BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Guest Norbert

I bet he's the life and sole of the party though Aberdeen Blue. Let's hope for his sake that he never gets collared by the police for drink driving afterwards, like Kean. Prison wouldn't suit a man like him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets be honest unless there's a change of ownership GB will be the best we can hope for cos no one worth there salt is going to work for this circus especially with Shebby lurking around

Today's LT reporting we missed out on Baptiste and the headline of Chris Flanagan's column is "Why are we still waiting ?"

Apparently contracts have been finalised and a press statement has been prepared but still no go ahead from Venkys.

Today's LT reporting we missed out on Baptiste and the headline of Chris Flanagan's column is "Why are we still waiting ?"

Apparently contracts have been finalised and a press statement has been prepared but still no go ahead from Venkys.

no shock we are still waiting for Venkys is. we need the manager situation, season tickets and next season's shirts sorting out.

Also the LT is saying that Bowyer is after Oldham's striker Matt Smith who is out of contract this summer. He's a target man type of striker and I think he scored against Liverpool in this season FA cup.

Also the Daily Mirror is now reporting in today's newspaper that Gary Bowyer hopes to be named as the new Blackburn boss today and end the club's transfer stalemate. Bowyer wants to sign David Jones from Wigan on a free

Why are the LT backing Bowyer so much?

I don't think he'd be everyone's first choice, given how it went with the string of coaches we've appointed over the last 2 years.

don't think they are to be honest.

they have been reporting that Bowyer is likely to be next permanent manager

Is that he wants to, or is set to sign?

wants to. would be good signings.

Bowyer seems to be looking to sign out of contract players. so far Bowyer has lined up Taylor, Judge, Eastwood and wants to line up to sign Jones and Smith.

I think Rhodes(and Williamson to an extent) has shown that the difference player quality from league 1 to the championship is nowhere near as large as the drop down from prem to championship.

Definitely. Signing the best players from League One (which Judge certainly is) is a very good idea at this level.

I think Smith is a decent wildcard option from the bench. We had absolutely no plan B last season. Last 10 minutes, throw Smith on and hope Rhodes can profit from the chaos he causes. It works at this level. Obviously you don't want to build the team around him.

I really hope we can sign Jones. If we can go into next season with him and Williamson we know we've got a solid base. Hopefully we can get rid of some of the high earners and add some quality to these solid ones.

and getting them on the cheap(likely just a signing on fee and a championship salary) Cant really complain(though there's always a few :( gits), We do still need a real leader(or 2) in the team though(Primarily in defence imo)which would likely cost real money.

The real tests will be keeping hold of our best players(not that there's to many of them) and getting shut of as many of the useless leaches from the squad as possible.

Archived