BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

True.

However - how could you possibly get a good Board of Directors in under this ownership knowing that they will not be allowed to "direct" the club, and that they will have to work with incompetent external personnel from within the consolidated group of companies that have a higher management mandate than they do?

Nobody in their right mind who is worth their salt would take that job unless they were just out for a pay check, and not even then in many cases because their reputations within football would probably be tainted for the rest of their careers if they associated themselves with a "yes man" position under a regime such as we have at the club now.

Under this ownership a good, capable, strong Board headed by a knowledgable and no-nonsense Chairman is a pipe dream. I therefore submit that what the club really needs is new ownership in order to be able to appoint a Board that is of the quality capable of righting the ship and regaining some semblance of dignity from the utter shambolic farce of the previous 25 months.

So are the Rovers Trust now wanting Full ownership or a stake? I can't keep up with this.

Some of you are saying you want a stake, and others are demanding Venkys go and sell all the club. If some are demanding and saying one thing whilst the others are saying another, surely this will send them further away from coming to the table.

I think a statement from the trust wouldnt go amiss with their intentions at this time, whilst a statement over what has occurred over the last week wouldnt go amiss either

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shabby did not get a good reception when he arrived at the ground or during the game. Think many fans have had enough of him, as well as the rest of the numptys running our club.

A fresh start with all of shabby, agnew and shaw out would be rather nice. Not going to happen though.

So are the Rovers Trust now wanting Full ownership or a stake? I can't keep up with this.

Some of you are saying you want a stake, and others are demanding Venkys go and sell all the club. If some are demanding and saying one thing whilst the others are saying another, surely this will send them further away from coming to the table.

I think a statement from the trust wouldnt go amiss with their intentions at this time, whilst a statement over what has occurred over the last week wouldnt go amiss either

We want whatever is feasible under whatever specific circumstance arises that allows the opportunity for Rovers Trust to become part of the ownership structure at the club. I edited my post to state ownership structure instead of simply "ownership" because that's what I meant, and as you have immediately jumped on, is ambiguous.

If all the decisions must go through India or its representative, then a strong board is not a strong board and doesn't have full mandate to run the club, full stop. So wishing for a new board will not solve the problems, right? Something has to be done to either convince the current ownership to allow a board the full running of the club without outside influences, or there has to be a new ownership structure that will be able to do this, which is not consistently 9,000 miles away and is in touch with the day to day goings on without feeling the need to neuter the executive powers of the people allegedly put in place to direct the club.

Don't you agree that a new board would essentially be useless if it remained as powerless as it does today? You yourself have said that Shebs isn't fit to run it, even if he does mean well, and I whole-heartedly agree with that.

Rovers Trust isn't going to make a statement about who the next manager should be or what has happened, because like all the rest of the supporters out there except for you, we have no clue what has actually gone on or is going on. All we know is that Berg and the coaching staff have been sacked, and there are rumours galore that have been subsequently denied, proven false, or still unproven or basically hearsay. It is all a mess!

We're not in the business of commenting on things we don't know as fact, so there is nothing we really need to state at the moment. We of course share the feeling that proper experience and pedigree need to be brought into the club at all management levels in both on and off pitch positions, including the 1st team manager and the board of directors.

It is simply my personal view that under the current ownership structure, that is either bordering on the impossible, or actually 100% impossible because of the way the corporate structure of the consolidated companies works, i.e. an external employee having a higher mandate than even the highest ranking officer at the club.

I've just listened to the Shebby interview, bit of a ropey start comparing Berg's tenure to marrying a woman but hey, bit of an ice breaker for him.

I thought given the circumstances he came across well and almost let slip a couple of worrying thoughts.

Firstly, his job role is to work against enemies from within the club and outside? Shame he couldn't elaborate more on that one.

Also, he vehemently denied rumours about his interference with team selection and affairs within the club. He didn't sound on the spot, in fact he sounded welcoming of the opportunity to quash those rumours. He did however hint at these rumours originating from somewhere within the club. Would this tie in with his "enemies within" comment?

All in all I don't think he really did any wrong with what he said. Only time will tell if he was telling the truth though.

You dont need much of an imagination to identify the enemies within the club? Venky's time in charge has been catastrophic on the pitch and off it.

Kean was backed to the hilt by his cheerleader, a smear campaign against the fans was launched, the whole thing got and still is messy. Throughout all this there has been one constant within the corridors of power, one person has somehow landed a place on the board throughout this mess.

We want whatever is feasible under whatever specific circumstance arises that allows the opportunity for Rovers Trust to become part of the ownership structure at the club. I edited my post to state ownership structure instead of simply "ownership" because that's what I meant, and as you have immediately jumped on, is ambiguous.

If all the decisions must go through India or its representative, then a strong board is not a strong board and doesn't have full mandate to run the club, full stop. So wishing for a new board will not solve the problems, right? Something has to be done to either convince the current ownership to allow a board the full running of the club without outside influences, or there has to be a new ownership structure that will be able to do this, which is not consistently 9,000 miles away and is in touch with the day to day goings on without feeling the need to neuter the executive powers of the people allegedly put in place to direct the club.

Don't you agree that a new board would essentially be useless if it remained as powerless as it does today? You yourself have said that Shebs isn't fit to run it, even if he does mean well, and I whole-heartedly agree with that.

Rovers Trust isn't going to make a statement about who the next manager should be or what has happened, because like all the rest of the supporters out there except for you, we have no clue what has actually gone on or is going on. All we know is that Berg and the coaching staff have been sacked, and there are rumours galore that have been subsequently denied, proven false, or still unproven or basically hearsay. It is all a mess!

We're not in the business of commenting on things we don't know as fact, so there is nothing we really need to state at the moment. We of course share the feeling that proper experience and pedigree need to be brought into the club at all management levels in both on and off pitch positions, including the 1st team manager and the board of directors.

It is simply my personal view that under the current ownership structure, that is either bordering on the impossible, or actually 100% impossible because of the way the corporate structure of the consolidated companies works, i.e. an external employee having a higher mandate than even the highest ranking officer at the club.

I'm sorry Daniel thats a cop out, the Manager and backroom team were removed, We have two directors in Pune, and one Global Advisor contradicting everything.

Surely as a supporters group with paying members , you should be issueing a statement of things which are factual like the above.

Regarding ownership, I still don't see how saying publically that the owners are incompetent etc is going to help the Rovers Trust cause in getting them to table, equally by slating publically their Employees.

Your intentions are admirable but with a steering committee of 15, your message needs to be more well oiled and constistant , rather than twitter rants and different posts on forums or different opinions via telephone phone in's.,

You all need to be singing from the same Hymn sheet.

This post is not really aimed too much at you, bar the point I asked previously. As you are always professional and answer in depth to the best of your knowledge.

just a drunken stream of personal insults aimed at singh whilst his idiot mates cheered him on(hes on a coach returning from the game somwhere), the presenters pretty much let him know he's a fool and cut him of once it was clear he had nothing even remotely intelligent or interesting to say

Haha lighten up! Looks like I was one of the idiot mates then! He rang up for a joke after a rather long day; we didnt expect he would actually get on.

Chris won't be winning any awards for orator of the year but all he did was call shebby a pillock, which is pretty much the general consensus, and less insultive than what all rovers fans sang for 99 mins at Barnsley.

Also at least Chris was straight to the point with his pillock assertion, which made a refreshing change from shebbys failure to answer simple questions, and ramble on for 10 minutes about nothing.

Biggest issue here is the January transfer window. We were relying on that to push us up the table and Berg was promised funds (!)

So what now? A head coach is appointed before the manager so the new manager can't pick his own team?

The players will have been bought for him so he can't choose them either?

That's going to reduce the field of applicants is it not?

Seems to me, it's all about preventing a strong, experienced managed taking over and keeping Singh in power.

And,in truth, what's he know?

[quote name="glen9mullan" post="1355871" timestamp="

your message needs to be more well oiled and constistant , rather than twitter rants and different posts on forums or different opinions via telephone phone in's.,

You all need to be singing from the same Hymn sheet.

It could be argued that the same could be said of BRAG though Glen. I completely agree with the sentiments but just saying its an interesting observation you've made about the trust that others have made against you.

The problem here - ego's playing hoofball - the ball being BRFC.

For some reason, our club is full of people wanting to make money or a name for themselves rather than function / operate as a team for the benifit of Blackburn Rovers.

There's serious bitching going on this MB but that doesn't come close to the farce at Rovers.

I do believe much of Glen's posts last night. There are still enemies within, as SPECCY TW@T puts it. But he is and will continue to be an embarassment to Rovers.

I believe Agnew is also working to an agenda, NOT for the club.

Venkys option one. SELL UP

Venkys option two. REMOVE ALL Directors / advisors & install a FIT & PROPER board of directors, to regain control, pride & focus on Blackburn Rovers FC.

They won't sell-up yet. Lord only knows why. The official line is that Balaji doesn't want to put his toy away yet - but considering his plaything is now a damaged second-tier football club with mounting debts, I can't quite see the appeal. And for all this talk of his 'passion', he's never here and doesn't seem to have any clue what's happening (e.g. Eric Black taking control?). Apparently the family need an unanimous decision before they can act and Balaji is preventing them from putting the club on the market. Easy way around that, just cast a vote for who wants to keep the club. If they can't all agree then they have no choice but to sell sell sell. :D

This season is a total write off and the only serious course of action is

Sack Singh, Shaw and Agnew

Employ experienced and competent replacements

Find a new manager

Rebuild in the summer

Ignore the first task and we may as well p*ss into a hurricane

This season is a total write off and the only serious course of action is

Sack Singh, Shaw and Agnew

Employ experienced and competent replacements

Find a new manager

Rebuild in the summer

Ignore the first task and we may as well p*ss into a hurricane

Yes, yes, yes, we all know the course of action Venky's need to take. We've known for nigh on two years now.

They didn't have the gumption to sack Kean as the club (and their investment) went hurtling out of the Premiership. That tells you about the class of idiot we're dealing with here.

I think we should remember that his incoherent, answers with stammering stuttering and you knows could be partly down to him processing and answer in his head then trying to translate it into English (at times not very well). Like him or loathe him at least he tries to address issues, in doing so puts himself there to be shot at.

Compared to our Press Officer come Director of communications or whatever title he carries now, who seems to stay in the shadows.

Derek Shaw is relatively new to the club, as is Singh. The only constant throughout the whole Venky's Kean era is Paul Agnew.

I think we should remember that his incoherent, answers with stammering stuttering and you knows could be partly down to him processing and answer in his head then trying to translate it into English (at times not very well). Like him or loathe him at least he tries to address issues, in doing so puts himself there to be shot at.

Compared to our Press Officer come Director of communications or whatever title he carries now, who seems to stay in the shadows.

Derek Shaw is relatively new to the club, as is Singh. The only constant throughout the whole Venky's Kean era is Paul Agnew.

I once said on here that language was maybe an issue with Singh. But my wife pulled me up this and said it was not true.

My wife is Malaysian - Chinese, brought up in Malaysia / Singapore. Her English is better than mine. As is that of her family and friends. Yet she has had no media training etc etc. I am aware there are others on here who have spent time in the far east, who may agree that the use of English language over there is not as bad as some may think.

whos grasp and use of English is far far better than what Singh is using.

He has had media training, been in front of cameras etc - so knows how to handle himself if a journo asks him question.

Sorry his stuttering, I know answers, is not down to problem with language.

I once said on here that language was maybe an issue with Singh. But my wife pulled me up this and said it was not true.

My wife is Malaysian - Chinese, brought up in Malaysia / Singapore. Her English is better than mine. As is that of her family and friends. Yet she has had no media training etc etc. I am aware there are others on here who have spent time in the far east, who may agree that the use of English language over there is not as bad as some may think.

whos grasp and use of English is far far better than what Singh is using.

He has had media training, been in front of cameras etc - so knows how to handle himself if a journo asks him question.

Sorry his stuttering, I know answers, is not down to problem with language.

He's an ex footballer, isn't he? He could just be badly educated?

A lot of footballers say "y'know". Didn't P*** I*** do it a lot?

Archived