BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Is Making The Signings ?

Who is making / choosing these players we are supposed to be signing?

If its GB then shouldn't he be meeting n greeting these players so to speak and why hasn't he been named ?

If we still have no manager then WHO is doing this and if a real manager comes in and he doesn't want the new ones what happens then?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to think that it's Bowyer,

Why? I'd be even more concerned if he wanted to sign a player like Eastwood. Even his own fans aren't sorry to see him go and they are lookinng forwards to a season in league 2

how-to-win-at-slot-machines.jpg

Pretty much how I see it. I'd love to think that it's Bowyer, but the guys not even been appointed, so why would it be?!

I must have missed the announcement that Bowyer has stepped down or been relieved of his duties.

All the indications coming out of Ewood have been that Bowyer will get the job full time. Bowyer is the manager until we are told otherwise so why wouldn't it be??

Because he was appointed caretaker manager until the end of the season only?

Well, at the time he was appointed, but all the signs have been the intention subsequent to that is to give him the job permanently. If he'd been relieved of his duties or didn't want it and had stepped down I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now.

Obviously his permanent appointment should have been confirmed at a normally run Club before we started going after players. And it certainly wouldn't be ideal to allow Bowyer to sign 2 or 3 players now, then replace him with another manager who didn't fancy those players.

Certainly it is one theory that Gary Bowyer will be allowed to continue as manager and is currently de facto manager given no other appointment being made, but he has to actually be appointed. At the moment the club is in limbo, in fact I seem to remember Bowyer making a statement recently that the situation needed to be resolved and didn't Dunn last week say that Bowyer should be given the gig?

To those who harbour suspicions that all is not well with the club and that the manager is a mere puppet of the shadow owners, then this is yet more grist for the mill. Could've easily just been knocked on the head by taking the straightforward measure of immediately making him manager.

I'm just uneasy that we're signing players without formally appointing the manager. Let's face it, signing a third string goalie is a very low priority move, they're two a penny, there's no rush to get one in, it could wait until we have a manger permanently appointed. It's just more evidence to me that the club is not being run properly, and I'm absolutely sick of it.

lets not forget we havent formally signed anyone but we are defo lining up players to come on free transfers.

Nixon was saying in yesterday Daily Mirror that Bowyer this week will go to Pune for talks with the owners about becoming Permanent manager. I think we will get an announcement this week or early next week confirming that Bowyer is the new Permanent manager.

This was Bowyer talking about Rochina the other day.

"“I saw his goal (against Mallorca), he took it well and he’s got a great left foot. It’s obviously something we’ll look to pick up, it’s one for the club to sort out.”

Does he mean for him and the club, as is the norm? Or just for other people at the club?

I believe that these players will have been recommended to the owners by Gary who, I have no doubt, will be officially confirmed as manager in due course. The signing of Eastwood will clearly have come from a recommendation by Keeley, who seems to have been his mentor at Portsmouth. I would have preferred to have signed Sandermierski but suspect that the Polish lad would have commanded a fee whilst Eastwood is out of contract. If the LT is right and Robinson still has two years left on his contract then I can understand the club going for a cheaper option. I believe Usai is out of contract so with Kean, Robinson, Eastwood and Urwin available I can see why the club would be reluctant to pay a fee to Genk. Unfortunately, with Robinson out injured until the Autumn it will be impossible to move him on in this transfer window and one suspects that, rightly, he would be reluctant to move if the wages on offer elsewhere don't match what he can get at Ewood Park for the next two years.

Another purely cynical eyed speculation thread, grrreat(yawwwwn!!!!!!)

As far as im aware the players haven't even signed on the dotted line yet and Bowyers on holiday until friday, so if he does want them im sure they will be greated by him sometime in the not to distant future.

As for whos identifying these players to bowyer, who cares as long qs they can do their job and aren't breaking the bank.

I can't imagine there would be many clubs signing players at the end of the season without a manager officially in place. Most would put some form of transfer embargo on any incomings or outgoings (excluding those with expired contracts) until some form of structure is in place.

If Bowyer is going to eventually get the job and these are his choices then I don't see any problem with the process other that it looks really unprofessional. If it turns out he doesn't get the job or these aren't his targets then that's not good at all.

• Backroom

So its not a perfectly valid and reasonable question to ask?

Officially we have no manager, the caretaker manager from last season is currently on holiday yet we look like signing a couple of players

why post...just ignore it then ffs!!!!!!

Officially we have no manager, the caretaker manager from last season is currently on holiday yet we look like signing a couple of players

exactly...some people just seem to get aroused when i post ha.

must be the ABBEY charm .

It does seem strange we are appearing to be offering contracts to players without anybody in position but it would suggest whats been alluded to before, that GB will be a head coach , to coach and prepare the players for games. Player signings and contracts etc will be handled above , eventually by a DoF

Not really worth asking when you know full well no poster on here is going to have the actual official answer)

• Backroom

Taking that official line, it may be that Bowyer (once he returns from holiday) will be officially installed as manager, and (knowing this) he signalled he wanted these players, so Venkys (or whoever) have entered negotiations with them.

Though saying that......

...Its been confirmed by most that bowyer is getting the job, its just a case of him returning from his hols to officially anounce things.(i think its relatively safe to assume)

P.s. Only just noticed who actually started the threadZzzzzzz.

Archived