BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

It's unlikely you gave a toss about the issues at Leeds, Pompey, Coventry et al when you were riding high in the Prem. You probably found it amusing, that's if anything outside the Premier League even registered with you then.

Why would anyone care about you now?

I'd hope the government had other stuff to be thinking about than how to get some crackpot Indians to appoint a decent manager to a mediocre 'Chumpionship' club.

I did care and I did have a reasonable amount of empathy well not so much about Leeds, but I would still not like to see them go under completely.

The irrational bitterness, jealousy and hatred drips from your presumptious ramblings. Just because our club has had a decent run in the top division in recent history, don't assume that we were all like some sort of lofty Tory minister recalling his Burlington Club days in a speech about benefit reform.

You are loving this aren't you?

Of course, I couldn't have written a script so perfect for Burnley fans, well depending on the ending.

Did you shed tears in '87 or did you cheer Orient on? I think we all you you either cheered our demise or were one of those who followed Jacks money into Ewood.

But on the wider issue, then no, I'm not. A combination of cavalier and corrupt owners, an ineffective and self serving governance system and fans that demand spending beyond the clubs means with little regard for the long term damage as well as an insular view and no interest in footballs health beyond their own turnstiles isn't something that anybody should enjoy.

It's unlikely you gave a toss about the issues at Leeds, Pompey, Coventry et al when you were riding high in the Prem. You probably found it amusing, that's if anything outside the Premier League even registered with you then.

I'd hope the government had other stuff to be thinking about than how to get some crackpot Indians to appoint a decent manager to a mediocre 'Chumpionship' club.

He has a point though as a football fan i was appalled at what was allowed to happen to Pompey and was fully aware of the Coventry situation. I'll admit a sly smirk at Leeds. Problem is with Rovers a lot of people don't like us because of the money and success in the 90's and i don't mean tinpot local rivals like Bumley and Knob end but across the wider football world. For a modest sized club we've never been popular :)

You're right. Leeds was funny because of Papa Smurf and that weird looking manager and all the money they spunked on useless players.

Pompey was funny because I've always hated Harry Redknapp, and they had a different comedy gangster owner every couple of months.

Coventry, well, did anyone even notice? During their long top-flight tenure one football magazine compared them to the bottle of Worcestershire sauce that everyone's got sitting at the back of a cupboard, years past its sell-by date, but you never get round to throwing it out.

So yes, I appreciate there are a lot of people who will find the Blackburn situation amusing, and I can't blame them. Buying the title, all those years of smug superiority at the top of the local pecking order... Not many outside of Lancs will care, though.

Keep your nose out FFs 34 years

I would strongly recommend that everyone go on Mark Fish's twitter and click on the audio link!

A very familiar, very worried voice!

In need of some tantric relaxation perhaps!

Not listened to the whole thing yet but it seems he certainly points the finger squarely at the Venkys and trys to blame the bank but by doing that it also implicates that Venkys aren't that cash rich. Im sure if your a billionaire or even multi milionaire you could bung 10 mill in to stop the bank pulling the plug, if it's a loan you soon take it back by selling a player or 2 if your desperate. He was quite convincing till he started on about Myles then you know he's full of sh#ie !

I believe there will have to be a parliamentary enquiry into football governance before long, the sports minister has been threatening

the FA to get their act together or else for some time now. I'm sure Jack Straw will be in the minister's ear. Jack is very well respected

in the House of Commons on both sides of the house.

Far too many dodgy business deals, football is rotten to the core it can't last forever.

There has already been a Culture, Media and Sport committee which has recommended legislation should football not clean up its act.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmcumeds/509/50909.htm

The problem is the Premier League has appeased them by deciding to implement a @#/? version of Financial Fair Play which is incompatable with both UEFA's and the Football Leagues variants to prevent another Portsmouth situation.. I personally believe that this action by the PL will see that the government will not legislate to improve the governance of the sport.

Glen Mullan; do you recognise the name of the lawyers instructing the QC for Rovers?

Not the same people who represent the tantric one who should not be named, surely?

I wonder why the Rovers QC was saying that the "owners are not in control"?

The law firm representing Berg is who my wife is a Partner for.

There has already been a Culture, Media and Sport committee which has recommended legislation should football not clean up its act.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmcumeds/509/50909.htm

The problem is the Premier League has appeased them by deciding to implement a @#/? version of Financial Fair Play which is incompatable with both UEFA's and the Football Leagues variants to prevent another Portsmouth situation.. I personally believe that this action by the PL will see that the government will not legislate to improve the governance of the sport.

I thought I'd read somewhere recently, since the new Financial Fair Play rules, that the Minister is still not happy - I could be wrong on that

though.

Not listened to the whole thing yet but it seems he certainly points the finger squarely at the Venkys and trys to blame the bank but by doing that it also implicates that Venkys aren't that cash rich. Im sure if your a billionaire or even multi milionaire you could bung 10 mill in to stop the bank pulling the plug, if it's a loan you soon take it back by selling a player or 2 if your desperate. He was quite convincing till he started on about Myles then you know he's full of sh#ie !

Don't think why anyone would think Venky's are cash rich - there is nothing to date which suggests they are.

Why would they ever throw their money down the drain on us considering they don't have a clue about football. The whole "project" has gone badly wrong and IMO they may try and work a way out of this mess as its not sustainable - unless something changes, and soon, we are heading for a big financial crash.

The news of the court case has been published world wide from the USA to the Middle East and S.Africa, but I have not found any link to it in the Indian press. I know they are some five hours ahead but I would have thought there would have been an evening paper covering it.

Glen Mullan; do you recognise the name of the lawyers instructing the QC for Rovers?

Not the same people who represent the tantric one who should not be named, surely?

I wonder why the Rovers QC was saying that the "owners are not in control"?

The ones in court where not the ones who were associated with 'him who shall not be named'.

However if you was to read the transcript flying about today you will recognise the name from this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2086450/Agent-Jerome-Anderson-takes-legal-advice-Blackburn-abuse-Charles-Sale.html

Bye bye Dereck Shaw.

I don't understand why there is a power struggle between Shaw and the owners. They are the owners, he is their employee. If they don't like what he's doing, why don't they just bin him? Apologies if this is too simplistic a view to be taking and there is more to it than that.

The ones in court where not the ones who were associated with 'him who shall not be named'.

However if you was to read the transcript flying about today you will recognise the name from this article.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2086450/Agent-Jerome-Anderson-takes-legal-advice-Blackburn-abuse-Charles-Sale.html

The QC that appeared for the club were instructed by the same solicitors as hwsnbn. Chris Farnell is the senior partner at IPS Law.

Having a level headed understanding of what football clubs mean to their local and wider communitys then no Sam Dingle and Longsiders,even the demise of you Claret and Blue Chipmunk gobshytes would not be a cause for major celebration.

:tu:

Haha, yeah right - it would be the biggest party Blackburn has ever seen

• Backroom

Haha, yeah right - it would be the biggest party Blackburn has ever seen

Nah. We won't have any proper rivals in that case. I'd rather you existed so I can look forward to the next derby game. Genuinely, even if we lost every derby game from now til the end of time, I'd rather Rovers and Burnley exist in terms of their names, kits and heritage. As such I hope for the same for all clubs. I saw the Portsmouth Supporters Trust's victory last week was a small victory for us, should we enter admin and have the Rovers Trust/Seneca take over us.

Archived