BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Arnold

I have heard from a good (and trustworthy) source close to the Central Coast Mariners that their manager (who just lead them to the title in Australia) is coming to Rovers as manager in the summer.

Anyone else heard this?!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over recent years, Arnold has tried to break into management in England and there were links, if my memory serves me correctly, with WBA, Norwich and Bolton.

If correct, goodness know what the link is with Rovers.

Guest Norbert

And there I was thinking he might have been some old football player who died, or an FA official no-one has heard of causing some sort of stir.

Like BnR99 said, it sounds crazy but you can never count anything out with the current regime apart from making a correct decision.

Guest Norbert

Looked him up on Wiki, and we'd be better off with Richard Arnold, that camp bloke off GMTV. Shocking record with Australia, and has achieved nothing much.

I have heard from a good (and trustworthy) source close to the Central Coast Mariners that their manager (who just lead them to the title in Australia) is coming to Rovers as manager in the summer.

Anyone else heard this?!

Get Jim Arnold back as GK coach.

Arnold Layne for new Centre Forward.

Arnold Swarzenegger as physical trainer.

Arnold Muhren at Centre Midfield.

David Arnold to compose the new club song and PP Arnold to sing it.

At least I've heard of them.

Central Coast have been one of the most consistent teams in the A League since 2010, yes the A league is middle to bottom Championship standard , but they have also done ok in their Asian cup appearances (Champions League for Asian confederation teams) possibly could have come to the attention of certain people through that . Finished the 2012/2013 season as runners up in the league but due to the stupid play off system here they were eventually overall champions, a reverse on the previous season where they won the league but got knocked out in the semis of the play offs.

Strangely enough I watched their last game on telly as I had a bet on it. His team played some great football and worked really hard all through the game. I know that's not a good way to judge it but who knows, he could do ok. Could be an absolute disaster but could be ok.

Guest Norbert

Aussie football is almost definately gash though, and no basis to judge a managers' ability. Any league which has Emile Heskey as a 'marquee' signing can't be all that good. If this is on the cards, maybe Venky's had looked up Wenger's wiki page, and thought, "A-ha, we'll go to some obscure league and get one of the managers from there."

Strangely enough I watched their last game on telly as I had a bet on it. His team played some great football and worked really hard all through the game. I know that's not a good way to judge it but who knows, he could do ok. Could be an absolute disaster but could be ok.

Whether its down to Arnold I don't really know , but CCM are the sort of team that give it their all every game , very hard to beat and not adverse to roughing it up when needed, Arnold was Australia U23 coach and CCM have a great youth policy. As an aside think Arnold played alongside Ben Burgess when Rovers sent him out on loan to Northern Spirit many years back

EDit : Just had a quick browse around sites over here , no mention of him being linked to Rovers, but early hours of the morning. CCM have just sacked their CEO though but sounds like the owner still as Arnold in his plans for next season http://www.ccmfans.net/community/index.php?threads/mariners-axe-ceo.5172/

Edit 2 - Sheff Utd supporters think he's heading their way http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112853482&page=1

Before the board goes into melt down could you give a bit of vague info on the source? How they know, things they've told you before that were spot on?

I've known my source for nearly 20 years and he isn't a BS artist, but a good mate. He works at the club and he is a big fan so wouldn't have anything to gain from starting something like this.

Ricky, I worry when people say "he could do/be ok". Pretty soon it will be "give him a chance, he needs 10 games, etc". Then we are back into the viscious cycle.

WE ABSOLUTELY MUST GET AN EXPERIENCED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER.

We need to know that Venkys 'get it'. Another unknown gamble would be a disaster in the making and further disunite the fanbase.

Archived