BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

End of the day he was not cut out for the job and was quite clearly out of his depth. He didn't even want to be here. Berg I'm afraid has spoilt his fantastic status with the club, not because he was an awful manager but for the fact he feels he's actually owed something more than he was offered never mind the fact he should have resigned after that xmas debacle.

Yes in a real world though, i'd be as angry as Berg but id be on a normal salary working in a normal industry and not creaming profits from a ready to go bust fantasy world contract or not it begs the question are you legally or morally correct, Henning?

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. We sack someone for poor performance on the football pitch, we have to pay them off as per the terms of their contract. Nice work for the manager if you can get it but t'was ever thus. They're useless and walk off with a bumper payout. :(

That's not to say of course that there there might not ever be a dispute over the amount being claimed or bonuses due under the contract etc etc. I'm hoping that's the reason for the dispute and not simply the fact we're being awkward because Venky's don't think they should have to pay him because he didn't do a particularly good job.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't so much of a revolt more of an amusing celebration when Pederson scored. Also I am sure Murphy did not play and maybe did not even travel

There was also a letter signed by several senior players which was presented to the Malaysian no-mark. I was told in confidence who the instigator was and subsequent events backed this up.

There was also a letter signed by several senior players which was presented to the Malaysian no-mark. I was told in confidence who the instigator was and subsequent events backed this up.

Orr ?

He was a Kean recommendation, but who do you think signed off the deals in the summer, Shaw or Singh?

LOL i need to update this.....

According to what ive just read on twitter, contracts, signings etc need to be signed off by a director, therefore as SS is not a director he isn't responsible.

so basically Shebby can run amok as much as he likes globally advising without being held accountable for his actions..

haha that's outrageous :blink:

Yoda I see that now but the authorities should have intervened before it got this bad.

It really ought to be curtains for Shebby because until he has been run out of town the club cannot hope to make progress.

Wasn't it Shebby who appointed Berg tho, as his PA?, I agree Shaw needs to go but the same applies to Shebby, surely??, he needs to be held accountable too.

Excellent stuff from the Independent.

Shebby has burnt his bridges with a large number of journalists so he can expect more flack in the coming days.

If Berg wins his court case then I hope that the owners realise that they people running the club on their behalf are not fit for purpose, but I am not holding my breath.

I am not about to break any confidences here but I was speaking to someone about this yesterday lets say a fellow fan and suggested the way they got rid of Appleton with a note does not resemble the running of an efficient football club and that this power struggle between Shaw/Aggers/Shebby is not acting in the best interests of the club and they should be replaced with proper football administrators and their reply was that Venkys are unsure of who to trust as they have been poorly advised from their trusted advisors. I also stated I was furious with the communications from within the club and was furious that I never got a reply from Shebby to my letter when he first arrived they seemed fairly surprised I never got a reply and this letter can be backed by our very own Kamy the fan I was speaking to suggested I ask Shebby for a meeting to discuss the problems which I intend to do and will keep people informed. Kamy I really wouldn't hold your breath on the owners realising the people running the club are not acting in the best interests of the club as I and many others have stated this club really needs a clean sweep and get rid of everyone but is unlikely they will listen the only other option would be to have a meeting with the pair of them bang their heads together & have this out. I do agree Kamy Singh deserves all the flack he will get from journalists I have no sympathy for him and hope they really get stuck in to him.

Are we acting like we wouldn't take the money? If you were a manager, went to a team, were given just two months, weren't even allowed to bring in your own staff, and then were fired, you wouldn't want to take the money? Not like Rovers put him in a position to succeed.

Guest Norbert

I'm trying to remem,ber that now Colin. Does it start with Roger unable to see stars after being hit on the head?

Yoda I see that now but the authorities should have intervened before it got this bad.

I am not about to break any confidences here but I was speaking to someone about this yesterday lets say a fellow fan and suggested the way they got rid of Appleton with a note does not resemble the running of an efficient football club and that this power struggle between Shaw/Aggers/Shebby is not acting in the best interests of the club and they should be replaced with proper football administrators and their reply was that Venkys are unsure of who to trust as they have been poorly advised from their trusted advisors. I also stated I was furious with the communications from within the club and was furious that I never got a reply from Shebby to my letter when he first arrived they seemed fairly surprised I never got a reply and this letter can be backed by our very own Kamy the fan I was speaking to suggested I ask Shebby for a meeting to discuss the problems which I intend to do and will keep people informed. Kamy I really wouldn't hold your breath on the owners realising the people running the club are not acting in the best interests of the club as I and many others have stated this club really needs a clean sweep and get rid of everyone but is unlikely they will listen the only other option would be to have a meeting with the pair of them bang their heads together & have this out. I do agree Kamy Singh deserves all the flack he will get from journalists I have no sympathy for him and hope they really get stuck in to him.

A smart move would be for them to talk to Currie and Battersby ASAP

What was the outcome of this, anyone know?

Were we ordered to pay or was it a newspaper story blown out of proportion?

Was there actually a Court hearing at all? Only asking because it seems strange we haven't heard any follow up from it.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/woeful-blackburn-slammed-by-judge-in-henning-berg-pay-dispute-8575711.html

Oh dear, what a mess we are off the pitch. Seems as though ol' Shaw definitely is in a spot of bother with 'Madame' too. Proof that Aggers released that PR without the owners backing.

That can't be right. There was no investigation! :rolleyes:

I guess all is forgiven now though, eh? They all came back from Pune and went back to work, didn't they?

"The club claimed in court that the press release, entitled Owners respond to Berg rumours and issued by the clubs press department on Shaws orders, was not true.

:lol:

How can we believe anything published by the club now? This board is not fit for purpose.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/woeful-blackburn-slammed-by-judge-in-henning-berg-pay-dispute-8575711.html

Oh dear, what a mess we are off the pitch. Seems as though ol' Shaw definitely is in a spot of bother with 'Madame' too. Proof that Aggers released that PR without the owners backing.

Very interesting article. Perhaps the fools in Pune will finally understand the ineptness of their subordinates now that the facts have been put on the table in the courtroom (not that I'm holding my breath, mind..). Surely even Shagnew/Singh can't put a positive spin on what is highly likely to be a damning judgment.

Very interesting article. Perhaps the fools in Pune will finally understand the ineptness of their subordinates now that the facts have been put on the table in the courtroom (not that I'm holding my breath, mind..). Surely even Shagnew/Singh can't put a positive spin on what is highly likely to be a damning judgment.

Kean's "damning judgement" didn't affect his career prospects...

Archived