BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

NOW ITS OFFICIALLY EMBARRASING TO BE A ROVERS FAN...AT LEAST IT WAS NATIONWIDE HIS BLAH BLAH BLUBBERING BULL.

My father's family have been steeped in Rovers for many years so it saddens me to see what is happening. I try and follow the club (1/2 games a season) but my interest has waned for some time even prior to Keane so perhaps it is a bit naughty of me to comment. However, that was frankly the most embarassing interview I have ever heard. The only serious comment he made was building the club from the academy but even that was the type of cliched comment that shows his ignorance. The academy idea is probably why he is keen on Macdonald but I'm afraid you only have to look at the current Villa team to see playing young kids only will not deliver long term. Shebby did not sound convincing at all.

Rovers cannot survive with this guy, I'm sorry. Suffice to say I wish the club all the best for the future.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I want to know, you know, is how someone you know has manages to morph from someone you know, brought in to help communication, to basically you know, DOF and Overlord of BRFC.

Some people need to take a good hard look at themselves for helping this metamorphis to happen, you know.

It is odd that Singh is far overstepping his implied job title.

Add this to the work permit rumour and you wonder if he is the de facto club chairman but can't officially be called such? It would need to be fairly guarded secret (ho ho) hence all if the confusion and in-fighting.

Global Advisor? May as well have called him "Master of the Universe" such is the potential remit!

Aside from the juvenile comments about glasses and accents/Idiosyncrasies i'm yet to read anything to justify the removal of Singh. Under his remit (sort out the mess from the previous 2 years) we have seen the resignation of the most hated manager ever, a switch away from SEM, the removal of an underperforming manager (who was showing signs of going along the same path as kean) and finally the removal of the entire backroom team (something that perhaps should have been done earlier but at least it is now done.

Against this we have the flawed appointment procedure (and i think the blame for that should be shared around a little), his lack of social/political skills (MGP, not informing Black et al) and that he is actually a football fan that would so love to be involved and does things that can be construed as interfering (tracksuit at training, talking to the manager about players etc).

When a picture of him having lunch with Ali is construed as something terrible then there is a serious lack of objectivity and balance.

Of course if we now appoint a nomark from the lower leagues of liechtenstein then i will happily retract all of the above

^_^

I think we should remember that his incoherent, answers with stammering stuttering and you knows could be partly down to him processing and answer in his head then trying to translate it into English (at times not very well). Like him or loathe him at least he tries to address issues, in doing so puts himself there to be shot at.

Compared to our Press Officer come Director of communications or whatever title he carries now, who seems to stay in the shadows.

Derek Shaw is relatively new to the club, as is Singh. The only constant throughout the whole Venky's Kean era is Paul Agnew.

Are you serious? He is a football pundit, nothing more, nothing less. He spent years on TV plying this trade and has a perfect grasp of our language.

We know what you think about PA - almost every one of your posts mentions him (and I agree that he is a slimeball), but dont put Singh up there on a pedestal because he hasnt earned the right to be there.

He's just been described as a 'buffoon' on sunday supplement. The 'pundits' were laughing at his performance on 606.

'The lunatics have taken over the assylum' , was also stated.

They were very sympathetic towards Rovers and its fans.

Maybe the press are shifting their opinion!!!

It has been said that Shaw wants Singh sacked. Not surprising really. Shaw is no saint, but Singh is just a buffoon.

Fans of other clubs could also change their views with regards to Rovers fans. After last night on 606 and now this morning, the media waking up.

It has been said that Shaw wants Singh sacked. Not surprising really. Shaw is no saint, but Singh is just a buffoon.

Fans of other clubs could also change their views with regards to Rovers fans. After last night on 606 and now this morning, the media waking up.

If shaw gets his way and Shebby is removed that would mean Agnew keeps his position, i think if that happened then that will be the finish for our club. I would rather have Shebby Singh before than the two Preston fans ruining our club.

I don't like Shaw or Agnew but I would trust the former to appoint a 'real' manager, unlike Shebby.

Shaw will also be content to stick within the confines of his job title and not parade around Brockhall in a tracksuit talking tactics with the manager.

I am surprised that anyone still can't see through Singh and believes a word he says.

If we end up with another puppet ( "I want to be Kevin MacDonald's friend" ), Singh will be to blame.

He's just been described as a 'buffoon' on sunday supplement. The 'pundits' were laughing at his performance on 606.

Too little too late, bunch of hypocrites

If shaw gets his way and Shebby is removed that would mean Agnew keeps his position, i think if that happened then that will be the finish for our club. I would rather have Shebby Singh before than the two Preston fans ruining our club.

Don't take is as a pop, but, watching from afar not being a blackburn fan. I lasted less than 5 minutes of that interview. 57 days is "A Lifetime" in football? It's 10 games. Now maybe Berg wasn't the right man, but, after Alladyce Kean and now Berg. It's going to difficult to find someone credible as a replacement. Mr Singh is said to have media experience from his days in singapore? Well he came off as a bit of a tit. Not someone I'd trust to choose my next manager

Don't take is as a pop, but, watching from afar not being a blackburn fan. I lasted less than 5 minutes of that interview. 57 days is "A Lifetime" in football? It's 10 games. Now maybe Berg wasn't the right man, but, after Alladyce Kean and now Berg. It's going to difficult to find someone credible as a replacement. Mr Singh is said to have media experience from his days in singapore? Well he came off as a bit of a tit. Not someone I'd trust to choose my next manager

Couldnt agree more Baggie, I was cringing for the whole sorry episode.

The problem is, we have nobody running the club who is capable of making a rational, sensible, correct decision.

Not only are we ruddeless, we are powerless.

When I think back to the loud music to drown out protests, the bans on flags, the searching of home supporters on entry to the ground, the lies he told, the physical harassment of home supporters, the goons photographing supporters etc etc:

Agnew comes second only to Kean on my most hated list. He hitched himself to him and rose with him AND HE"S STILL HERE!

Couldnt agree more Baggie, I was cringing for the whole sorry episode.

The problem is, we have nobody running the club who is capable of making a rational, sensible, correct decision.

Not only are we ruddeless, we are powerless.

As I said in a previous post you have my sympathy. They're all clueless

Aside from the juvenile comments about glasses and accents/Idiosyncrasies i'm yet to read anything to justify the removal of Singh. Under his remit (sort out the mess from the previous 2 years) we have seen the resignation of the most hated manager ever, a switch away from SEM, the removal of an underperforming manager (who was showing signs of going along the same path as kean) and finally the removal of the entire backroom team (something that perhaps should have been done earlier but at least it is now done.

Against this we have the flawed appointment procedure (and i think the blame for that should be shared around a little), his lack of social/political skills (MGP, not informing Black et al) and that he is actually a football fan that would so love to be involved and does things that can be construed as interfering (tracksuit at training, talking to the manager about players etc).

When a picture of him having lunch with Ali is construed as something terrible then there is a serious lack of objectivity and balance.

Of course if we now appoint a nomark from the lower leagues of liechtenstein then i will happily retract all of the above

^_^

and his qualifications for running a club are?

Agnew ========== common poision and all round slimeball.

It wont last though ...someone at the higher table will wind them back in and have a go at the fans.

Singh is front of house and we see a lot of what he's up to plus i actually think he just desparetly wants to be liked, although he goes about it in a bizzare way but to be fair he will have to take most of his orders from above so a lot of his 'you know' pussy footing around is because he does not know the answers. Plus give him enough rope an we know what happens! Agnew on the other hand is a sniveling sneek lurking around in the shadows and walls of Ewood etc. The way he welded himself to Kean then went to war with the fans from the shadows makes him scum of the highest order. He has to go first for me.

Singh is front of house and we see a lot of what he's up to plus i actually think he just desparetly wants to be liked, although he goes about it in a bizzare way but to be fair he will have to take most of his orders from above so a lot of his 'you know' pussy footing around is because he does not know the answers. Plus give him enough rope an we know what happens! Agnew on the other hand is a sniveling sneek lurking around in the shadows and walls of Ewood etc. The way he welded himself to Kean then went to war with the fans from the shadows makes him scum of the highest order. He has to go first for me.

+1

Its amazing that in the poll shaw and agnew are pipping sing in the popularity stakes. I don't know what Singh has done that compares to Agnews support of Kean and smear campaign against supporters, it seems we have short memories. As far ridiculous statements in the national media, as mentioned already, wasn't Shaw who undermined Berg's positioned a few days after his appointment confirming he wasn;t the number one choice. In fact, whenever Shaw or Agnew have popped their heads up and said something its usually more ridiculous than what Singh comes out with, although they look like Malaysia's answer to Charlie Chaplin so they attract so much ridicule, I'd put my kneck out and say Singh has more credentials to help run a football club than the likes of shelve man and small time PR man together. Singh also at least acknowledges his mistakes. Don;t get me wrong, I'm more indifferent to Sing rather than a big supporter, but I feel it would be a mistake if the supporters ire turns on Singh rahter than Agnew and Shaw.

Abbey - he doesn't have any from the business side of things. If however he fights for the right decisions regarding actions on the pitch, secures funding for transfers and establishes contact with a disenfranchised set of fans then i would suggest he is at least partially suited and if Shaw/Agnew stop the infighting or we appoint somebody to work in tandem to Shebby then my opinion is that things will get a little better.

Roverandout - KFC is awesome, seriously it is like h. Visits to the uk usually entail serious weight gain because of it.

Patrick Valery - couldn't agree more.

Archived