BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why is Givet on the bench every week?

I know it's probably something contractual but what is the point of having Gael Givet on the bench when he is far and above better than any of our current defenders.

The defence seems to be leaking goals at will every game but yet we play Morris at left back when he could play further forward.

I'm afraid I've long stopped wondering why certain players seem to have been frozen out but in our current situation surely we have to play our strongest team.

maybe poor attitude and moaning about his wage being reduced in his contract.

he's out of contract in the summer,

I think Dann and Hanley as a partnership is good.

think our problems are Midfield and another striker to score gaols apart from Rhodes.

some of the players we bought in the summer was awful now looking at it. Murphy, Etuhu, Rosado, Henrique, etc

think our problems are Midfield and another striker to score gaols apart from Rhodes.

some of the players we bought in the summer was awful now looking at it. Murphy, Etuhu, Rosado, Henrique, etc

DANN IS WOEFUL!!!

Givet is the best CH and one of the best left backs at the club.

And unlike most of the first team he can control and pass a ball.

If his attitude stinks, then he should be nowhere near the bench or team. He should be in the team or out of the matchday squad altogether. It's very bizarre.

I'd even give him a shot playing in front of the back four - sure we've played him there a couple of times before. Anything's worth a try now.

we are 13th for goals against. biggest problem is we dont close the ball down quick enough. midfield and defenders at fault.

55 goals conceded in 40 games. best are Leicester with 38 goals 41 games and second is Cardiff with 40 goals in 40 games

but we have only scored 48 goals in 40 games. which is clearly not good enough.

we are 20th in the table for scoring goals. best are Watford with 76 goals in 41 games

Then why have him on the bench? It's stupid. Givet is better than all of our defenders. Not playing him for whatever reason has cost us goals this year.

Givet has always shown that he is a battler and in our current situation that's what we need.

did he when he storm off at Charlton away game this season or last season at swansea.

TBH, Givet hasnt wanted to be here since Sam Allardyce left

Exactly he is by far our best defender yet is sat on the bench

Chaddy wrote: I think Dann and Hanley as a partnership is good.

Chaddy I think you mean they are both far too inconsistent yes they might have one good game then they follow that up with 5 bad ones the only way we will ever get out of this is with clean sheets Dannley partnership looks incapable of keeping clean sheets I think someone needs to realise we are proverbially up the creek without a paddle and someone needs to swallow their pride and realise the only way to win matches is to have a solid defence and with Givet in there the defence looks much more solid & don't forget he is a france international defender neither Dann nor Hanley have that international experience Hanley breaking through just very recently Dann to my knowledge has never even made the England squad neither are experienced enough. I also stated this before letting both Samba & Nelsen go in the same window would be disastrous unless they were replaced with similar experienced defenders the fact we did not replace them with similar experience has proved our downfall.

When people question his attitude, I noticed yesterday at Sheffield when the players came back out for the second half Givet could clearly been seen encouraging the players, so he still cares, and in my opinion should have been playing this season.

Agree fully with this thread, should at least play at LB with Martin Olsson in front when possible.

The thread could easily be amended to include Gomes. When we have such a poor team you would think we would use the bits of experience and quality that we have.

Don't forget that Rekik is on the bench. A centre half and left back. Givet won't play again for the club.

Why he's on the bench though is anyone's guess.

It could be in his contract that when fit he has to be in the squad.Watching some programme the other week and it was said that some players have it in there contract that they have to be in the squad when fit.

Archived