BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Name one 'experienced manager' who you think will join Rovers at this current point in time and certain they will do a better job than Bowyer

I hate this, i see it all the time.

It's just your opinion against someone else's as to whether or not a manager would join Rovers. Unless you know these managers personally.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about the club actually advertises the job for the first time since Venky's took over and see who applies. I think you would be surprised at some of the names who put their name forward for the job, especially those with something to prove and looking to get back into management.

Don't get me wrong I would love for that to happen but Venkys can't see there arse from their elbow. I just feel Bowyer given what he produced last season seems to be a sensible, stable choice.

How about the club actually advertises the job for the first time since Venky's took over and see who applies. I think you would be surprised at some of the names who put their name forward for the job, especially those with something to prove and looking to get back into management.

Advertise! What on earth for? It's hardly necessary to advertise is it? Do you not think any interested managers / their agents would not already have thrown their hats into the ring? It's common knowledge that we are operating under a temporary caretaker manager.

I hate this, i see it all the time.

It's just your opinion against someone else's as to whether or not a manager would join Rovers. Unless you know these managers personally.

Agreed but the point of my question was given Abbey appears to be so against the Bowyer appointment i was interested to see who he thought would be a reasonable alternative.

Gary Bowyer seems like the common sense decision to me.

Those still hoping for a suitable, competent and experienced manager to be appointed presumably haven't been paying attention to all the other Venky managerial appointments. Plenty of experienced managers have been in the frame before but they don't get appointed. That's the point.

We may get lucky one day, but the chances of that are likely to be less than those of Gary Bowyer succeeding, given his track record, it seems to me. That's the judgment that has to be made.

No guarantees that Bowyer will succeed, there never are. But given the ineptitude of the setup at Ewood, I'll take Bowyer as a managerial appointment. He's done well, he's done all that has been asked, he seems a good chap and he's a proper footballing man with a bit of passion.

Name one experience one who has said they wont

Let me put it this way, I can't see them queuing at the door. We have a wonderful club and from what I hear and read great facilities but given the treatment and running of the club by Venkys I just can't see an appointment that the majority of supporters would be in favor of signing up.

For the record I would love to see Hughes back but at this point in time I just can't see it happening.

Just my opinion of course

Schuster apparently .Sven .. There's loads if the coin was waved , don't be naive . Even Kamy has said there's agents touting their clients .

The question is why did they not eventuate. It just appears people like yourself are not prepared to give Bowyer a fair crack of the whip because of Venkys ineptitude to do anything right by the club. Your entitled to your opinion and that's what this board is about. I think Bowyer is the right move at this point in time given reasons I have already stated and if I was able to attend games would back him unless results and performances were poor over an extended period of time. The man genuinely cares for the well being of the club and I'm sure well do everything he can to steady the ship on the pitch at least

Let me put it this way, I can't see them queuing at the door. We have a wonderful club and from what I hear and read great facilities but given the treatment and running of the club by Venkys I just can't see an appointment that the majority of supporters would be in favor of signing up.

For the record I would love to see Hughes back but at this point in time I just can't see it happening.

Just my opinion of course

I can't see a queue of turned us down either. I'm against venkys breathing that's all.

Once again, I find myself in awe of Venky's organisational structure they've put in place at Ewood. Smooth operators for sure.

It's a farce, and nothing good ever comes froma farce.

If Bowyer gets it, I reckon he'll be binned by Christmas, just a feeling I have.

Will be pleased with this when (hopefully not if) it is announced shortly.

People will draw comparisons with Kean, but there's a huge difference between the two in their personalities and mentalities. GB is a man who has been with Rovers for years and has affection for the club. All Kean wanted was to be noticed and praised to cover up for his previous failings.

Yes he might fail, but he also might be a success in steadying the ship.

Having already sorted out a couple of players that seem to be hard workers and play for the team and not themselves, I think GB may well have the right eye for a player that can succeed at Championship level.

There's actually some decent managers available right now, but I highly doubt that any of them would want to go near our train-wreck of a club.

Can we just appoint Bowyer and be done with it please. Honestly, every few months we hear that the club will do this and that, and it never gets bloody done. Still no manager news, you can't buy a season ticket if you tried, no news on a kit. Calling it a circus isn't damning enough! An absolute joke.

The question is why did they not eventuate. It just appears people like yourself are not prepared to give Bowyer a fair crack of the whip because of Venkys ineptitude to do anything right by the club. Your entitled to your opinion and that's what this board is about. I think Bowyer is the right move at this point in time given reasons I have already stated and if I was able to attend games would back him unless results and performances were poor over an extended period of time. The man genuinely cares for the well being of the club and I'm sure well do everything he can to steady the ship on the pitch at least

no ones disputing Bowyers love for the club, commitment etc etc. But from the day this lot have arrived we have choosen managers with little to no experience and not one has come close to working out. You can't blame people for drawing comparisons as Bowyer is inexperienced as a 1st team manager. The other aspect is we are losing our safety net by promoting Bowyer, his results meant we survived and now if he doesn't cut the mustard we've lost that. There are a lot of unanswered questions hanging over Bowyer, ones which we'll soon have the answers too as becoming the manager permently is very different to coming in for a few games, when the players etc are low. It'll be an interesting ride and everyone hopes he's a success but he'll be the 4th rookie we've tried under Venky's and everyone has failed so far, fingers crossed Bowyer bucks the trend, but people have a right to be sceptical given whats happened to date.

no ones disputing Bowyers love for the club, commitment etc etc. But from the day this lot have arrived we have choosen managers with little to no experience and not one has come close to working out. You can't blame people for drawing comparisons as Bowyer is inexperienced as a 1st team manager. The other aspect is we are losing our safety net by promoting Bowyer, his results meant we survived and now if he doesn't cut the mustard we've lost that. There are a lot of unanswered questions hanging over Bowyer, ones which we'll soon have the answers too as becoming the manager permently is very different to coming in for a few games, when the players etc are low. It'll be an interesting ride and everyone hopes he's a success but he'll be the 4th rookie we've tried under Venky's and everyone has failed so far, fingers crossed Bowyer bucks the trend, but people have a right to be sceptical given whats happened to date.

Every manager was a novice at one stage. They all had start from scratch. Bowyer is starting to gain his experience now. Tony Parkes hadn't managed before, but when called upon did ok - not brilliant, but ok. Bowyer has been with the club for a long time, knows many of the players. For keeping Rovers in the championship last season, I suggest he has earned the chance that he has been given. Yes most would want an experienced manager in now. But it has not happened. I think Bowyer deserves the support from all Rovers supporters.

No he's highly experienced and proven . I wonder where people can buy these blue tinted chicken smelling glasses from . They must be extremely dark and cause extreme memory loss.

Chicken smelling glasses!!! At last something on the message board which has piqued my interest.

Bowyer was meeting with Alex Baptiste yesterday to try to sign him for us. look like we miss out on him tho, signing for Bolton now. source is Alan Nixon.

The Owners need to appoint Bowyer as manager today. us not having a manager is affecting us with signings.

Baptiste would be a good signing for us.

Bowyer was meeting with Alex Baptiste yesterday to try to sign him for us. look like we miss out on him tho, signing for Bolton now. source is Alan Nixon.

The Owners need to appoint Bowyer as manager today. us not having a manager is affecting us with signings.

Baptiste would be a good signing for us.

There are a lot of things affecting us with signings.... worst owners in football, circus of a Board....

Every manager was a novice at one stage. They all had start from scratch. Bowyer is starting to gain his experience now. Tony Parkes hadn't managed before, but when called upon did ok - not brilliant, but ok. Bowyer has been with the club for a long time, knows many of the players. For keeping Rovers in the championship last season, I suggest he has earned the chance that he has been given. Yes most would want an experienced manager in now. But it has not happened. I think Bowyer deserves the support from all Rovers supporters.

If I'm in the stands I'll give Bowyer the same support I've given every Rovers manager. But just as I raise concerns in private with my bosses choices, I raise my concerns on here with my clubs. I hope he goes on to be the light at the end of the tunnel but he wouldn't have been my 1st choice as it's yet another devisive decision by the club. I'm actually beginning to think forcing fans to leave the club is part of the plan? Fingers crossed on Bowyer, time will tell.

The irony here is that it looks safe to conclude that it's the least popular of the hierachy trying to get Bowyer appointed,i.e. Shagnew, whilst Shebby is rallying for Sherwood.

After that misleading headline this morning it may as well be Agnew writing the LT articles.

Comments like that in the media don't help anybody. May 22nd and it's "dragging on too long"?

Players and agents are on holiday. Some clubs have decided on their managers future yet. There is no rush to make an appointment. Even if it takes us a month that's still the middle of June.

Bowyer himself said a couple of weeks back he wanted the issue resolved ASAP.

If they want Bowyer, then sign him up now, there's no contract to break, it should be incredibly easy. I think the problem is that they don't know what they want. The sooner you get your man in, the sooner the club has a figurehead, direction and strategy. What's to gain by sitting on your hands? Nothing.

Archived