BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Backroom
That has to be a point in favour of Singh rather than Agnew, surely?

At least Shebby talks to the fans and press. At least he has acknowledged the fans. Before this, we all damned the regime for not giving a hoot about the fans. Singh has messed up, but he actually apologised for doing so. When have the Raos done so? Remember when Agnew was on that Lancashire Radio phone-in? Fans concerns were brushed aside, no complaints of Kean were allowed and it was patronising in the extreme.

Shebby might be a vocal prat but at least he doesn´t hide away and ignore tha fans. Too many Rovers fans are going after the wrong person. If we can´t have them all out, then Singh is the wrong one to target first. If he hadn´t come to the club, we´d probably still have Kean as manager now and be having to put up with a string of newspaper articles deriding our ungrateful support. Who do we think we are to complain? Little old Blackburn? If we´d just supported the club more we´d still be in the Prem etc etc...

Still, as long as the fans have someone to boo, eh? Keith Andrews has gone, so let´s boo Murphy or Singh or whoever else, eh?

You question why people chanted against Shebby - the reason is because he makes stupid comments all of the time and has made it clear he is the 'face' of Venky's in the UK. The reason Agnew doesn't get chanted against is because he doesn't make himself publicly available to be ridiculed. Cowardly? Sure. But a smart move.

I'm not saying it makes Agnew better than Singh or vice-versa, but Shebby could do with shutting his mouth more often. If he stopped whoring himself around for media interviews and saying idiotic things I'm sure a lot less ire would be cast his way.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You question why people chanted against Shebby - the reason is because he makes stupid comments all of the time and has made it clear he is the 'face' of Venky's in the UK. The reason Agnew doesn't get chanted against is because he doesn't make himself publicly available to be ridiculed. Cowardly? Sure. But a smart move.

I'm not saying it makes Agnew better than Singh or vice-versa, but Shebby could do with shutting his mouth more often. If he stopped whoring himself around for media interviews and saying idiotic things I'm sure a lot less ire would be cast his way.

There is nothing in that which I disagree with at all. However, Shebby at least seems to be trying to improve things AND build bridges between the club and its fans. Until his arrival, the fans were treated with complete contempt, and we were hardly considered or consulted at all.

He is a liability, no doubt about that. Yet, let`s remember that Agnew got his promotions under Kean and most recent one when Hunt´s letter begging for Kean to be sacked or we would be relegated, which shows just how some people have profited and prospered with our worsening situation.

At least Rovers doing badly reflects badly on Singh, so he needs to get things right. The strength of the others seems to get stronger the worse we do on the pitch.

• Backroom
There is nothing in that which I disagree with at all. However, Shebby at least seems to be trying to improve things AND build bridges between the club and its fans. Until his arrival, the fans were treated with complete contempt, and we were hardly considered or consulted at all.

He is a liability, no doubt about that. Yet, let`s remember that Agnew got his promotions under Kean and most recent one when Hunt´s letter begging for Kean to be sacked or we would be relegated, which shows just how some people have profited and prospered with our worsening situation.

At least Rovers doing badly reflects badly on Singh, so he needs to get things right. The strength of the others seems to get stronger the worse we do on the pitch.

Agree with most of what you say here FLB, except the part about Shebby trying to improve things. It seems to me he's using us as somewhat of a vanity project, and wants the experience of playing Football Manager for real whilst trying to secure the adulation of the fans. I called it from the time he publicly met with the supporters at the start of the season and got the fans into a "KEAN OUT KEAN OUT" frenzy by stating he'd sack Kean if he lost three games on the bounce. From there he was just saying everything and anything to appease the fans. He hasn't pulled the wool over my eyes and he'll have to do far more to convince me his intentions are anything beyond self-gratification.

Just a weird thought. What prevented shebby from declaring himself as the manager when kean was sacked? Or even now for that matter?

1. We assume the Venky's support all his decisions

2. Assuming he had enough power he could just ignore shaw/agnew

3. The press give him enough flak anyway

4. He gets enough flak from fans too

Obviously if he does that it will be a total disaster but if it was just about self gratification / I will play football manager for real he should have taken up that role.

Why appoint Henning Berg and hide behind him to control the team? [assuming he used to interfere with team selections. I mean why interfere when he could just pick the team himself] He was the "Global Advisor" anyway.

P.S. I am not taking any sides, I am simply curious.

Just a weird thought. What prevented shebby from declaring himself as the manager when kean was sacked? Or even now for that matter?

Obviously if he does that it will be a total disaster but if it was just about self gratification / I will play football manager for real he should have taken up that role.

Why appoint Henning Berg and hide behind him to control the team? [assuming he used to interfere with team selections. I mean why interfere when he could just pick the team himself] He was the "Global Advisor" anyway.

Shebby would have done but even he knows you have to have certain. Coaching badges and qualifications of which shebby has none

The best thing Shebby can do for BRFC is get out the club ASAP

Agree with most of what you say here FLB, except the part about Shebby trying to improve things. It seems to me he's using us as somewhat of a vanity project, and wants the experience of playing Football Manager for real whilst trying to secure the adulation of the fans. I called it from the time he publicly met with the supporters at the start of the season and got the fans into a "KEAN OUT KEAN OUT" frenzy by stating he'd sack Kean if he lost three games on the bounce. From there he was just saying everything and anything to appease the fans. He hasn't pulled the wool over my eyes and he'll have to do far more to convince me his intentions are anything beyond self-gratification.

No doubt about it, he´s playing Football Manager with us.

However, as you say, he wants the adulation of the fans. Well, he at least should know by now how to be going the right way about it. Step 1 - Appoint an experienced manager. My expectations are rather lowered these days, but someone along the lines of O´Driscoll, Curbishley, Grayson etc. would be fantastic. Basically, any actual manager that would lead and demand things, rather than an utterly inexperienced coach.

I guess we will find out soon...

• Backroom

Even Shebby isn't THAT stupid. The vitriolic backlash from the fans that would greet his appointment as manager would make his position instantly untenable. Even Shebby, in his general ignorance, is aware of that.

Im confused as to the thoughts that Singh signed all the summer signings, he is accused of picking the team, yet a lot of the said players aren't used?

well said confuses me too, maybe one of your usual detractors can enlighten us

Ha PUNE rover and not taking sides haha

• Backroom
Spent time with Malaysian national team last month. A couple of coaching staff insisted that Shebby wants to coach in England. Not necessarily Rovers but somewhere...

He'd have to start extremely low on the chain, I'm talking below conference level... because he'd get laughed out of any professional or indeed semi-professional club.

The irony is, now the national media have really caught on to him, he is Box Office for them.

This will only feed his ego.

It doesn't matter that he wants the best for the club either. (Does he?) For Blackburn Rovers, this over-promoted man will be a disaster, encouraged by a media, laughing furiously behind its hands.

'I'm a Celebrity' here we come. Followed by being romantically linked to Stacey Solomon.

Im confused as to the thoughts that Singh signed all the summer signings, he is accused of picking the team, yet a lot of the said players aren't used?

Unless they weren't signed for footballing reasons?

Even Kean never played Myles Anderson & Bruno Ribiero.

Where's the confusion PK. It was widely reported that the 3 late Portuguese signings were players that Kean had never seen. Kean was quoted as saying they were signed by Singh and he was really excited by them. In all fairness I was excited by Rosado as he'd been linked to some top clubs and had captained his national under 21 team. At the time I thought the signing of another keeper was an odd one, but no real issue with it a he may well be called upon if Robbo goes.

The only one of the foreign lads I've been really disappointed with is Edinho Junior.

Shebby's love affair with the BBC continues.

Live after Six with Gary Hickson tonight on BBC Radio Lancashire.

You are joking mate!!Does he stand under street lights at night so he can be in the spotlight?? has this tit got no shame?? Lets hope its his public resignation and farewell speech as after all this baffoon only does things in public.

Or maybe its his engagement to Judan Ali or Mr Mullan.

Archived