BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Breaking News - Boardroom shuffle?

most of the 'ITK' claimed Shaw had been sack but this hasnt happened and he has just been suspended at the moment.

why hasnt he???

I guess that if they suspend, investigate and then dismiss based on facts then they will have a fair dismissal and avoid paying any compensation to Shaw.....this is assuming they have common sense and have acted in such a way as to avoid litigation by Shaw.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy , not seen anyone state Shaw had been sacked .

All the stories are consistent that he is on gardening leave pending further investigation.

This has been getting investigated for about 3 weeks , where the decision to suspend was then made .

I think I did say that removals could happen as early as Friday , and today's statement is consistent with what I have heard .

Chaddy , not seen anyone state Shaw had been sacked .

All the stories are consistent that he is on gardening leave pending further investigation.

This has been getting investigated for about 3 weeks , where the decision to suspend was then made .

I think I did say that removals could happen as early as Friday , and today's statement is consistent with what I have heard .

If Shaw does go soon, which I expect him to, it will make a mockery of today's denial. Don't think we could sink much lower that this.

Just to be clear, the Fans Forum didn't receive an email from the club cancelling the meeting...given the current uncertainty (shall we say) around the latest farce and the fact that the club couldn't guarantee that anybody from Board level (or Shebby) would be available, we felt it was best to postpone the meeting until we can secure the attendance of somebody. Saying that, there are other matters which we had hoped to raise and we are working to get a date before the end of the season.

Just seen a tweet from Glen Pegden saying the FF meeting was cancelled by the Club due to the departure of Shaw.

• Backroom

If Shaw does go soon, which I expect him to, it will make a mockery of today's denial. Don't think we could sink much lower that this.

Think again mate, we've got much further to fall yet :(

I think the problem here is regardless of how severance clauses ended up in bergs contract , they have zero chance of winning the case against berg .

They will have to cough up just under a million as in his terms of contract .

These pay offs must now be hurting venkys , be that NDAs , sackings , hush money , contract terminations and so on .

I guess over the next couple of months we will see how deep those pockets go

Seems like a coo of sorts has been attempted, the outcome(fallout) is unknown to us though, The message on the rovers site could be misleading, remember how fast messages went up during Appletons appointment from Shaw! which says to me he has easy un-restricted access to getting messages put up on the site.

If he does go 'Aggers' MUST go with him, then its just the little Malaysian weasel to deal with!

Is that a new kind of tweet?

wouldnt have needed to pay off 2 managers since kean left if they had appointed experience manager.

we would be in the top 6 if Holloway or McCarthy had been appoint instead of Berg and Appleton.

we need experience manager in the summer aswell as a good football experience CEO but doubt this will happen tho

I don't think we would be in the top 6 to be honest.

Even with the poor managers, that sets you back so far but I have seen nothing from the players to suggest if managed correctly, they could have been pushing for promotion, maybe mid table.

Yes we have had poor managers but one of the worst things they have done is buying poor quality players,

I think the problem here is regardless of how severance clauses ended up in bergs contract , they have zero chance of winning the case against berg .

They will have to cough up just under a million as in his terms of contract .

These pay offs must now be hurting venkys , be that NDAs , sackings , hush money , contract terminations and so on .

I guess over the next couple of months we will see how deep those pockets go

You're probably correct but Singh appointed Berg if memory serves me correct. It's inevitable that there would be a considerable pay out following severance of a 2/3 year contract after a couple of months.

The sooner he and the other buffoons are run out of town the better.

• Backroom

bollards, these players would have got us mid-table at best, regardless of manager.

According to the table posted recently that showed where teams would be in the table based on form since McCarthy/Berg took over Ipswich and ourselves at the beginning of November, Ipswich were 3rd. Their team is no better than ours, and in Rhodes we have something they lack - a good striker who can score goals. No reason to think McCarthy couldn't have gotten us into the top 6 had he been left to do what he does best.

Of course, we all know Shebby would have been trying to stick his beak in whenever possible or Shagnew would have been undermining him from day one, depending on who's choice McCarthy would have been. But take these idiots out of the equation and I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a decent manager could have gotten this rabble into the playoff spots, particularly if Mick had been able to use the Jan transfer window to bring in a few players to bolster the CM positions.

Just seen a tweet from Glen Pegden saying the FF meeting was cancelled by the Club due to the departure of Shaw.

Read further on and you'll see his clarification...my original statement stands and is correct.

Glen did indeed state this on twittoh.

see my response to Mike, DE...

hopefully Glenn will be on later to confirm.

• Backroom

Read further on and you'll see his clarification...my original statement stands and is correct.

see my response to Mike, DE...

hopefully Glenn will be on later to confirm.

Ah, I've just read the tweet Glenn sent after his original one. Fair enough.

werent we in the top 6 when kean left.

good managers would have got the team promote. simple as

Rubbish. chaddy you are clueless. The squad is nowhere near good enough for promotion as I pointed out months ago. There is not one player that would have got in the squad last time we were promoted.... and we only squeaked in 2nd place behind Fulham and just in front of Bolton.

• Backroom

Rubbish. chaddy you are clueless. The squad is nowhere near good enough for promotion as I pointed out months ago. There is not one player that would have got in the squad last time we were promoted.... and we only squeaked in 2nd place behind Fulham and just in front of Bolton.

I agree that there's no chance we could have gotten 1st or 2nd, but I do think with the right manager (someone in the McCarthy mould) we could have sneaked 6th. The teams below 3rd really aren't that good, if they were we wouldn't have been in contention up until a few weeks ago.

Not that it matters now. We probably won't even be playing in this division next year.

Archived