BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Berg at the High Court

So ian Herbert (author of independant article) has just replied to a tweet of mine saying Venkys have taken HR advice and been told they cannot remove Shaw.

@ianherbs: Club barrister said they've taken HR advice and been advised not to. Shaw's contract, quoted in court, suggests otherwise

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game was well and truly up when we brought in Myles Anderson. Blatant? Everything Inbetween has just been a waiting game. What has been frightening has the the complete lack of interest from the games governing body, the FA. One of whom resides on the Board of BRFC. Absolute power corrupts. They and Sky Sports and Associates.

Rid us of these evil basta rds. Bring it on. As others have said, kick us out the league if you want, make an example of Blackburn Rovers. If it helps you sleep better at night that is FA. I'm ready to go again non league. I don't care anymore. I need OUR club back. The longer it goes on the richer they'll get and the more our support will erode.

Stick a fork in us. We're done.

The game was well and truly up when we brought in Myles Anderson. Blatant? Everything Inbetween has just been a waiting game. What has been frightening has the the complete lack of interest from the games governing body, the FA. One of whom resides on the Board of BRFC. Absolute power corrupts. They and Sky Sports and Associates.

Rid us of these evil basta rds. Bring it on. As others have said, kick us out the league if you want, make an example of Blackburn Rovers. If it helps you sleep better at night that is FA. I'm ready to go again non league. I don't care anymore. I need OUR club back. The longer it goes on the richer they'll get and the more our support will erode.

Stick a fork in us. We're done.

Well said Bob ! exactly how I feel, FECK - EM ALL.

Guest Norbert

I'd rather stick a fork in Jerome Anderson's neck, the nasty fat tantric c__k..

(Mods, I won't complain if you remove this for legal reasons).

I think we will be lucky to start life in Division 1 next season.

Think we are in for a horrible few weeks.

However, if our club is cleansed, once and for all, an honest fight back can begin.

He'll of a lot to come out , today's court case is just scratching at the surface .

Many were beating the Shaw drum , I sincerely hope people are now having their eyes open .

With tales of Sella , Hubert and Anderson yet to hit the press the FA are going to be ducking for cover .

18 months against all odds , we have worked round the clock with little sleep , neglected those we love for the truth and bit by bit the reality is beginning to hit home to those who doubted the supporters case and even those who doubted the motive behind taking these clowns on

Undying gratitude for all you guys have done and WILL DO! You're owed a lot of apologies on here.

Ripping off the fans? Berg may be about to do Rovers fans the biggest favour possible.

Well said.

Undying gratitude for all you guys have done and WILL DO! You're owed a lot of apologies on here.

Mullan and crew have kept the pressure on, however, IMO, it's far too early to be handing out medals as there are a few surprising skeletons to fall out of cupboards yet !

Guest Norbert

And if Singh doesn't get his visa Shaw will be dancing round his office shouting "default default" like Homer Simspon when he gets to go into space.

Thing is den, are they to blame for the last two years??

If they're powerless now, surely they've been powerless in all previous decisions and have been used by the real string pullers?

Would you buy a multi-million pound business and put yourself in a powerless position?

Ultimately, they are to blame.

PS Venkys, the world is full of unscrupulous people. Didn't you know?

What makes anyone think that the demise of Rovers would be anything other a laugh to most of the football world. No one really gives a damn about BRFC apart from its fans, most others love it when a club beside their own is in trouble. It's the nature of football, we gloat at others' misfortune. Eg Our wish for Burnley, Man Utd etc to go belly up. What I am sure about is that Venky's have been led a merry dance by a shed load of bad advice, they are too proud to admit their failures and have no real idea how to sort things out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315454/Blackburn-admit-shambles-Henning-Berg-court-case.html

From this and Baz's tweet from earlier, Venky's advice from HR, is that they can't sack Shaw until they have conducted an enquiry and a disciplinary hearing. Presumably that can't be done until Singh gets his VISA.

Nah, scrap that. The judge said that Venky's were perfectly entitled to suspend Shaw.

However, if our club is cleansed, once and for all, an honest fight back can begin.

changed your tune then?

Speak for yourself, id be at least prepared to compromise under the circumstances(or donate a large chunk of the money to a charity) taking into account Berg is already quite wealthy and still getting work(even more so since being sacked) I really would see it as dirty money.

Unless What bergs solicitor is insinuating is true, that the venkys entire story is just totally fabricated in order to get out of settling , in which case Id take them to the cleaners(but still give a big chunk of the money to a charity)

if the judge chooses not to believe the venkys story, would that not mean the venkys and anybody that has testified in venkys defence is committing purjory?

Sorry but that is hollow bluster. In my opinion, of course

Seems to me that there is still no proof of a different owner of BRFC other than Venkys. I think that they are just trying anything to avoid paying Berg £2m. The independent article does say (as pointed out earlier) that Venkys wanted to meet Berg due to having a financial predicament (i.e. we have no money to pay him).

At this point I can only see direct evidence of financial problems, rather than evidence of secondary owners of BRFC. Its not to say there isnt, just that there is no evidence in the public eye on this matter.

The issue with that Mercer is it would be another FA cop out. WTF has all of this to do with BRFC?

Why should the club, it's supporters and everyone that holds the club dear to its heart, suffer as a consequence of parasitic, leaching, gready, ba stards who decided to descend like a plague of locusts. It is they and those that conveniently turned a blind eye that should be castigated, investigated and punished.

But guess what, it's all poor old Blackburn Rovers fault. Kunts the lot of them.

The issue with that Mercer is it would be another FA cop out. WTF has all of this to do with BRFC?

Why should the club, it's supporters and everyone that holds the club dear to its heart, suffer as a consequence of parasitic, leaching, gready, ba stards who decided to descend like a plague of locusts. It is they and those that conveniently turned a blind eye that should be castigated, investigated and punished.

But guess what, it's all poor old Blackburn Rovers fault. Kunts the lot of them.

Know where you are coming from but unfortunately, it's the 'legal entity' BRFC that will be also shown as a 'guilty' partner.

yes please

Sorry Abbey but if you can't see it then just leave it there, just as I said when I made my original prediction about three weeks ago.

Know where you are coming from but unfortunately, it's the legal entity BRFC that will be also shown as a 'guilty' partner.

I understand that as I'm sure you're aware.

It ain't a guilty partner though but just an unsuspecting, convenient conduit. By Christ how many have gorged to just discard the carcus,

I too fear the worst. Through no fault of 'its' own a club of 138 years heritage and history, focal point of the Blackburn community could be about to die because The FA and PL didn't either vet the owners, have adequate checks and balances in place to ensure ongoing compliance (audits aren't too difficult, try ISO and IIP FFS), failed to listen to or head the warnings of numerous MPs amongst others and basically buried their head in the sand as per.

When it all then publicly goes tits up to the point that they actually do have to do something, what do they do? Well we probably know the answer and rest assured, a lot of noses will soon find another trough to feed from. As I said, Kunts, the lot of them. No other word is sufficiently and appropriately descriptive of them, IMO of course!

I too fear the worst. Through no fault of 'its' own a club of 138 years heritage and history, focal point of the Blackburn community could be about to die because The FA and PL didn't either vet the owners, have adequate checks and balances in place to ensure ongoing compliance (audits aren't too difficult, try ISO and IIP FFS), failed to listen to or head the warnings of numerous

As long as buyers have the cash to pay the required asking price football's authorities aren't interested in whether prospective owners are "suitable" or not. As the FA and Premier League have also stated many times, they cannot be held responsible for the incompetence of owners.

I have to say today's court revelations are staggering and show a club in total disarray. Gary Bowyer deserves a bow for managing to run the team and get good results with that lot going on in the background.

I am also astonished at the turn of events in Court today.

The immediate implications:

Shaw is a director. As 99.999% owners, Venkys London Limited can convene an EGM at short notice and remove him forthwith for cause. This HR disciplinary gubbins is bs. If they are not sufficiently secure in their grounds for blaming him and calling him renegrade they should never be saying it in Court.

Effectively the owners and directors are saying a PLC is operating without control. This has massive implications.

As Kamy and Glen have said, you aint seen nothing yet.

If Rovers are toast, then the whole of English football is toast with us.

As long as buyers have the cash to pay the required asking price football's authorities aren't interested in whether prospective owners are "suitable" or not. As the FA and Premier League have also stated many times, they cannot be held responsible for the incompetence of owners.

I have to say today's court revelations are staggering and show a club in total disarray. Gary Bowyer deserves a bow for managing to run the team and get good results with that lot going on in the background.

Agreed on your final paragraph.

The first, I think you're being ridiculously naive. Do you honestly believe that in a billion pound industry, where straight corruption and 'bent legal' may be rife, that what you suggest should be the sole governance of new owners?

If that is the case, I'm truly lost for words.

Seems to me that Venky's have tried to sack Shaw via Singh, but Shaw has got his legal people on to it and is refusing to acknowledge that Singh has the authority. Hence Singh has been advised to stay away from the club until the lawyers sort it. Not saying there isn't much more to it, but that's what it currently looks like through this fog.

Not even read any further than this Den. It's blatantly obvious that Venkys cannot sack Shaw because of his JA ties. Very obvious.

Archived