[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agnew is not Chairman.

Berg heard of his dismissal on the 6am Sky News

The other three read their fate on the club website

The patently obvious truth from those half hearted Shebby isms inflicted on 606 is that left to his own devices, Singh neither desires nor has any intent to appoint a manager with any clout any time soon and certainly not before we have a repeat of last summer's window this January.

Agnew is not Chairman.

The patently obvious truth from those half hearted Shebby isms inflicted on 606 is that left to his own devices, Singh neither desires nor has any intent to appoint a manager with any clout any time soon and certainly not before we have a repeat of last summer's window this January.

Is it Singh's job to sack people? id have thought that would be the owners responsibility Singh has admitted its not even his job to employ a manager(just to identify one and let the owners get him)

The fan who slagged Singh was telling the truth !

We will find out if Singh was shortly !

I don't think any of us know what the hell is going on, all i know is Shebby Singh may be getting all the flak when maybe just maybe it should be others, as many allude to on here enemies within, we know who they mean cos they have apparently traveled to Pune to get him sacked (mirror today) so they can carry on ruining our club.

I agree Shebby does crazy things but i still have the feeling he is doing his best for OUR club, now if he has to fight daily against the two sent to Pune he should be given the benefit of some slack here, I guess we will know one way or the other this coming week, and remember our owners stick together i doubt they would sack their uncle to keep Shaw and Agnew.

Agnew is not Chairman.

Agnew is not Chairman.

Okay Philip don't need to tell me twice , i obviously meant shaw/Agnew they run the club apparently.

Is it Singh's job to sack people? id have thought that would be the owners responsibility Singh has admitted its not even his job to employ a manager(just to identify one and let the owners get him)

Singh just said on 606 live on the BBC that he sacked them.

Heard the tail end of this clown's interview on 5 Live earlier. He is a master of uttering a lot of words but actually saying nothing. Some Rovers came on stupidly claiming that the club and supporters deserve Premier League football at which point I turned off.

These enemies within, who do they work for? Anderson? See this is the problem I have, if there's enemies within and your in charge then you make a change, it's pretty simple unless there's a third party involved! Whats going on?

The point I'm trying to make is WHY can't they be removed? WHY are Shaw and Agnew still there? Are they working for a co owner? Like Anderson??????

To be fair , Shaw wasn't here last season neither was Singh !

That leaves one , Paul Agnew who was promoted not for his hard work and dilligence , I suspect .....

Although Singh did'nt say anything especially controversial and basically just went on the show to put a few rumours to bed his erratic behaviour an incoherent "answers" wont have done him any favours in the ongoing power struggle, he's just give Agnew something else to hit him with.

I think we should remember that his incoherent, answers with stammering stuttering and you knows could be partly down to him processing and answer in his head then trying to translate it into English (at times not very well). Like him or loathe him at least he tries to address issues, in doing so puts himself there to be shot at.

Compared to our Press Officer come Director of communications or whatever title he carries now, who seems to stay in the shadows.

Derek Shaw is relatively new to the club, as is Singh. The only constant throughout the whole Venky's Kean era is Paul Agnew.

I think we should remember that his incoherent, answers with stammering stuttering and you knows could be partly down to him processing and answer in his head then trying to translate it into English (at times not very well). Like him or loathe him at least he tries to address issues, in doing so puts himself there to be shot at.

Compared to our Press Officer come Director of communications or whatever title he carries now, who seems to stay in the shadows.

Derek Shaw is relatively new to the club, as is Singh. The only constant throughout the whole Venky's Kean era is Paul Agnew.

He is not fit to run a professional football club and clearly has his own agenda.

Jerome Anderson ?

That name keeps cropping up , I wonder why ?

Can't pick his nose according to Sir Alex this time I agree with Sir Alex ...

I don't....he seems to be doing a cracking job of indirectly f*****g up our football club....allegedly.

Oh and he did well orchestrating the smear campaign to an absolute tee last season.....allegedly.

In no way defending Shebby Singh regarding informing people who are sacked, but should that not be the job of the chairman as the Clubs highest ranked employee.

Would normally agree with you, but according to Shebs there is no director at the club with the mandate to hire and fire that level of employee, that mandate lies solely with him.

If that is the case, then as well as being the guy shaking hands and presenting the new manager to the press, he should also be the guy giving the marching orders in personally and in private prior to the mews being released to the media, full stop.

Anything less is unprofessional and cowardly. He apparently not only did not personally inform them prior to the news breaking, but also never even met with them in person to confirm it, leaving that to others (who?)? Even if one implies that the news was purposely leaked to make Shebs look bad, he still didn't have the cajones to meet with the sacked personnel to confirm the news and at the very least apologise for the fact that they had to find out the way they did.

Also, the club doesn't have a chairman on site. That title is theoretically held by Mrs. Desai if I remember correctly (Even though not listed as such in the accounts. The closest things are Shaw as Managing Director, and Agnew as Operations Director - ambiguous titles to say the least that could be argued to be different titles for the same position, which normally would be right below a Chairman or Chief Executive, right?)

I don't even know what my point is because the semantics are irrelevant. It is all just a mess. I guess what I'm saying is, if he hires and fires them, he should take on the responsibility of the man to man relationship and take on the difficult tasks as well as the fun ones.

The Club needs an experienced manager and a new board of directors.
True.

However - how could you possibly get a good Board of Directors in under this ownership structure knowing that they will not be allowed to "direct" the club, and that they will have to work with incompetent external personnel from within the consolidated group of companies that have a higher management mandate than they do?

Nobody in their right mind who is worth their salt would take that job unless they were just out for a pay check, and not even then in many cases because their reputations within football would probably be tainted for the rest of their careers if they associated themselves with a "yes man" position under a regime such as we have at the club now.

Under this ownership structure a good, capable, strong Board headed by a knowledgable and no-nonsense Chairman is a pipe dream. I therefore submit that what the club really needs is a new ownership structure in order to be able to appoint a Board that is of the quality capable of righting the ship and regaining some semblance of dignity from the utter shambolic farce of the previous 25 months.

Archived