BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Guest Norbert

We were I believe, but some felt that they needed to take a different interpretation to try and say otherwise for whatever reason.

I do wish they'd hurry up and announce Bowyer. We all know he'll be getting this job so let's sort it out now so we can plan for next season. Why are these fools taking so long? Are they trying for Benitez or Maradona again?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thus proving what I said in the last post. You had been typing stuff that is probably nonsense, calling them Shebby fans etc. when I seriously cannot see them saying Shebby is much better than Shagnew, is competent etc. as you have been initmating in the last few pages. But if you want to divide people up into 'Shebby deviationists', 'Shagnew backing heretics' or whichever dogmatic terminology you choose don't let me stop you. Just because Gordon said he thought Shebby was a bit less of a snake than the others does not mean he thinks he is doing a good job. If he did, then I think we'd all be ringing to get him sectioned.

An over promoted idiot can be honest, a liar or somewhere in between, but they're still an idiot.

Wasting your time Norbert. The tit fetashist has obviously made his mind up.

Thus proving what I said in the last post. You had been typing stuff that is probably nonsense, calling them Shebby fans etc. when I seriously cannot see them saying Shebby is much better than Shagnew, is competent etc. as you have been initmating in the last few pages. But if you want to divide people up into 'Shebby deviationists', 'Shagnew backing heretics' or whichever dogmatic terminology you choose don't let me stop you. Just because Gordon said he thought Shebby was a bit less of a snake than the others does not mean he thinks he is doing a good job. If he did, then I think we'd all be ringing to get him sectioned.

An over promoted idiot can be honest, a liar or somewhere in between, but they're still an idiot.

And like *I* already stated, Drog has previous when it comes to this. Trying to apply some kind of moral relativity as to why Shebby is the lesser of two evils should be treated with all the derision it deserves.

Guest Norbert

I give up. Obviously you're lost in that mindset that affects many Communists, whereby you have to see 'enemies, traitors, revisionists and deviationists' in anyone you have even the most minor ideological or personal difference with. I'll just stick to looking at your pictures of boobs.

Anyway, back on topic, has this new D of F structure become any closer to being verified as a true story?

Can we all agree, none of them are fit for purpose?

I'd like to think that all Rovers fans agree on this but my impressions from this forum over the last few years seem to indicate otherwise, maybe a poll on the three as a group not as individuals would clarify this. All out for me.

I give up. Obviously you're lost in that mindset that affects many Communists, whereby you have to see 'enemies, traitors, revisionists and deviationists' in anyone you have even the most minor ideological or personal difference with. I'll just stick to looking at your pictures of boobs.

What in the jumping Jehoshaphat are you prattling on about?

A reminder, this is the Bowyer topic.

I still can't believe that any of us are advocating appointing yet another manager with zero proven track record of successfully managing in the top half of the championship.

Some of us are actively saying that due to Bowyer's caretaker record, he should be promoted to manager of the club with arguably the biggest budget in the division. Never managed a club, at any level, never bought or sold a single player, just been the ONLY person left at the club who could possibly be given the caretaker role. These are the credentials of the person we are charging with the responsibility of achieving promotion whilst we still have the funds to mount a serious challenge.

It's utter madness, and probable commercial suicide.

I must state that I like Bowyer and respect what he has done for the club, especially in the last 6 months, and it is not his fault he is in the frame, although I was concerned by some of his comments when we dropped into the relegation places. No-one has any idea what he is like under the kind of pressure he will face after 3 straight defeats, or a mass exodus of talent, or the untenable position all Rovers managers are faced with at the moment. I think he has the potential to be a good manager but we have seen that this job is not suited to someone commencing their managerial apprenticeship.

I repeat, this situation requires an experienced head who will attract immediate respect and steadily move us forwards as the circus continues in the boardroom. We really need to be agreed on this if nothing else.

In my opinion Shebby is an honest fool; self-serving and deluded but well-intentioned. End result, however, is he's made too many mistakes and should be gone.

I have a much lower opinion of Shaw and Agnew.

I like Gary Bowyer and think he's the best we can hope for considering Venkys track record with managers. I can't help but think his (and the Rovers') prospects would be enormously improved if Shaw, Agnew and Shebby were removed.

Guest Norbert

A reminder, this is the Bowyer topic.

I still can't believe that any of us are advocating appointing yet another manager with zero proven track record of successfully managing in the top half of the championship.

Some of us are actively saying that due to Bowyer's caretaker record, he should be promoted to manager of the club with arguably the biggest budget in the division. Never managed a club, at any level, never bought or sold a single player, just been the ONLY person left at the club who could possibly be given the caretaker role. These are the credentials of the person we are charging with the responsibility of achieving promotion whilst we still have the funds to mount a serious challenge.

It's utter madness, and probable commercial suicide.

I must state that I like Bowyer and respect what he has done for the club, especially in the last 6 months, and it is not his fault he is in the frame, although I was concerned by some of his comments when we dropped into the relegation places. No-one has any idea what he is like under the kind of pressure he will face after 3 straight defeats, or a mass exodus of talent, or the untenable position all Rovers managers are faced with at the moment. I think he has the potential to be a good manager but we have seen that this job is not suited to someone commencing their managerial apprenticeship.

I repeat, this situation requires an experienced head who will attract immediate respect and steadily move us forwards as the circus continues in the boardroom. We really need to be agreed on this if nothing else.

I can see where you're coming from, but I cannot see any other alternatives than hope he continues in the same vein. I dread to think who that various factions at the boardroom would go for. Or how long it would take to make that decision.

In my opinion Shebby is an honest fool; self-serving and deluded but well-intentioned. End result, however, is he's made too many mistakes and should be gone.I have a much lower opinion of Shaw and Agnew.I like Gary Bowyer and think he's the best we can hope for considering Venkys track record with managers. I can't help but think his (and the Rovers') prospects would be enormously improved if Shaw, Agnew and Shebby were removed.

Yes, agree with all that. Looks like you are as bonkers as me! I'd have like to see us advertise the managers position and see what came in but, given the Raos track record, you're probably right.

Please answer why you think appointing someone who has never managed a club at any level should be considered to commence his apprenticeship here?

It is as big a risk as the appointment of Kean, why are we so seemingly cool to repeat this massively risky course of action.

Guest Norbert

I guess it is because he saved us this season in spite of the pillocks in and around the club, and that the thought of some sort of Shebby Singh/Judian Ali dream team is never that far from people's minds. Someone like Kenny Jackett for example, might be good at stabilising things for a couple of seasons, and is probably cheap. Schuster, Rafa, Rangnik etc. are just dreams.

Please answer why you think appointing someone who has never managed a club at any level should be considered to commence his apprenticeship here?

It is as big a risk as the appointment of Kean, why are we so seemingly cool to repeat this massively risky course of action.

Gary Bowyer is at least competent based on the 12 or so games he's been in charge, possibly much better than that.

He's acceptable as I can easily imagine the type of manager Venkys would otherwise employ. I shudder at the thought.

Are there managers I would prefer? Yes, many. But I have no faith Venkys would hire anyone more competent that Gary Bowyer.

Anyway, back on topic, has this new D of F structure become any closer to being verified as a true story?

Give it up Norbert. Can't see the wood for the trees some folk and others refuse to even look for it. Such irrationality reminds me of the people who were so glad to be rid of Allardyce that they fell in love with Steve Kean and his sharply honed tactical nous after that away win at WBA.

• Backroom

It's nowhere near the kean risk! Kean had never managed any team anywhere, while we've seen Team GB first hand in 2 separate spells.

I'm not suggesting he's perfect but in the circumstances I'd be happy for him to be appointed. To bracket him with Kean (when he has more ability, integrity and has been here for a decade) is absurd imo.

Guest Norbert

At a stretch, we can say he's had experience managing the reserves and/or the youth team. Obviously not at all ideal, but it must be a different kind of experience from being say, a first team coach or a BBC man like Steve Kean or Brian Kidd.

Gary Bowyer is at least competent based on the 12 or so games he's been in charge, possibly much better than that.

He's acceptable as I can easily imagine the type of manager Venkys would otherwise employ. I shudder at the thought.

Are there managers I would prefer? Yes, many. But I have no faith Venkys would hire anyone more competent that Gary Bowyer.

Venkys history on finding managers is awful, at least with Bowyer we know based on the games he has been in charge that there is a chance of him delivering. Lets face it Bowyers last spell in charge could not have been more pressurized and difficult, yet he seemed to cope very well with the pressure. His knowledge of youth players (not just ours) is excellent. He comes across as a decent man who cares and is passionate.

If he has anything to do with targeting Taylor at millwall then I personally think its a good sign, solid all round player who can cross and works very hard. Rhodes would benefit from having someone who could actually deliver a cross. Taylor does work hard and if we have the same hard working centre mid that we had towards end of the season then it would allow us to utilise more luxury players like Rochina.

• Backroom

At a stretch, we can say he's had experience managing the reserves and/or the youth team. Obviously not at all ideal, but it must be a different kind of experience from being say, a first team coach or a BBC man like Steve Kean or Brian Kidd.

I see it as good because it means he's never been 'mates' with the players, as coaches often are. He's been reserve manager and separate from player coaching.

I see it as good because it means he's never been 'mates' with the players, as coaches often are. He's been reserve manager and separate from player coaching.

but every player has said he's a good bloke, they get along with him well etc etc. There will be loads of cross-over between the ressies and the 1st team and they'll all know him well. This transition will make or break us.

but every player has said he's a good bloke, they get along with him well etc etc. There will be loads of cross-over between the ressies and the 1st team and they'll all know him well. This transition will make or break us.

I would rather see players respect a manager but at the same time fear them instead of being all pally with them and him being seen as one of the lads. Players said similar things about Kean, for example being a nice bloke but he never had their respect deep down.

Guest Norbert

McClaren is/was a bit like that too. Especially when he was England manager, with 'Becks' and 'Stevie G'. It was a bit cringe worthy.

I like Bowyer and will back him, many things go in his favour but if im being honest i think i would prefer a tough experienced manager coming in and kicking some ass and taking control of the dressing room. This squad needs motivating, discipline and most of all flogged like never before to get them fit for next season. Also work on the mental strength side as well, all these things are the main ingredients in this division and were missing last season. Bowyer seems decent tactically but can he deliver the other stuff. I get the impression again that a lot of players and people in power still think at Ewood they can football their way out of this division with the squad we have just like the beggining of last season. It won't happen.

An awful lot of players liked Kean, not just the ones he signed being payed to say so but the others who he'd coached. Simple reason he was far to soft and pally with them we never saw coco ranting at them on the touchline but Bowyer has lost it a few times during his second spell. Hopefully he's tougher than we think.

Hopefully. I'm slightly wary of that fact they all call him 'Gaz' though, but I imagine the respect is there considering how Jones, Hanley, Henley etc have all made it into the first team after working with him.

Also players respect managers when they get results so if he does get tougher with them at some point, hopefully they trust that he knows what he's doing and respond.

If Kean tried it, you'd be like, "What's this clown on about, it's his fault we haven't won in 10 games".

I just want us to appoint a manager that we're going to stick with.

Bowyer has proved he can get results, the players know and like him and we wouldn't have to pay anything so it's the most sensible option.

Outside of him, who could we actually get? I heard a rumour a little while ago that Shebby was eyeing Nigel Pearson from Leicester who I wouldn't mind, he seemed to sneak Leicester into the play-offs after all.

Archived