[Archived] Berg at the High Court

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's not hard to work out what the author of that piece makes of Shebby Singh

No chance rovers will go to court they will settle at the last minute

Story in tomorrow's Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackburn-rovers-face-humiliation-over-henning-berg-8543132.html

Their coverage of our plight has been excellent.

It seems there is something of a drumbeat starting now in certain sections of the media with regard to the spineless/ negligent inaction of the FA.

[/quote

So the players are "showing open scepticism" towards Singh.

That's nothing compared to what the fans will show on Good Friday.

Story in tomorrow's Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackburn-rovers-face-humiliation-over-henning-berg-8543132.html

Their coverage of our plight has been excellent.

It seems there is something of a drumbeat starting now in certain sections of the media with regard to the spineless/ negligent inaction of the FA.

Cleverly worded piece. Funny how the LMA were totally happy with Keans conduct.

Def they will pay up , rather than publicaly talk of their ownership and its associates

Thought Murphy was a Kean signing and the reason he came was Kean, and wasn't he involved in the Ireland revolt?

• Backroom

Regardless of the general managerial problem, Blackburn appear to be a law unto themselves and utterly unwilling to enter into any meaningful communication with any outsiders. The Independent's calls to Singh were unreturned again. Bevan wants the Football Association and the Football League to step in, though there does not seem to be any impetus to do so. The FA feels it is the League's duty.

Unusual for Singh to ignore a chance to tell anybody who will listen his opinion on anything and everything.

Def they will pay up , rather than publicaly talk of their ownership and its associates

Thought Murphy was a Kean signing and the reason he came was Kean £45,000 a week for 2 seasons with an option for a 3rd at 36. As what 36 year old doesn't want a potential £7,020,000?

Guest Norbert

Thought Murphy was a Kean signing and the reason he came was Kean, and wasn't he involved in the Ireland revolt?

What Ireland revolt? Murphy never played for Ireland (or with Stephen Ireland) did he?

What Ireland revolt? Murphy never played for Ireland (or with Stephen Ireland) did he?

When Rovers played a friendly over there after the pensioner comments at KGH from Singh

Thought Murphy was a Kean signing and the reason he came was Kean £45,000 a week for 2 seasons with an option for a 3rd at 36. As what 36 year old doesn't want a potential £7,020,000?

Yeah and the money obviously :)

He was a Kean recommendation, but who do you think signed off the deals in the summer, Shaw or Singh?

Excellent stuff from the Independent.

Shebby has burnt his bridges with a large number of journalists so he can expect more flack in the coming days.

If Berg wins his court case then I hope that the owners realise that they people running the club on their behalf are not fit for purpose, but I am not holding my breath.

It really ought to be curtains for Shebby because until he has been run out of town the club cannot hope to make progress.

Shebby Singh imo is far worse than Shaw or Agnew (though, that is not giving them any credit, as they also should be thrown out)

Whoever backs Shebby, individual or group, need to seriously examine themselves. There once was a time when I was willing to give him the benefit as I was aware of his dislike for Kean. But it appears his own ego, pathetic words and general attitude (dam I am being nice - withholding words I feel like saying) is helping venkys to destroy the club.

It's a very one sided piece by the Independent written solely from Berg's perspective.

There is no mention for example as to whether we contest parts of Berg's claim or the amount being claimed and have actually filed a defence which Berg's advisors consider to be inadequate hence the High Court hearing.

However, if it's simply the case that we've been dragging our heels to be awkward and intend paying him at the last possible second or the matter has got to the stage of a Court hearing because of some sort of oversight then that's a disgraceful way to treat a decent man who as a player was a legend and one of the Club's finest ever.

End of the day he was not cut out for the job and was quite clearly out of his depth. He didn't even want to be here. Berg I'm afraid has spoilt his fantastic status with the club, not because he was an awful manager but for the fact he feels he's actually owed something more than he was offered never mind the fact he should have resigned after that xmas debacle.

Yes in a real world though, i'd be as angry as Berg but id be on a normal salary working in a normal industry and not creaming profits from a ready to go bust fantasy world contract or not it begs the question are you legally or morally correct, Henning?

End of the day he was not cut out for the job and was quite clearly out of his depth. He didn't even want to be here. Berg I'm afraid has spoilt his fantastic status with the club, not because he was an awful manager but for the fact he feels he's actually owed something more than he was offered never mind the fact he should have resigned after that xmas debacle.

Yes in a real world though, i'd be as angry as Berg but id be on a normal salary working in a normal industry and not creaming profits from a ready to go bust fantasy world contract or not it begs the question are you legally or morally correct, Henning?

Not criticising your view, Dunnfc, because it is an admirable and honourable one, but if you were legally entitled to a couple million quid, would you just turn your back on it for the reasons you mentioned? I think we would all have a hard time simply walking away from that.

perthblue02, on 20 Mar 2013 - 23:50, said:snapback.png

It wasn't so much of a revolt more of an amusing celebration when Pederson scored. Also I am sure Murphy did not play and maybe did not even travel

Archived