is due. The idiots have had many chances to appoint a manager with experience since the dark lord left, and they have ballsed it up through self interest and petty squabbling. I will be there Sunday, I have no expectation, but will go out of loyalty to my team. I will go with a very heavy heart.

Didn't gO tonight because of work, but just spoke to my Dad who did do. He said he spoke to 3 solicitors who don't know each other but work in Manchester and apparently was told by all 3 there have been some tentative inquiries about administration for the summer.

About the performance: simply not good enough on all levels from what I've been told...

Be sensible, I've seen us lose to Rochdale in the league and still bounced back. When we lost 7-2 at Shrewsbury I was at Ewood for the following home game. It's not about getting beat although I don't like that at all. It's about the sheer frustration and sense of hopelessness pervading the club from top to bottom. It's about the cancer killing a club I've followed for fifty years.

If we're going to play hoofball then we might as well play Paul Robinson at right back. That was a pretty shocking and disappointing showing tonight. Get two more wins and focus on developing an identity and on building a team for next season.

Good to see Dunny back playing.

Archived