BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

I really haven't seen a better choice than Bowyer at the moment given the way the club is running.

There are some positives

• He has been around the club for a long time and as such can maybe bring back some continuity.
  • He has a successful and proven track record with the youth players at the club. Given that these are likely to form the backbone of the team this next season that is a really important aspect.
  • His win/loss percentage is wonderful in comparison to Kean/Berg/Appleton (ok that's maybe an easy win for him)
  • He is available and willing to take over at Ewood and already knows what he will face from the Comedy of Errors above him.
  • He has an easy style and shows the right sort of involvement for our manager when on the touchline.
  • He comes with a set of assistants who are equally available and committed to Rovers.
  • He already knows the squad in depth.

Of course he is relatively untested but he will have the chance to put a stamp on the team in the close season. I think the likes of Eastwood (a very promising young keeper), Taylor (right sort of player for the Championship) and Judge (discarded too soon by Rovers) are all sensible and cheap additions. If he's been talking to Baptiste then he is working in the right direction.

Anyway, time will tell but he has my backing, then again so did a swathe of previous managers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely, the problem for Bowyer (and us) is that as soon as he's appointed manager he is on a countdown to the sack if the three stooges are still 'in charge' and at loggerheads.

His 10 years service to Rovers will be gone since he'll be sacked and forced to leave the club with Singh, Shaw & Agnew (what does this fella do, remind me?) at war with each other.

With the owners hiring and firing outside appointees at will, as they have continually done, better by far to leave Bowyer in his current job so at least there can be some continuity on the training pitch.

That or bring back Tony Parkes....

If I'm in the stands I'll give Bowyer the same support I've given every Rovers manager. But just as I raise concerns in private with my bosses choices, I raise my concerns on here with my clubs. I hope he goes on to be the light at the end of the tunnel but he wouldn't have been my 1st choice as it's yet another devisive decision by the club. I'm actually beginning to think forcing fans to leave the club is part of the plan? Fingers crossed on Bowyer, time will tell.

I have thought that for a long time. So that they can wind the club up and make money. Sell off remaining assets etc. One reason why I oppose the boycott.

Bowyer was meeting with Alex Baptiste yesterday to try to sign him for us. look like we miss out on him tho, signing for Bolton now. source is Alan Nixon.

The Owners need to appoint Bowyer as manager today. us not having a manager is affecting us with signings.

Baptiste would be a good signing for us.

The source is doing his bit for Bolton.

Bowyer was meeting with Alex Baptiste yesterday to try to sign him for us. look like we miss out on him tho, signing for Bolton now. source is Alan Nixon.

The Owners need to appoint Bowyer as manager today. us not having a manager is affecting us with signings.

Baptiste would be a good signing for us.

I'd take a break from Nixon if I was you.

Just taking a look at Gary Bowyers career - Nottingham Forest etc. Am I the only one in thinking he looks like Clough?

Really don't know what to make of this appointment - Very genuine guy, loves the club. But as has been pointed out before, there is a huge difference between caretaker manager and full-time manager. The responsibility is his now, nowhere to hide.

Could be an interesting summer. Just hope everything can settle down now and we can get on with it. Who am I kidding?

Farce that the owners can't even get this right. If Bowyer is to be the man then they should have denied the Sherwood story outright cos if Bowyer gets it now he'll be seen as forever second choice and that he was not a unanimous appointment. Not a good start and the smoke signals sent out are just about the worst PR possible ... and especially for someone who reckons to make a living from PR. 1st class keaners aren't they?

Just taking a look at Gary Bowyers career - Nottingham Forest etc. Am I the only one in thinking he looks like Clough?

Really don't know what to make of this appointment - Very genuine guy, loves the club. But as has been pointed out before, there is a huge difference between caretaker manager and full-time manager. The responsibility is his now, nowhere to hide.

Could be an interesting summer. Just hope everything can settle down now and we can get on with it. Who am I kidding?

he hasnt been appointed yet !!

Farce that the owners can't even get this right. If Bowyer is to be the man then they should have denied the Sherwood story outright cos if Bowyer gets it now he'll be seen as forever second choice and that he was not a unanimous appointment. Not a good start and the smoke signals sent out are just about the worst PR possible ... and especially for someone who reckons to make a living from PR. 1st class keaners aren't they?

How do you know for a fact that its not one of the main player football agents at Rovers, who's feeding Alan Nixon information as opposed to Agnew or any other known club member ?

Guest Norbert

I doubt we will be able to afford Jackett, as Venky's have probably trousered our parachute money already. Am I right in saying his teams like to press, and he has old fashioned defenders who can leather it? The football may be a bit limited, but his tactics may allow him to have something up his sleeve by allowing Rochina or Dunn to play off the cuff and he'll probably get the guys playing for their shirt again.

I think I had better button it now otherwise I might get a belting.

Archived