BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's the worst football player you've ever seen.

Modeste was terrible, that game against Newcastle in our last season in the prem when he missed chance after chance. That game was painful to watch.

Fettis too was really bad, think it was the season Arsenal first won the league and we were something like 4-0 down at half time and they'd scored with every shot. It was also the first time I saw Anelka at Ewood and he still is probably one of the fastest I've ever seen live.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

I think I remember someone on a messageboard describing Fettis as having hands 'like cow's tits'.

Modeste has to be the worst player I have ever seen. He couldn't even do the basics that you see pub players doing. Who watched him to bring him on loan I have no idea. He was an absolute joke.

Scored 15 goals for Bastia this seaon in Ligue 1. 5th highest scorer along with Aliadiere at Lorient

Bruno Burner was terrible. I remember watching a game v Arsenal and I could've done better.

Christian Daily was awful in the last relegation season.

Keith Andrews has to be up there too. I know he put in 110%, but so would I if I pulled on the blue and white shirt. That penalty away at Villa was comedy.

Of the current squad, I am surprised that Markus Ollson is a professional footballer (and an international!), if he played for a pub team he wouldn't stand out, he's not even quick despite what people think.

My ex team mate Dennis Hill

I still haven't forgiven him for joining the Dingles.

I used to live on the same street as Dennis many moons ago, if its the same one? Darwen manager?

Rochina? Stop on the wind up Jim.

Don't understand how Petrovic isn't in everyone's team.

Petrovic would be my captain he was that bad, he was on decent money also.

Rigters, dutch alleged striker

He barely got a look-in, though. Same goes for the legendary Elrio van Heerden.

Petrovic, on the other hand... No doubt about it, he was absolutely horrific for us. Terrible first touch, couldn't trap a bag of cement, and made a habit out of providing the opposition with clear cut chances due to his atrocious passing. I do not think he could even run.

My XI

Fettis

Kopel Coddington Mail Arentoft

Formica Oates Rochina

O'Mara Kuqi Modeste

Rochina? On a wind up there jim.

Also David Mail was a pretty good centre half for us at the old second division level.

And Graham Oates was the lynch pin of the 3rd Division Championship side so he couldn't have done too badly for us either.

Worst footballer Rochina, Mail, Modeste, Kuqi? :)

Keeley and Faz made a better pairing and Mail was incapable of kicking straight, but he did semi-ok at times, as we needed his pace. Kuqi couldn't do anything at all, but still contributed a lot somehow when we desperately needed him. Not sure how and the fee we got was hilarious. Modeste was not here long, certainly not the worst for me and has forged a career elsewhere, so fair dos.

Has Ronnie Hildersley been mentioned? I saw Jimmy Quinn was, but he at least scored some goals, often off the bench. I noticed Norman Bell got a shout, but if you liked maximum effort from players he was your man. Hildersley was shocking. Can't get my head round our very own David Goodwillie either. 2.8 million? Wouldn't have given £100.00 quid.

Amazing that the likes of Wilcox, Atkins, Miller, Sellars, Roberts, etc have been targeted taken in context. Rochina? That kid certainly has talent, not the worst for me.

There was another goalkeeper; Darren Collier who I thought was going to be a good-un. That is until I mentioned it to my mate and Darren (bless him) proceeded to lose all confidence and concede four goals in the game.

For older members, goalie Bob Jones was pretty awful, too.

There was another goalkeeper; Darren Collier who I thought was going to be a good-un. That is until I mentioned it to my mate and Darren (bless him) proceeded to lose all confidence and concede four goals in the game.

For older members, goalie Bob Jones was pretty awful, too.

Bob Jones played in our 5-5 draw with Arsenal at Ewood. He certainly didn't cover himself In glory in that game.

Rochina? On a wind up there jim.

Also David Mail was a pretty good centre half for us at the old second division level.

And Graham Oates was the lynch pin of the 3rd Division Championship side so he couldn't have done too badly for us either.

Rochina was poor - not sure how old he is but I suspect he'll be out of the game before he's 25.

Mail was average, which is the best i can say for him. Oates was a lynch pin alright - he should have been lynched, pinned to the ground and frogmarched out of Ewood.

Bob Jones played in our 5-5 draw with Arsenal at Ewood. He certainly didn't cover himself In glory in that game.

Wasn't he an Aussie ? Went to his house on Shadsworth once - can dimly recall an antipodean twang.

Wasn't he an Aussie ? Went to his house on Shadsworth once - can dimly recall an antipodean twang.

No Jim, Bob Jones was a tall, slim scouser we signed from Chester as understudy to Harry Leyland in March 1958. He stayed on understudying Fred Else at the club until 1965 playing 49 games for us. I think he was only on a part time contract because he had a good job at the time ! He later played for Great Harwood.

The guy you are thinking of is John Roberts who was an Aussie we signed from Chelsea in April 1966 when Fred Else had lost confidence completely. He played 3 games at the end of the dreadful 1965-66 relegation season. We loaned him out to Chesterfield before selling him to Bradford City in August 1968. He later played for Southend and Northampton. Imagine a premier league goalkeeper living on Shadsworth now ? My wife went for a deputy headship at that secondary school near the estate about 10 years ago and it was scary enough then. She got lucky and didn't get the job !

How about Sergio Peter? Reputed to have bags of potential coming through the academy and reserve side, and then went completely off the rails. Now plying his trade in the French amateur league, at the 'prime' of his career.

Scot Dann, Danny Murphy, Dickson Etuhu, Marcus Olsson, Edinho and Bradley Orr must be six of the worst players in Rovers recent history ever to wear the famous blue and white shirt.

Be gone the lot of them one can only hope the sooner the better.

Scot Dann, Danny Murphy, Dickson Etuhu, Marcus Olsson, Edinho and Bradley Orr must be six of the worst players in Rovers recent history ever to wear the famous blue and white shirt.

Be gone the lot of them one can only hope the sooner the better.

Sorry but lumping Dann in with that lot is very unfair. whilst not the best, he's certainly not the worst.

Archived