BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

Their lawyers have said they don't.

Venky's are doing their utmost to get out of paying Berg £2m+

"The court heard that the Venkys empires Rao family were perfectly entitled to suspend Shaw, under the terms of his contract, and that claims to the contrary were a facade. Judge Mark Pilling was deeply sceptical of their case and particularly the fact that neither Anuradha Desai, her so-called global adviser Shebby Singh, nor any other member of the controlling family had provided any evidence to back up their claims about Shaw or the Berg contract."

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Director, you are elected by the shareholders to act on behalf of the company to which you owe a fiduciary duty.

To remove Derek Shaw, Venky's London Limitex convenes a short notice EGM and vote him off the board. I would advise VLL to hold a similar EGM which just involves its four director shareholdrrs agreeing over breakfast in Pune.

Lawyers have the minutes in standard form so it just needs date place and attendees slotting into the blanks and Derek Shaw' s full name in the removal slot.

Then pay the Companies House filing fee abd lodge.

All done in 15 minutes.

Whatever the real reason viz a viz Shaw is, what was said in Court was bs.

Venky's are doing their utmost to get out of paying Berg £2m+

"The court heard that the Venkys empires Rao family were perfectly entitled to suspend Shaw, under the terms of his contract, and that claims to the contrary were a facade. Judge Mark Pilling was deeply sceptical of their case and particularly the fact that neither Anuradha Desai, her so-called global adviser Shebby Singh, nor any other member of the controlling family had provided any evidence to back up their claims about Shaw or the Berg contract."

Perhaps under the terms of the contract the `owners` of blackburn (i.e. the people that really run the club) have the power to suspend Shaw. If Venkys do not have the power at the club and do not run the club then they won't have the power to sack Shaw. The fact fhat they haven't already sacked him despite having a court case against him it's extremely fishy and suggests things are not straight forward.

• Backroom

Perhaps under the terms of the contract the `owners` of blackburn (i.e. the people that really run the club) have the power to suspend Shaw. If Venkys do not have the power at the club and do not run the club then they won't have the power to sack Shaw. The fact fhat they haven't already sacked him despite having a court case against him it's extremely fishy and suggests things are not straight forward.

Have to agree with this. All the judge has confirmed is that as owners, Venky's SHOULD have the power to sack Shaw, and if they claim to be owners they cannot use the 'we can't sack him' argument. The fact they haven't got rid of Shaw yet (and claim they can't until a disciplinary hearing, despite Shaw quite clearly being in breach of contract for over a month) does suggest something untoward is going on.

Have to agree with this. All the judge has confirmed is that as owners, Venky's SHOULD have the power to sack Shaw, and if they claim to be owners they cannot use the 'we can't sack him' argument. The fact they haven't got rid of Shaw yet (and claim they can't until a disciplinary hearing, despite Shaw quite clearly being in breach of contract for over a month) does suggest something untoward is going on.

And I don't see any way around the above conclusions.

Ok, so reading between the lines, it is being suggested Venky's own the club and bankroll it whilst someone else (a sports agency perhaps) run the day to day stuff. What is the advantage for the Rao's in all this? Brand awareness? I could buy that if they had flooded the country with Venky Xprs (or whatever its called) fast food outlets. But they haven't. Their brand has been hammered. I even watched the televised IPL match between Pune Warriors and some other team who i forget. If brand awareness was at the forefront of their minds it certainly didn't show at the stadium in Pune. Not a Venky's advertising board in sight.

This theory would explain many many bizarre events at Rovers. But it would mean that Venky's had been taking a huge financial hit for little or no gain. If you were to perhaps factor in returns on illegal betting markets in India and the Far East, it then conflicts with the interests of those allegedly running the club no? Surely their gain comes in terms of giving their clients a stage to showcase their talents then shifting them on at a profit. You can only really bet on losing matches and that isn't conducive to raising transfer values. Could money of the magnitude the club are losing be clawed back by betting on things like first throw in, number of corners, sendings off etc...? I honestly do not know.

Saying that, i guess if Rovers were to have been relegated this season you might have got extremely good odds before a ball was kicked. Maybe. I dunno. Conspiracy theories don't sit easy with me by nature.

• Backroom

Ok, so reading between the lines, it is being suggested Venky's own the club and bankroll it whilst someone else (a sports agency perhaps) run the day to day stuff. What is the advantage for the Rao's in all this? Brand awareness? I could buy that if they had flooded the country with Venky Xprs (or whatever its called) fast food outlets. But they haven't. Their brand has been hammered. I even watched the televised IPL match between Pune Warriors and some other team who i forget. If brand awareness was at the forefront of their minds it certainly didn't show at the stadium in Pune. Not a Venky's advertising board in sight.

This theory would explain many many bizarre events at Rovers. But it would mean that Venky's had been taking a huge financial hit for little or no gain. If you were to perhaps factor in returns on illegal betting markets in India and the Far East, it then conflicts with the interests of those allegedly running the club no? Surely their gain comes in terms of giving their clients a stage to showcase their talents then shifting them on at a profit. You can only really bet on losing matches and that isn't conducive to raising transfer values. Could money of the magnitude the club are losing be clawed back by betting on things like first throw in, number of corners, sendings off etc...? I honestly do not know.

This is all a consequence of the initial sale and purchase though. If they were suckered in by a certain agency and now cannot get out of their agreement without being investigated, what choice do they have but to keep the charade going?

Question time:

If Venkys truly do own all of Blackburn Rovers, then why on earth is Shebby Singh an employee of Venkys and not Blackburn Rovers? If you run over 100 companies, you'd surely want all the people working for you on the correct business payroll.

That is, unless someone else has power at BRFC, and refused to employ Singh.

• Moderation Lead

Question time:

If Venkys truly do own all of Blackburn Rovers, then why on earth is Shebby Singh an employee of Venkys and not Blackburn Rovers? If you run over 100 companies, you'd surely want all the people working for you on the correct business payroll.

That is, unless someone else has power at BRFC, and refused to employ Singh.

It's one of many burning questions we could use an answer to!!!

My thoughts on the latest charade:

1. I think the 'rogue agent' story is purely to try to get out of paying the compo. In any case I think Shaw will leave in summer.

2. You've got to laugh at the judge saying that Agnew's statement "went on and on and on, without adding anything" Just like his interview with the LT the other week!

3. Agnew has obviously decided to throw Shaw under the wheels to save himself yet again. Nuclear war couldn't get rid of him.

4. It's clear that when Berg refused to come in for a meeting they were most concerned about him breaching his NDA. Strong arm tactics such as wanting to confiscate all his electronic devices and issuing 'scattergun' threats are not the actions of people with nothing to hide.

5. This treatment will be all too familiar for Glen and co, interestingly it sounds like they are getting it from a number of law firms claiming to represent brfc, but why would they have more than one firm working for them. Reading between the lines, it sounds like certain parties are spending a lot of money trying to get things out of the public eye.

6. The club say they are soon going to appoint a "competent" board of directors. Given that fans have been screaming this for the best part of 2 years, I highly doubt they are going to do this, I would bet that Agnew will be trying his best to stop anyone 'competent' coming in and ruining his party.

Crikey!

Your all going to drive yourselves barmy picking apart yesterdays stories(and all coming to different conclusions), best waiting until the judge has ruled before really getting into it, THERE'S A GAME ON TODAY YOU KNOW :P , the weathers nice, the teams improving, relatively reasonable crowd on, could be a good afternoon(for those that go).

one thought(probably nonsense) regarding point 6 in OJ's post- I'd imagine a new(more competent) board cant be sourced overnight and this is what's causing the delay in getting shut of the current numpties, they(venkys) if they have any sense at all, will/should know they will need a new board lined up ready to get straight into the deep end before clearing the current trash out.

(just a thought, please don't shoot me)

Crikey!

Your all going to drive yourselves barmy picking apart yesterdays stories(and all coming to different conclusions), best waiting until the judge has ruled before really getting into it, THERE'S A GAME ON TODAY YOU KNOW :P , the weathers nice, the teams improving, relatively reasonable crowd on, could be a good afternoon(for those that go).

Thought you went commenting on it again.

But the main action is off the field Braddock and this is what you don't get. Today's 3 points or next weeks 3 points are short-term issues. The long- term issues will still be with us WHATEVER the results of those games.

That what some fans are trying to tackle and are getting very little support in some quarters.

Thought you went commenting on it again.

seriously, this is what I've got to put up with anytime I post?

and your wrong, it was just that particular thread, I said I wasn't posting in(for this very reason!)

and who the hells this braddock.

really is pathetic.

p.s. MODs- sorry this is off topic but why can't I add abbey to my ignore list? his name doesn't come up when I type it into the member search bar!(does he really exist?)

• Backroom

But the main action is off the field Braddock and this is what you don't get. Today's 3 points or next weeks 3 points are short-term issues. The long- term issues will still be with us WHATEVER the results of those games.

That what some fans are trying to tackle and are getting very little support in some quarters.

I believe 'Braddock' is Plastic Head rather than TJ Newton.

So the case put is that Degsy as the MD couldnt comtract and now can't be sacked by BRFC until a meeting is held with someone who isn't an employee of the club and has no work bisa- can attend- this is unheard of in court as far as I know.

I seriously wonder if the recess is so the Judge can check the contempt of court reglations and precidents because he must be be wondering if anything ever has come out like this.

The stand seems to be we can't be forced to pay because we're really stupid.

If I was Venkys I'd be really worried.

Archived