BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

So now the LMA are of the opinion that there is a matter of disrepute at Rovers and are calling for action.

The Raos are so powerless they could not even organise Shebby who is sitting under their own roof to write a meaningful statement even when the Judge all but wrote it for him.

I don't accept utter stupidity.

There are reasons and motivations for what Shaw did.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now the LMA are of the opinion that there is a matter of disrepute at Rovers and are calling for action.

The Raos are so powerless they could not even organise Shebby who is sitting under their own roof to write a meaningful statement even when the Judge all but wrote it for him.

Such as?

The FA say they cannot intervine once owners have been declared fit to takeover a club.

We'll get nothing there. The Football League apparently believe that once the owner has been identified as fit and proper, they are powerless to act.

Ah! I believe we've got a crossed line there Pafel! I think its the Football League who have that view. The FA believe its up to the Football League!

You are in employment.

Have you ever cost your boss three times the amount you have been instructed to pay just for the sheer kean of it?

Nope. Be out the door if I did. But what do you think are Shaw's reasons and motivation for doing what he did.

"The judge’s final summary revealed that Berg was only on £650,000 a year in the Championship. Bizarrely, Shaw gave him a settlement based on a £900,000-a-year salary over the length of his deal – in case Rovers were promoted and his wages doubled"

I don't even need to add anything there tbh. How f-in stupid can you be?

Tip for you Salgado...... No one (at least not this side of the Indian sub-continent) is that @#/? stupid! ;)

BRFC since the Venkymob trapped up has become a feeding frenzy for ever increasing numbers of n'er do wells. I've been informed.. albeit unreliably.... that 'Blackpool' received 300k in compensation for the useless Appleton so stick that on the final total.

I do so bloody well wish that I could think of a way of 'going on the rob' and pulling their necks out too but unfortunately I'm not in bed with the Fat Controller! The only compensation I have is that after refusing to buy a ST 2 full years ago and never having subscribed to Sky none of it is my money that is being devoured.

btw.....Has anybody ever considered how financially skinning stupid Indians is quite poetic justice given how much damage that @#/? Ghandi and his successors did to our town? Long may it continue.

"In a statement issued by the LMA, the Norwegian stressed that he will still have a special place in his heart for a club where he had great success as a player."

:lol:Henning you've got your money now stop taking the p1ss will you! After (not being able to find Blackburn on a map until he came) all his years playing here when he earned a transfer and associated earnings to MU there will be an even more special place in his bank account!

Guest Norbert

If OJRovers is right about the HRMC being owed money, it will probably be rubber trousers time. They love going after football clubs (though not multi-national companies or entertainers for some reason).

If OJRovers is right about the HRMC being owed money, it will probably be rubber trousers time. They love going after football clubs (though not multi-national companies or entertainers for some reason).

Oh dear. Not good if true. HMRC are itching to close down a football club regardless of the devastating effect it might have on the community concerned.

As Norbert alluded to, they aren't as keen when it comes to chasing foreign conglomerates and assorted friends of the Conservative Party.

Nope. Be out the door if I did. But what do you think are Shaw's reasons and motivation for doing what he did.

I don't think there was anything sinister behind Shaw's reasons just shear incompetence. Shebby appeared on the Footballers football show on a Thursday/Friday night (Can't remember) stating that a Manager would be put in place the following Wednesday. That statement sent Ewood into total panic and every managers C.V. was then retrieved from the recycle bin with frantic phone calls being made to get any Tom, Dick or Harry in.

Berg was interviewed and hey presto we had a manager in place for Shebby's deadline the only problem was the idiots running the club paraded Berg in front of the National media without getting a signature on a contract, Berg was allowed to take training and a game without a contract in place and therefore Berg had Rovers by the clangers.

The whole thing sounds like Shaw was running around trying to save his rear and cover up his Keane-up rather than something sinister.

More good stuff from you Longsiders but I think you know deep down that ultimately there will be a professional Football League club playing in blue and white halves at Ewood Park when this has run it's course.

Perversely, it may possibly turn out to be a positive if turbulent chapter in the club's history. It certainly seems to have mobilised and radicalised a hitherto lethargic support, which something only a match against you lot usually provokes.

Indeed, no different at our end, our fans haven't been anything other than lethargic since the teasdale days. Truth is, though neither will admit it, we need each other!

During the Teasdale protests a close friend was vociferous and vehement in his hatred. This, he assured me was the opinion of thousands of other Burnley fans. Plenty of Rovers fans felt some sympathy because ultimately we are all basically the same under the facade of rivalry, we are football fans who love our clubs.

Be careful what you wish for though. I heard at the week-end that there were some Russians sniffing around your club.

We are arbitro - but don't say it too loudly on here as there are a lot who have convinced themselves we are different animals completely. Then again you can't really deny that you all enjoyed our darkest times, even if you wouldn't really want us to disappear completely, so you can't be surprised that we are enjoying your own troubles from afar, just a little.

The Russian thing has been rumbling away - think I mentioned it on here. I don't want any foreign money coming in precisely because of what has happened at your place, Portsmouth etc. You can't make money from Burnley FC so what would be the game? I think we are better off with local blokes who are fans. Sure we won't get the big money and have to accept that we will spend most of our lives floating around Divisions 2, 3 and 4 but at least we won't have to go through the charade you currently are.

Sure we won't get the big money and have to accept that we will spend most of our lives floating around Divisions 2, 3 and 4 but at least we won't have to go through the charade you currently are.

Really? Well no one knows our future and at best it can only be described as 'uncertain'. BUT if you conducted a straw poll amongst the Turf Moor faithful next home match on the basis that 'We are going to have 20 glorious years in the Prem following a team packed with international players, win two major trophies, compete regularly in Europe.... and follow it with two crap seasons' how do you think the vote would go?

Really? Well no one knows our future and at best it can only be described as 'uncertain'. BUT if you conducted a straw poll amongst the Turf Moor faithful next home match on the basis that 'We are going to have 20 glorious years in the Prem following a team packed with international players, win two major trophies, compete regularly in Europe.... and follow it with two crap seasons' how do you think the vote would go?

I didn't say all fans, I said me.

I don't think you can compare an extremely wealthy fan like Jack pumping his cash in with no real objective other than to take his club as far as he could then put in a solid foundation with no intention whatsoever of making a return or getting his cash back to somebody speculating or whatever the objective may be. So if the Russians are another Abramovich then of course I'd welcome them and yeah, if 2 crap seasons is all it is to be then sure, But that won't be what we are talking about and so you end up asking 'what are they after'? I can't envision any circumstances where some benefactor comes in, pumps in the cash and leaves the club in the same healthy state Jack did you.

Of course it may well be a lot more than 2 crap seasons you are in for, all the suggestions are your current, publicly available issues are merely the tip of the iceberg. I guess time will tell.

I didn't say all fans, I said me.

I don't think you can compare an extremely wealthy fan like Jack pumping his cash in with no real objective other than to take his club as far as he could then put in a solid foundation with no intention whatsoever of making a return or getting his cash back to somebody speculating or whatever the objective may be. So if the Russians are another Abramovich then of course I'd welcome them and yeah, if 2 crap seasons is all it is to be then sure, But that won't be what we are talking about and so you end up asking 'what are they after'? I can't envision any circumstances where some benefactor comes in, pumps in the cash and leaves the club in the same healthy state Jack did you.

Of course it may well be a lot more than 2 crap seasons you are in for, all the suggestions are your current, publicly available issues are merely the tip of the iceberg. I guess time will tell.

what makes you think it might just be 2 crap seasons mate? if you'd said 20 glorious years then disappear into the abyss that might be more accurate

what makes you think it might just be 2 crap seasons mate? if you'd said 20 glorious years then disappear into the abyss that might be more accurate

It wasn't me, that was theno who said 20 glorious followed by 2 crap years - I was trying to make the same point you did but in a considerably more verbose fashion.

Archived