BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Appleton on the 8k crowd:

“The crowd was obviously disappointing. If we had won, we would probably have

taken more than 40,000 to Wembley, but more people probably want us to beat

Burnley on Sunday. That’s a bit difficult to take at times, but I understand the

rivalry.”

Deluded.

40k ? Does he know he's in Blackburn not bloody Birmingham lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the attendance last night was disgraceful. If the Blackburn public cannot be bothered to turn out to support the team with an FA Cup semi-final Wembley at stake there is little hope for the future.

Venkys have been strangling the club since they bought it but it does seem that many (half?) of Rovers fans have simply abandoned them.

Many of those who have stayed have not only stood by and watched but have even rounded on (and succeeded in silencing) people who have tried to intervene.

Protests should have been en masse, not allowed to be seen as a vocal minority. Sadly no-one could find the right way to unite the fans. If there even is/was such a way.

Again, it's not a 1-way relationship.

Yes, the fans need to turn up and inspire the players, but likewise, the players need to give the supporters a reason to turn up and support them.

Last night, not one of them put a performance in.

An overweight and semi-fit Dunn was deemed MOTM, yet in reality he was ineffective and contributed nothing.

I probably wont see Rovers in the PL again, but you might. If we do ever get back there and get ourselves reasonably established, then protect what you have with everything you've got. If the club or fans start to suggest that selling the best players is a good thing - then give 'em short shrift. If they suggest that the money can be used to strengthen the squad, tell 'em where to get off. When they tell you that the way forward for our club is to sell good players and rely on the youth lads, tell 'em they don't know what they're talking about. If the owners start to replace the club's staff infrastructure with nobodies and people tell you it's just progress, don't have any of it. When people argue that there's nothing wrong with paying agents inflated fees to bring in a multitude of inferior young foreign lads at massive profits for the agents themselves, tell 'em where to go. When and if they tell you that there's nothing wrong with a system that entails a manager being supplied with players he knows nothing about, remind 'em of what happened here. If someone suggests getting rid of a manager who's getting results, without knowing who's going to replace them, - tell 'em they're well out of order.

You forgot to mention the fans who weren't happy with 10th place or thereabouts each season and were critical of a manager who got results but whose football (in their eyes) wasn't pretty to watch. A few of them could be heard at matches and in pubs before games. I bet they feel pretty stupid now.

Blame the fans again will you Jim. What about those chicken turds?

Root of all the problem - we all know that. Doesn't absolve fans of their responsibilities towards the team though. Last night was a disgrace.

As for the manager, a few years ago Charlton fans forced out Alan Curbishley because they weren't happy just being an established PL club and wanted more. Charlton went down to the third division as a consequence and we are heading the same way.

You forgot to mention the fans who weren't happy with 10th place or thereabouts each season and were critical of a manager who got results but whose football (in their eyes) wasn't pretty to watch. A few of them could be heard at matches and in pubs before games. I bet they feel pretty stupid now.

You need to have a nap, you're starting to sound like Gordon.

Not wanting to go over old ground, but simply the fans played no part in gettng rid of West Hams manager, simple as that, it was a business decision, nothing more, nothing less, allegedly a crook and needed moving out.

Not wanting to go over old ground, but simply the fans played no part in gettng rid of West Hams manager, simple as that, it was a business decision, nothing more, nothing less, allegedly a crook and needed moving out.

I think that is the worrying thing Gav. Every business decision the Indian mob take turns out to be a disaster.

Tbf, I do think that the players gave 100% last night they just weren't good enough. Appleton is getting criticised for his tactics but, as I keep saying, the players aren't good enough to carry out any other tactic than hoofball. What's the point of Appleton drawing up a game plan of passing football when our players can't pass it! Look at what happened when we did try to pass it last night - it was embarrassing.

Maybe when we did it in amongst the aimless hoofing, but when we had a spell of getting the ball down and playing, we got some momentum going and the crowd responded to it as well.

Don't need to go that far back it's more like shades of Chris Samba. btw I was informed last night that in some poll or other N'Zonzi has been voted 8th best signing of this season!

Bloody criminal whats gone on here isn't it?

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Steven-Nzonzi-fifth-best-signing-year/story-18392197-detail/story.html#axzz2NWIPYURg

Actually it was the fifth best signing of the season, and the fifth best young player, as voted for by Prem managers.

I think that is the worrying thing Gav. Every business decision the Indian mob take turns out to be a disaster.

Very true Parson, but thats what it was, not fan power as some would have us believe :(

re the crowd, even in our pomp we wouldn't have got 20k for this on a wednesday night:

• many league clubs are seeing poor attendances (e.g. my local club Oxford has gone from 6.5k to 5k this season)
  • money is tight for a lot of people, we've had a lot of games recently
  • short notice
  • midweek
  • catchment area etc

Not to mention the biggest factor, being Venky's and the continual destruction of the club. The lack of quality and attacking intent also puts people off.

My biggest worry is that the anger of many fans is turning to apathy. Apathy is much harder to reverse as people just lose interest and do other things.

I presume you were one of the lot chanting for Sam's dismissal then. I was wrong when I said they must be feeling stupid now. The truth is they are all in denial.

Business decision ?

Mrs D was encouraged to sack Sam as soon as they took over (quote "we were going to sack him at the end of the season anyway so we thought why not do it now ?") by persons unknown. Where do you think these persons unknown who told her to sack him learnt that Sam was unpopular among a section of the support ?

I presume you were one of the lot chanting for Sam's dismissal then. I was wrong when I said they must be feeling stupid now. The truth is they are all in denial.

Well you presume wrong then don't you, but like I keep telling your mate Gordon, if you sling enough mud some will stick.

Business decision ?

Mrs D was encouraged to sack Sam as soon as they took over (quote "we were going to sack him at the end of the season anyway so we thought why not do it now ?") by persons unknown. Where do you think these persons unknown who told her to sack him learnt that Sam was unpopular among a section of the support ?

I think it was a business decision in the sense that Sam wouldn't entertain many of the players that Venkys and their advisors wanted to sign. Hence sack Sam and put Kean in charge and then we sign who we want. Sam would never have tolerated some woman in India trying to tell him how to do his job. From that point on every decision that Desai has made has been a disaster for the club.

I think it was a business decision in the sense that Sam wouldn't entertain many of the players that Venkys and their advisors wanted to sign. Hence sack Sam and put Kean in charge and then we sign who we want. Sam would never have tolerated some woman in India trying to tell him how to do his job. From that point on every decision that Desai has made has been a disaster for the club.

Lets not forget that Venkys had alledgedly been told Allardyce was a crook, that couldn't have helped matters.

Even if they hadn't sacked him he probably would have walked but the decision in my view was driven more by emotions than business. The dark forces who were advising Venky's would have told him he wasn't popular among a handful of supporters and his style of play was seen as unattractive by the same know-nothings. Sam as far as I know never met the new owners but even if he did meet them he probably rubbed them up the wrong way.

Lets not forget that Venkys had alledgedly been told Allardyce was a crook, that couldn't have helped matters.

Allegedly is the wrong place. Hope you've got a good lawyer.

re the crowd, even in our pomp we wouldn't have got 20k for this on a wednesday night:

• many league clubs are seeing poor attendances (e.g. my local club Oxford has gone from 6.5k to 5k this season)
  • short notice
  • midweek
  • catchment area etc

Not to mention the biggest factor, being Venky's and the continual destruction of the club. The lack of quality and attacking intent also puts people off.

My biggest worry is that the anger of many fans is turning to apathy. Apathy is much harder to reverse as people just lose interest and do other things.

Spot on and add the fact that it was Televised live...never helped our gates ever.

• short notice
  • midweek
  • catchment area etc

good point about apathy Howler.

Injuries or not, my personal take on it was that a lot of players last night had no fight or pride and looked unfit.

I like Appleton and whathe stands for but he made a right old KEAN up by not selecting Murphy for a central role last night.

Dann and Hanley looked ok, nervous but ok, Lowe was his useless self whilst Ollson 1 looked like his head was elsewhere.

King is clearly unfit and should not have been on the pitch.

Rhodes and Best had little service or back up to make an impression.

4-4-2 ? Then why were we playing hoofball ? Pederson, Ollson2 were passengers/bystanders ONLY Dunn did well in the middle.

Yes we are hurting but last night was a KEANING disgrace.

untill our midfield (both wide and central) is supported out we will always be on the back foot just like last night. This will not be fixed until the end of then season. but I do hope that this time it will be fixed by signing good young midfield players

Went to Ewood last night to watch such an appalling display from a Rovers team lacking in organisation,fighting spirit and skill.

We need two new full backs,two centre midfield players and two proper wingers also Grant Hanley and Jason Lowe will never be more than journeymen lower league players.Time for both David Dunn and Morten Pedersen to hang up their boots they have given the club years of decent service and i personally thank them for it but its time to go.

The manager Michael Appleton will not survive if the team continues in this vein,I have followed the rovers for almost sixty years and have never witnessed such a rapid destruction of the club both on and off the field.

I must also thank Parson Blue for his excellent match reports.

Archived