SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Singh isn't mentioned

Not by name , but pretty obvious "Instead there is now a great concern that a Manager will not be appointed and team selection may be influenced from the board room. Managers choose backroom teams, not those individuals who have been given the role of over overseeing club operations."

Fair play to Glen for the comments at the foot of that article. No sucking up there...

Rovers Action Group spokesman Glen Mullan said yesterday: "Nobody has a clue what is going on. The supporters want Singh, Shaw and Venky's out. Shebby will get it double-barrelled tomorrow from the supporters. If he even thinks about going near that dugout god help him. Everyone is now looking towards protesting on New Year's Day. It's gone beyond a joke."

Shebby Singh just interviewed by SSN, leaving Brockhall...

Alan Myers: "Well Shebby, we've heard a lot of rumours today. First of all let's put the Judan Ali rumour around, he's not joined as a coach?"

Shebby Singh: "No, no, he's a guest of the club, you know, and he's... no there's been no appointment, no signings, no, none at all. I mean that's rumour and speculation, you know, and at the end of the day, what can I say but, please, I'm saying this now, no it's not true."

AM: "And there was talk that you were going to take training this morning... he was going to take training"

SS: (Laughs): "No, no, no, I mean, we've got capable people, you know, we've... this club... no, it's, it's well run, we've got proper people. Gary Bowyer has been reserve team and Under-21 manager, for two years. He's been at the club for 8 years, you know, er... Terry McPhilips, you know, Tony Grant, I mean, Steve Drench (sp?), you know, great guys. You know, they've been working so hard behind the scenes, you know. People don't realise all the hard work that they put in so, you know, I mean, nothing of that sort, it's been business as usual."

AM: "Now this speculation from India now that we hear just recently, or just lately, in the last few minutes that Balaji Rao has said that the new manager, or new coach has been decided and that he will be announced tomorrow evening, are you saying that's not true either?"

SS: "Well, I can safely say that that is not true because I was on the phone with him. We've been on the phone, you know, all morning and no it's not true. Somebody has just decided to be mischievous about it. So no, it's not true."

So there you have it, business as usual with the coaching staff mentioned not even listed on the club website - aside from Gary Bowyer - and all the rumours are completely made up.

Who to believe?

Nowhere in that statement does Singh say that Ali will not be appointed, simply that no decision has yet been made. Not made could simply mean not yet announced. With a bit of luck the overwhelming reaction by Rovers fans and generally will mean they have to change their mind again. Has come across very slimy in all this has Singh. Keeps telling us that Ali is just with us on a training fortnight, I don't think you'll find anyone who believes nothing further was intended.

Well said Glen.

Phil, I have to question the one point you made about Venkys getting in cheap players and reducing the wage bill to a level which would avoid administration. How does that explain a 4 year deal for our midfield clogger? We have players on fairly long expensive contracts, we can't just we rid of them and nobody will buy them that's for sure!

The question was what to do going forwards without going into administration.

Interesting that we have seen Judan Ali and Kevin Macdonald rowed back on and today's anticipated Shebby Portuguese Express parked in the garage along with some very established players known to be keaned off with the clown.

Did Agnew plant these stories just to wind us all up?

Was Shebby planning to make those moves and ran scared?

Fair play to Glen for the comments at the foot of that article. No sucking up there...

Rovers Action Group spokesman Glen Mullan said yesterday: "Nobody has a clue what is going on. The supporters want Singh, Shaw and Venky's out. Shebby will get it double-barrelled tomorrow from the supporters. If he even thinks about going near that dugout god help him. Everyone is now looking towards protesting on New Year's Day. It's gone beyond a joke."

Such a shame he missed mentioning the biggest scummer.....Agnew

• Backroom

Shebby just can't help himself. It's the Shebby Singh show and Blackburn Rovers are just a vehicle to help him promote himself. He's an odious little man who has suckered in far too many people with his "openness" and "friendliness". Thankfully people are beginning to see through him.

Archived