BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, does anyone remember David Allin back 1978. He waged a one man campaign against Jim Iley..

This guy does look very young to be up against a regime that is so riddled with secrecy, denial and deceit ( add your own nouns). Don't let's turn on him, as an individual, though. I sense that the whole LT is a very different kind of paper these days. All the Presidents Men... NOT

Allin was dynamite and, metaphorically, would have blown this lot to pieces by now.

A club no longer worth supporting. The core of 8 or 9 thousand will remain loyal but the rest of the 12 thousand or so of us have sadly seen sense and can stomach no more and have 'moved on'.

Allin was dynamite and, metaphorically, would have blown this lot to pieces by now.

A club no longer worth supporting. The core of 8 or 9 thousand will remain loyal but the rest of the 12 thousand or so of us have sadly seen sense and can stomach no more and have 'moved on'.

Fair weather fan now Mercer? Shame on you!

Why have you moved on dude?

You promised us venkyscum are leaving .. I still offer you 50 or have you rubbed the drawing out you drew for me?

This is now getting beyond ridiculous (even by Venky's very high standards for chaotic decision making).

Bowyer thinks that he has a deal in place to be the new manager, so do people at the club. Yet this hasn't been approved by the owners yet. There are people/agents contacting Pune direct to try and get their clients the Rovers job. On top of this, Bowyer is looking to sign up players but he can't because at the moment he isn't approved as manager. He has already missed out on Baptiste, might lose Dave Jones (who won't even consider Rovers until a new manager is confirmed). Meanwhile, Judge and Taylor deals are only verbal at this stage.

This cannot continue, no club can function properly if decision making is so complicated and slow. At this rate pre-season is going to be ruined and if it is then we can kiss goodbye to next season already.

Venky's have either got to speed up their decision making or devolve it back to Ewood.

In my opinion, there is more chance of Coyle being appointed Rovers' manager than Bowyer !

Mercerman, why do you think Coyle??? wasn't he suppose to become in April as manager according to you.

Personally, I think Bowyer should get the job after keeping us up and he seems to be given the go-ahead to lined up players like Taylor, Judge and Eastwood. plus speaking to other potential players aswell Bowyer would want to bring in.

The owners are just TOO SLOW in making simple and urgent decisions that a Football club needs to make. one of the owners should be over here making day to day decisions until they appoint a CEO they ALL the owners trust to run the club for them.

There are people/agents contacting Pune direct to try and get their clients the Rovers job.

This cannot continue, no club can function properly if decision making is so complicated and slow. At this rate pre-season is going to be ruined and if it is then we can kiss goodbye to next season already.

Venky's have either got to speed up their decision making or devolve it back to Ewood

who love to know who these Agents are and which managers they are suggesting

The players are back in a month or so for pre-season training and the managers needs a couple of weeks before this to bring in staff and transfers in and out.

don't think Venkys get how they are wrecking our promotion hopes with this such a SLOW decisions making process.

But Venkys weren't slow to get rid of Appleton and his backroom staff or Berg, Black, Brunskill or Mimms or even Paul Hunt but a certain former manager, who the owners wouldn't sacked him even after a full stadium chanting for him to be so.

The Venkys are too indecisive for 99.9% of the time - I agree. However for certain sackings / appointments they sure as hell don't hang about. See Appleton for an example for both.

I get the feeling that they'll appoint one of these 'recommendations' on a whim and we won't see it coming once more. Everything should point to Bowyer, which is why it probably won't be.

They are indecisive idiots, but they can be impulsive one's too.

Do the owners want a revolt.

if they appoint an ex Burnley manager then the players will be playing in front 3 to 4k at Home. then losing more money.

Mercerman, why do you think Coyle??? wasn't he suppose to become in April as manager according to you.

I've never got this. He relegated them, went to a club delusional Burnley fans probably think aren't any bigger, and then they got relegated. Burnley fans hate him, isn't the enemy of our enemy a friend?

any word why it hasn't been confirmed still? is bowyer still on holiday?

Bowyer is back from Holiday last week.

he was expecting it to be confirmed as Permanent manager last week.

Bowyer has been meeting players to try to get them to sign for us but cant sign anyone unless he is confirm as manager

funny, how another friendly has been lined with Crewe for preseason but who is setting these games up when we don't have a Permanent manager?

who has lined up the rest of these friendlies aswell?

I would put money on it not being Bowyer and I effectively have !

Coyle is 12/1 with Sky Bet and 66/1 with BetVictor. Hmmm !

This is now getting beyond ridiculous (even by Venky's very high standards for chaotic decision making).

Bowyer thinks that he has a deal in place to be the new manager, so do people at the club. Yet this hasn't been approved by the owners yet. There are people/agents contacting Pune direct to try and get their clients the Rovers job. On top of this, Bowyer is looking to sign up players but he can't because at the moment he isn't approved as manager. He has already missed out on Baptiste, might lose Dave Jones (who won't even consider Rovers until a new manager is confirmed). Meanwhile, Judge and Taylor deals are only verbal at this stage.

Venky's have either got to speed up their decision making or devolve it back to Ewood.

Evidently it will continue.

Venky's are running Rovers as though we are an IPL franchise.

These 'people at the club' must be Shagnew as they are the only ones who could try to force something like this through.

I don't believe for one minute that Shebby wants Bowyer as if he did it would signify that Balaji was on board meaning there would be a consensus.

Terrible way to run the club and terrible treatment of Bowyer.

Even if he eventually gets the nod his reign is likely to be tenuous and there will be people trying to get rid at the first sign of a bad patch.

Even if he eventually gets the nod his reign is likely to be tenuous and there will be people trying to get rid at the first sign of a bad patch.

Agreed. Even if there wasnt opposition from the inside (i.e. Shagnew & Shebby right behind Bowyer) the external influences would be huge. A couple of defeats and these 'agents' would be advising them to pot Bowyer and appoint their candidate. It's going to be one long season.

It's on the ticker at the bottom of the screen "Sky Sources: Blackburn to appoint Gary Bowyer as manager on a permanent basis". However it didn't give which month or year.

Andrew Cryer @andrew_cryer 5m

Im afraid to say Bowyer has not yet been appointed manager despite reports. He is still waiting - hopefully won't be long

It's on the ticker at the bottom of the screen "Sky Sources: Blackburn to appoint Gary Bowyer as manager on a permanent basis". However it didn't give which month or year.

Venky's have got some kind of love affair with Sky so expect they have tipped them off before anyone else.

Despite reports Bowyer has NOT yet been confirmed as manager. People at club think that it might happen this afternoon (and I suspect that is the source for Sky), but it was meant to happen last Friday and it didn't.

With Venky's until officially confirmed I would urge caution.

Archived