BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Absolutely no idea if true, but a few people have told me that the plan is to appoint Bowyer as head coach and it to bring in a general manager/director of football (not Shebby) who is experienced and will work with Gary on transfers etc. In addition to this bring in an experienced football administrator. On top of this pyramid would be Shebby to whom everyone will report to, he in turn will be the only one authorised to communicate with the owners.

That is the plan from what people are telling me. Not had it verified yet from any sources in Pune.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Sounds like a decent idea...................until you read that Shebby will be the man at the top of the pyramid.

Absolutely no idea if true, but a few people have told me that the plan is to appoint Bowyer as head coach and it to bring in a general manager/director of football (not Shebby) who is experienced and will work with Gary on transfers etc. In addition to this bring in an experienced football administrator. On top of this pyramid would be Shebby to whom everyone will report to, he in turn will be the only one authorised to communicate with the owners.

That is the plan from what people are telling me. Not had it verified yet from any sources in Pune.

Wouldn't that cost more money than just simply employing an experienced manager? I also can't see Bowyer going for that, I get the impression that now he has had that taste of football management he wants a manager role and not a head coach one. If Rovers don't offer it then perhaps he will go elsewhere?

Never been a fan of that system in the past, but given that Bowyer seems to be able to motivate and organise someone else's players then it could work in this situation.

Obviously it completely depends on who comes in above Bowyer. I can't imagine anyone of any standing in the game wanting to get involved with this train wreck. It'll probably be someone experienced who's been away from the game for a while. David Pleat, Graham Taylor. Someone like that.

I've thought all along that Singh was angling for a position of real power at Rovers and even though you don't know if it's true it has a ring of possibility about it. How this idiot could be top of any management pyramid defies all logic, it would just be the nightmare scenario becoming reality.

Obviously Shebby's idea, designed to keep himself in control. There's one cheaper and better way - appoint a good manager and have him report to the chairman/chief exec. Get rid of Singh, he's not needed and has nothing to offer.

Obviously Shebby's idea, designed to keep himself in control. There's one cheaper and better way - appoint a good manager and have him report to the chairman/chief exec. Get rid of Singh, he's not needed and has nothing to offer.

Good idea Den. Unfortunately it all falls down cos that man is Derek Shaw who is the puppet of Paul Agnew who is the puppet of the Fat Controller. And his avarice is one of the the main reasons that we got into this Godawful mess.

Just as an aside I'll give you my honesty ratings out of 10 for the three stooges .........

Paul Agnew..... 1

Derek Shaw .....4

Shebby Singh....5

Anybody else fancy a go?

Good idea Den. Unfortunately it all falls down cos that man is Derek Shaw who is the puppet of Paul Agnew who is the puppet of the Fat Controller. And his avarice is one of the the main reasons that we got into this Godawful mess.

Just as an aside I'll give you my honesty ratings out of 10 for the three stooges .........

Paul Agnew..... 1

Derek Shaw .....4

Shebby Singh....5

Anybody else fancy a go?

Singh 5?

It's the right way to go Gordon, we all know that. If not Shaw though, then replace him with someone else. The structure that Kamy has heard about is far too costly and can only cause confusion.

Interestingly, Mike Ferguson is saying the first person that needs to go is Singh

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10415013.Ferguson__I_can___t_see_anything_changing_until_Venky___s_decide_to_leave/

Rafa seems a sensible bloke who picks and chooses carefully what he takes on so i doubt he'd tar himself with the Venky brush :( Probably get a crack at another Prem club by christmas, then again if he's desperate he might come !

Guest Norbert

Rafa coming is one of those 'If he does, I'll parade around Blackburn town centre in a chicken costume singing the Danish national anthem' rumours-i.e. so far fetched it is nonsensical.

Sounds like the agents and owners pick the players whilst the coach just gets on with what hes got and does the job.

Everyone keeps saying GB alone, but isnt it team GB, with Terry McPhilips and Tony Grant.

Rafa coming is one of those 'If he does, I'll parade around Blackburn town centre in a chicken costume singing the Danish national anthem' rumours-i.e. so far fetched it is nonsensical.

Embarrassing too.

Paul Agnew..... 1

Derek Shaw .....4

Shebby Singh....5

Anybody else fancy a go?

Mine would be:

Agnew - 1/10 (1 point for being a Rovers fan)

Shaw - 2/10 (2 points for having done the job somewhere before)

Singh - 0/10 (no redeeming qualities or talent to offer whatsoever)

As long as Singh is here, things will continue to get worse.

He clearly has the ear of Venky's and they trust him, and they don't seem to trust anyone else.

So, as long as Venky's are here, Singh is here.

Venky's show no inclination to sell.

We are doomed.

Paul Agnew..... 1

Derek Shaw .....4

Shebby Singh....5

Anybody else fancy a go?

Why do you insist on making apologies for that jackass?

No doubt you were one of the clapping seals suckered in by Singh during that cringey Fans Forum. I thought his actions thereafter would've awoken most to what a crass, blundering, egomaniac he truly is, but alas not. It doesn't matter who relative to whom has spouted the most drivel. They're all complicit in their own way for our current plight and none of them are fit for purpose. Which means that either way, we're all screwed in the outcome of this board-room struggle.

• Backroom

Why do you insist on making apologies for that jackass?

No doubt you were one of the clapping seals suckered in by Singh during that cringey Fans Forum. I thought his actions thereafter would've awoken most to what a crass, blundering, egomaniac he truly is, but alas not. It doesn't matter who relative to whom has spouted the most drivel. They're all complicit in their own way for our current plight and none of them are fit for purpose. Which means that either way, we're all screwed in the outcome of this board-room struggle.

Tbf, just because Shebby is an incompetent blundering fool, doesn't mean he is dishonest.

This sounds good in theory (well except that tiny part concerning Shebby Singh) but the whole director of football-concept doesn't exactly have a splendid track record in English football...

Never been a fan of that system in the past, but given that Bowyer seems to be able to motivate and organise someone else's players then it could work in this situation.

Obviously it completely depends on who comes in above Bowyer. I can't imagine anyone of any standing in the game wanting to get involved with this train wreck. It'll probably

be someone experienced who's been away from the game for a while. David Pleat, Graham Taylor. Someone like that.

No club, no matter how ridiculous a situation they've been in, have ever had trouble recruiting players or managers as long as they could pay them. I'd actually say it's a foolproof position to take. Work a few months, get well paid, and when the inevitable early sacking comes you can just point to the fact that we're run by the Pune mob and your reputation will remain intact.

Archived