BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's the worst football player you've ever seen.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one of our FA Cup home drubbings against Coventry (the first one I think) from high up in the top tier of the Jack Walker Stand which gives a completely different view than the lower tier of the Blackburn End. Sadly, this allowed a birds eye view of Keith Treacey, especially in the first half when he patrolled the left wing. I'm not saying he was the worst player I've seen but he certainly gave one of the most inept performances. Sad really as I always want to see young lads make it through our system but young Mr Treacey graphically demonstrated that he wasn't going to be the next Duff.

It was also a bit sad when he pitched up at Burnley vowing a terrible revenge on us for binning him. I'm not sure what happened with that one.

David Hargreaves - Signed in 1974, he was the club record goalscorer with 56 goals in the 1975-76 season before a move to Blackburn Rovers in 1978. It didn't work out and he returned to the Crown Ground seven months later, scoring 51 goals and being named Cheshire Player of the Year. He scored 18 hat-tricks, four goals in a game times and once scored five in a match. He left the club in 1985 having scored more than 300 goals.

From Accrington Stanley.

I recall as a young lad looking at his stats via the telegraph thinking this guy is a goal machine.

Turns out he was in Accrington, but not Blackburn.

Kudos on his stats though.

Top of the list though, Danny Murphy.

Remember Hargreaves missed an open goal from one yard when we lost 5-2 at Blackpool (claimed he was pushed!) Load of fans there that day

I'd plump for Ashley Ward also. Nice guy but an awful footballer, terrible, how he had a career like he did and ended up in top flight is unbelievable. Sunday mornings are littered with beermonsters still half @#/? with far more ability than that guy.

I'd plump for Ashley Ward also. Nice guy but an awful footballer, terrible, how he had a career like he did and ended up in top flight is unbelievable. Sunday mornings are littered with beermonsters still half keaned with far more ability than that guy.

And yet Tony Parkes persisted with him and wanted to offload Jansen.

The mind boggles.

I'd plump for Ashley Ward also. Nice guy but an awful footballer, terrible, how he had a career like he did and ended up in top flight is unbelievable. Sunday mornings are littered with beermonsters still half keaned with far more ability than that guy.

Slightly more unbelievable is that Brian Kidd paid £4.5 million for him :(

Edinho Jnr for me.. just can't fathom how he actually got a few games.. hell after playing for us he has ended up playing for Whitehalk in the conference south (6th tier) less than a season after playing for us.. oh wait playing, he can't even get a game there.

Ashley Ward was pure kean. I remember us playing QPR at Ewood. Matty got away down the right wing , drew the full back in, side stepped him moving the ball on to his great left foot and picked Ward out with a lovely cross. The big tump was totally unmarked on the edge of the six yard box but he still managed to volley the ball into row Z ! What a waste of money. Kiddo signed some real kean, Simon Grayson was kean as well, another Kiddo signing. First thing you learn as a full back- how to pass the ball up the touch line. Every pass he tried went into touch !

Richard Brown for Rovers. Signed by Don McKay from Boston or somewhere, Featured in the promotion push but inexplicably got games under King Kenny in the Prem. I swear the guy could only run in straight lines and he had me pulling my hair out every time he played. His only attributes were his athleticism, but a footballer he was not.

Richard Brown for Rovers. Signed by Don McKay from Boston or somewhere, Featured in the promotion push but inexplicably got games under King Kenny in the Prem. I swear the guy could only run in straight lines and he had me pulling my hair out every time he played. His only attributes were his athleticism, but a footballer he was not.

He only got two games in the Prem. Hardly a regular.

Sean Curry he was poor

Hotter than vindaloo Sean Curry Sean Curry !

As well as being crap he was also a grade A plank. Remember When he went awol and Mackay had to go to Liverpool to track him down and talk him into coming back ?

Guest Norbert

I did like Sebastian Perez. Crap at defending, but bombed forward like a madman. But awful Rovers players in my time are Blake, Ward, Peacock, Dailly, Fettis, Dahlin (conman), Per and Tore Pedersen, Grabbi, Donis and Grabbi.

Archived